Ai help

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Newf
Engineer
Engineer

Ai help

Post by Newf »

Hey, need some ai help. I'm new to the game on Android (loved it 20 years ago).

I'm sure there's a rookie mistake I'm making, somewhere.

I've downloaded 3 or 4 Ai's, increased my number of competitors, configured Ai's to start 1 day after previous ai started a new game, startexgame play, and still no new company's.

What am I missing?
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ai help

Post by vrn »

Even if you set your AIs to start 1 day after each other, it may still take some time for them to appear. Try playing for a few ingame months, if there still aren't any AIs there might actually something going wrong.
Newf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Newf »

Thanks for your advice. I feel that I have gotton past that issue, and now have a new problem. I have a saved game, when I load It, it crashes 5 days after (which is when the ai is scheduled to join). If I change the ai to 0 competitors, I can keep playing.

It doesn't matter if I have the game set for a downloaded ai, or random ai, it crashes 5 days after I start.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

How did you download those AIs?

What do you see when they crash? In other words, we need an error message :)

Does it also happen when you start a new game instead of loading a saved one?
Newf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Newf »

Got the Ai's from in game

Don't get an "error message" the game closes, and a box comes up with "open ttd has closed" with an option to close game, or restart.

The same thing has happened multiple times with other games
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

That seems to be a general OpenTTD issue, as no AI should make the game itself crash.
I think you should report that in the topic of the Android port, as the Android port is actually an unofficial port of OpenTTD.
Devcutter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Devcutter »

Hi i have the exact same problem whenever ai join in single player it crash im on android as well ive tried different ai and without everything is fine and i dont have any grf.i got them from the in game library.is there a way to open up console on android ?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

AI crash has been fixed in the latest version, sorry about that.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”