SmallTownAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Re: SmallTownAI

Post by RailwAI »

I was checking games similar to xarick's AI competition. In 'my' game against SmallTownAI I saw that your AI was handling the game settings better and did a very good job! But then, after doing some improvements on my side, the odds had a new random seed and SmallTownAI quickly stopped doing anything, only saying "Money is lacking, taking out loan" (while it did not increase or decrease its loan). With a higher loan it should have enough money to buy a second bus and make profit, so I guess it should not be very hard to improve on this one :)

Attachments
Unnamed, 1968-09-20.sav
savegame
(593.37 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
ethaninfinity
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ethaninfinity »

Thanks for the report! I updated my AI significantly during Xarick's awesome tests, so it performs better now than it did during those. What happened in your game appears to be that you have the maximum loan set much lower than my AI can currently handle, causing it to try to borrow more than it was allowed to. Right now, it takes massive loans early on to start making money, and it was not prepared to try to make money when it was limited. The next addition to this AI should be actual budgeting, and I will make sure this is fixed when working on it. :D
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

ethaninfinity wrote: 22 May 2018 23:31 P.S.
How do you make a quote show who was quoted?

Code: Select all

[quote=source]
where "source" is the name that will show at left of "wrote:"

Also it is done automatically if you click the " button on the source post, labeled as "Reply with quote", that adds some aditional data as post and user id's (the little up arrow at right of "wrote:")
ethaninfinity
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ethaninfinity »

Update!

R8: Bugfixes and management

This update fixes several bugs and adds basic financial evaluation, removal of unprofitable routes, and working vehicle replacement.
Attachments
SmallTownAI-8.tar
(40 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
hjort
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hjort »

I'm not sure if you are still working on the AI, but one of the busses "blocked" a road the AI was building. The road is now missing one piece, and the bus going to the bus stop is driving in circles.

ethaninfinity
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ethaninfinity »

Thanks for the report! I am pretty busy and not actively developing this AI at the moment, but should be able to find some time to fix this over the next week or two.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”