Client side bot

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Karateninjazombie
Engineer
Engineer

Client side bot

Post by Karateninjazombie »

Morning all,

Is there a client side bot for multiplayer that's available for the latest version of openttd?

One that I can set running on my machine and point at a multiplayer game where I have a company already and tell it to manage my company?

I'm on the road a lot with work and don't get a lot of time to play and cant really remain competitive with my fellow players both of whom are desk based.

I am not looking to be the super hacker and instantly fill the entire map, just have something I can set running for 10 or 20 minutes a day to emulate my level of playing till I can connect myself when I am at a hotel so as to remain in the game and not lagging behind.

MODS: If I've posted this in the wrong place apologies, please move it to the right one.

K
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Client side bot

Post by Alberth »

Nope, there isn't, to avoid MP becoming a bot scripting competition instead of a human playing game.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Karateninjazombie
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Client side bot

Post by Karateninjazombie »

So no one has done one? Even out of curiosity?

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”