[GS] Villages Is Villages

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gravelpit
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Villages Is Villages

Post by gravelpit »

Allan & Co., 5 lis 2004.png
(1.56 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I have a problem that cities just disappear after about 100 years, I deliver passengers, mail, food, even building materials and alcohol and nothing either grows or disappears!

I have been playing OpenTTD for many years and I know how to deliver goods to cities.
The best part is that cities that are left alone do not end!

before;
allan.png
before
(477.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
KeepinItRail
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KeepinItRail »

Have you upgraded the roads to a type which does not permit buildings? Are you using Timberwolf’s Roads? I think only town roads from that grf permit buildings.
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

Exactly that - those are "A road", towns can't build houses alongside them. It's all in the README for Roads, which no-one ever reads ;)
gravelpit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gravelpit »

Timberwolf wrote: 04 Apr 2016 22:16 That's interesting - looks like it's running into some problems with the language file. It's also not finding the compatibility script for API version 1.5 (AFAIK there haven't been any material changes 1.5 -> 1.6), I don't know if that would have an impact. I'll give that a try my end.

Which version of OpenTTD are you running?
Any chance I could get a screenshot of the folder you extracted the .tar file to?

The SuperLib for NoGo is a problem I ran into as well - there's a different version between AI and NoGo, I was convinced I'd downloaded version 39 until I realised I was looking at the AI version It's fine if you download from BaNaNaS, but of course I forgot about using the .tar directly. I'll make a note on the first post so nobody else gets caught out.
I guess it is somethhinng white youre roud set,i play on and citys make shorter(not grow) and i switch to RattroadsSet and everthings ok

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”