[AI] RailwAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [AI] RailwAI

Post by RailwAI »

With expansion limit on, RailwAI doesn't want to become larger than other companies around. If you would join the game and build your own routes, it might expand again. It can sometimes occur that planes aren't used, depending on the shape of cities. It might decide later to start with planes, but it requires at least enough cash. Thanks for your bug reports, those will be solved in the next release (and I found 2 more bugs myself that were already longer present).

odisseus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by odisseus »

The AI seems to be confused by narrow gauge tracks. It builds dual tracks (which have a speed limit) and attaches narrow gauge wagons (which have a still lower speed limit and very low capacity) to a normal engine; as a result, the train goes at 20 km/h when 120 km/h would be possible with normal wagons.
narrow-gauge.png
narrow-gauge.png (40.24 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Attachments
narrow-gauge-2.sav
(98.63 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

It was indeed confused by the fact that only some carriages and track types have speed limits. I have fixed some bugs and added more options to regulate the company expansion. Therefore version 25 (now available) should always work better than 24. The changelog:
  • Bugfix: loading a savegame while creating a new service with ships
  • Bugfix: do not send helicopters to hangars instead of the terminal
  • Bugfix: repairing pathfinder was sometimes unable to restore paths along diagonal tracks
  • Bugfix: savegames while using the repairing pathfinders sometimes caused bad behaviour after reloading
  • Trains: better support for narrow gauge newGRF
  • AI Settings: more options to limit company expansion

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”