[GS] [JGRPP] New Renewed Village Growth: Combining Renewed Village Growth + Peaks and Troughs together

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[GS] [JGRPP] New Renewed Village Growth: Combining Renewed Village Growth + Peaks and Troughs together

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Hi to all. On discord many started to merge Peaks and Troughs (by Erato) and town growth scripts like Renewed Village Growth (by Firrel) into one. However, no content was published, although they are under GPL v2 and the official discord community servers use the merged script. Thus, I decided to publish one.

The version is v0.4. Hope this version is stable.

Thank Erato and Firrel for their codes and hard work.

Now downloadable on BaNaNaS. Source can be found on GitHub.

WARNING: YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THIS SCRIPT WHEN USING JGRPP 0.39.0 OR LATER, IF "PRESET" IS SET OTHER THAN OFF!!!

Under GPL v2.
Attachments
New_Renewed_Village_Growth-0.4.tar
The script.
(330 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] [JGRPP] New Renewed Village Growth: Combining Renewed Village Growth + Peaks and Troughs together

Post by Master Trams »

Hi John,

I've just tried creating a savegame with this script, and upon starting it has generated an error message pointing me in the direction of this forum. This is the error message:
NRVG Error.png
NRVG Error.png (142.7 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
I hope you know what this means and that it helps with future development, I also hope it's an easy fix.

For reference, I am playing on JGRPP 0.56.1, Preset is set to Off.
Having just tried again with Preset set to Equal Peaks, I have had the exact same error message.
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] [JGRPP] New Renewed Village Growth: Combining Renewed Village Growth + Peaks and Troughs together

Post by Heresy »

Master Trams wrote: 08 Jan 2024 12:28 Hi John,

I've just tried creating a savegame with this script, and upon starting it has generated an error message pointing me in the direction of this forum. This is the error message:
NRVG Error.png

I hope you know what this means and that it helps with future development, I also hope it's an easy fix.

For reference, I am playing on JGRPP 0.56.1, Preset is set to Off.
Having just tried again with Preset set to Equal Peaks, I have had the exact same error message.
Seems the script is not flagged correctly in BaNaNaS to include the dependencies it needs.

You also need to install these three:
SuperLib for NoGo (Make sure it is Version 40)
GSToyLib
Script Communication for GS

JGR has also updated JGRPP to 0.56.2, so if you are starting a new game, might be worth upgrading to that version at the same time.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”