I would like to present you my Game Script : City Controller
- Town growth based on cargo delivered. non-linear, dynamic rate (logarithm alike)
- Simple display on town screen (don't flood user with many figures, just highlight levels)
- Automatic and progressive cargo acceptance, based on installed newGRF, tested with ECS and FIRS (any economy mode)
- Two game types : collaborative or competitive [new V4]
- Town stabilizer (rebuild user buldozed town tile to avoid decreasing) [new V6]
File comment: example with goals
exe4.png [ 128.7 KiB | Viewed 13821 times ]
File comment: examples
examples.png [ 99.43 KiB | Viewed 13817 times ]
File comment: ctct-v7
ctct-v7.zip [26.5 KiB]
Downloaded 346 times
Version historyVersion 7
(May 2015 : rev 164)
- fix a small issue with town increase indicator when town no cargo are delivered.Version 6
(August 2014 : rev 162)
- add city stabilizer : new option
- fix loading big map issueVersion 5
(May 2014 : rev 147)
- fix a bug at industry sign
- fix a bug at town funding
- change text colorVersion 4
(April 2014 : rev 141)
- new game type
: competition (claimed city)
- display company or manager name at claimed city
- add company goal for claimed city
- add leader notes on global goals
- fix a bug at industry signVersion 3
(April 2014 : rev 127)
- new cargo mode : start with few cargo, unlock others.
- display town thresholds as global goals, show goal progress (checked twice a year)
- town goal scales on number of accepted cargos
- yearly update of map inhab/house.Version 2
(April 2014 : rev 115)
- fix : avoid unwanted house creation on gameload
- better inhab per house computation
- smoother town growing
- now on bananas !Version 1
(March 2014 : rev 103)
- non linear growing rate
- only 1 game type for now : "Every towns are free, Collaborative Town growing", other types will come later...
- compatible FIRS, ECS and builtin economies
- town cago acceptance : 3 modes
- display industry name option
- cargo bonus when all cargo types are delivered
- two languages : EN, FR
- based on Minimal GS 2 from ZuuNotes- non linear growing
see next post for picture.
we can have different kind of curves depending on cargo classes.- town acceptance.
the script does not change cargo town acceptance,
it just change how it's took into account.
in normal mode, town will took into account only basic cargos (depending on newGRF)
when your town is growing it will took into account more and more cargo.
the number of accepted cargo depends on town size.- unlocking cargos.
depending on mode you choose, you can play with every cargo unlocked from the begining, or with a progressive approach.
on progressive mode, cargos are unlock when a given number of town reach a given size.- bonus.
by delivering all expected cargo type to a town, a growing bonus is given.
you can reach higher bonus by unlocking cargo to deliver.- delivered cargo
Picked up cargo is not took into account, but only delivered to town does count.
in multiplayer, in collaborative mode (other mode aren't developed yet) : every player cargos are summed up for each town.- stabilizer.
when user buldoze town tiles, city is decreasing, this script has option to avoid it.
if script detect the number of house difference and trigger an house creation.Compatibility
- no dependancy required.
- scripts tested with each 4 builtin climats, FIRS (any economy), ECS vectors, and it will be compatible with upcoming ones, because it take towneffect cargo indicator.
- multiplayer compatible.
- savegame compatible.
- It's compatible with openttd v1.3 and higher : 1.4, 1.5, trunk...
note : if you play without economy newGRF, you will at least enjoy impact for valuable cargo.