Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:27 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi, so I've created a Scenario map based on Locomotions Oil Oasis, problem is I cant create the win conditions eg 9 years to supply 50,000 of oil.
How do I create a win condition like this? I'm no good at coding...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:18 am 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

You would have to create it using a gamescript (which would not be tied to the map).

The good news is, such a gamescript would be really easy to code - just a couple of lines.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 am 
Engineer
Engineer

as I said I'm no good at coding. would this be something you could do?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm sure a few people by these forums would like to help you, but I cant't tell who, although I know PikkaBird is a great gamescript coder.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

acs121 wrote:
I'm sure a few people by these forums would like to help you, but I cant't tell who, although I know PikkaBird is a great gamescript coder.

Possibly, but mind: GameScript is not NewGRF.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:26 am 

EarthsDefect wrote:
as I said I'm no good at coding. would this be something you could do?

Nobody is good at coding when they first start. It takes practice, repetition and patience. But, if you try, there's only one possible thing that can happen - you get better.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:06 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

You can perfectly fine create a scenario that uses a specific GS such that the scenario will use that Game Script. But you will have to release the Game Script as a separate BaNaNaS-entry that is downloadable separate to the scenario. You can set a property in info.nut so that the game script will be hidden for all players except those who have ai_developer mode activated. And for them you provide a info-text that the GS is not general purpose.

I have created two such combos where there is both a GS and a Scenario that are meant to be used together. It is not the easiest thing to do and you will likely want to use musa when you upload the scenario so you can set up dependencies that are a bit more wild than the bananas web UI allows.

The two examples are:
  • Split - a scenario and a GS - quite old and more a proof of concept than a very good scenario. When you complete a goal, the land will raise and connect the main land with an island
  • Beginner tutorial - a in-game tutorial implemented using a scenario + GS and there is also an AI that can complete one of the chapters for you. More complex, but have all parts probably more well organized in its git repo at openttdcoop devzone.