Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [AI] RailwAI
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Adding tunnels in existing railway tracks still showed some bugs in a few test runs (always fun when functions do something else than expected), as in
the following image:

A changelog for version 9:
- Build signals around tunnels that were placed in an existing rail line
- Bugfix: verify if a tunnel will be built as the AI expects it to be built (expectations were sometimes wrong)
- Bugfix: A train stuck on a disconnected piece of rail will get a depot where it can be sold (might take a few years)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Since V8, my savegame (and a new game) start with this error.

Attachments:
Black & Co., Jul 2nd, 1951.png [151.72 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:52 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks for reporting. I'm really surprised by this error, but I could reproduce it easily when I download the AI through BaNaNaS and start RailwAI.
If I extract the .tar file that was downloaded by openTTD to the AI folder, RailwAI starts without any problem.

If I take a look at the .tar file, it seems that openTTD writes 3 bytes too much for the file shippathfinder.nut. Usually this wouldn't matter because of zero-padding in the tar-files, but in this case BaNaNaS generated no zero-padding here :bow: I have opened an issue on GitHub about this bug in OpenTTD.

Luckily I'm not dumb and with a slightly different file length, BaNaNaS does more zero padding. :)
Changelog for version 11 (a lots of updates lately):
- Bugfix: verify if a train is in the way to build a tunnel properly
- Small changes in pathfinder for ships
- Slightly fewer buoys are used
- Workaround for a bug in OpenTTD that made this AI not downloadable through OpenTTD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:08 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

After a bit of development time in the last days (and a lot of testing time, mostly by running openttd in the background), version 12 is now available. I have implemented a small bit of strategy, with the goal of having more active train routes. Looking at the tests, it mainly goes at the cost of using less ships. :P

The changelog:
  • Strategy: use more trains. Use less ships. Try to build more cargo routes.
  • Bugfix: Use trucks more often
  • Bugfix: Buoys aren't anymore avoided when planning where canals should come
  • A truck service may not have the same loading station as destination station
  • Bugfix: rail will be always connected properly when a rail station became accidentally a terminus station.
  • Repair accidentally missing rail connections between two adjacent rail tiles
  • Miscellanous things: give vehicles a name
  • When extending a service A-B to C, do a better check if C is further than B (seen from A)
  • Bugfix: no crash from loading a game saved while building a new train route of which the route had been re-planned
  • Bugfix: continue building canals from a savegame, when it was doing that
  • Do not try to replan a rail track when the first attempt wasn't feasible because it was too expensive
  • Loan will not be higher than 0, if the company has 10 times more cash than the maximum allowed loan
  • Implement electrifying/upgrading rail (whole network at once, only if the company has more than 5 million pounds)