AI help!

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jdmagtibay
Engineer
Engineer

AI help!

Post by jdmagtibay »

Good day. Newbie here. I downloaded a bunch of AIs from Bananas and the libraries they require as stated in the error log. However I cannot make these work. I cannot download it directly using the "Check online content" cause we don't have an internet connection at home. Can you please provide me with step-by-step procedures on how to make AIs work if they're downloaded from the forums or other sources? Screenshots will really help. Tried unpacking the libraries for the tar file, but they didn't work at all. Thanks!
Brumi
President
President

Re: AI help!

Post by Brumi »

How exactly did you download those AIs?

The most reliable way to download libraries is from here: http://noai.openttd.org/downloads/Libraries/
Put the .tar files (not the .tar.gz files!) in your Documents/OpenTTD/ai/library directory. No need to unpack the .tar files (although they should work even if you unpack them).

Keep us updated if you still have any problems :)
jdmagtibay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jdmagtibay »

Thanks for your response.
Yah, I think I got confused between noai and Bananas. I think I dowloaded the AIs from noai, while the libraries were from Bananas. When I unpacked the library tar.gz to .tar files, the tar files were named with numbers, not the library name. Is that supposed to happen?
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

I actually checked it now, the tar.gz files indeed become something like 1234.tar when you unpack them (at least if you download from noai.openttd.org, this is not the case when you use the ingame content downloader). That is not a problem, they should still work if you place them in the correct directory. You can even rename the .tar files to something more descriptive if you like.
jdmagtibay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jdmagtibay »

The numbered .tar files don't work, even under the library directory in the same folder as that of my AIs. I can't figure out how to do this.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

They should be in the ai/library directory, not the same directory as the AIs.

Are the AIs still missing the libraries? Are they missing the same libraries as before? Did you download the correct versions of the libraries? So, for example, if they say they need SuperLib v38, then download v38, not v40. Could you show a screenshot of the AI debug window with the error message, also with the current contents of your ai directory?

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”