[GS] Villages Is Villages

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Timberwolf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Villages Is Villages

Post by Timberwolf »

What is mods32.grf? OpenTTD can't seem to find that on BaNaNaS...

Stanley Cooper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stanley Cooper »

Sorry, my fault. I've download it here viewtopic.php?t=76780

LaChupacabra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LaChupacabra »

Ok, I downloaded, checked and... you have no highways.
But anyway this is still a road problem. In this case, CZ Roads. The script doesn't matter here.

Quick test without script
CZ Roads bug.PNG
(642.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The problem concerns the option that prevents buildings from being built near some (selected) roads. The mistake is that the player should not be able to rebuild city roads into this type of road.
Edit: or actually even build or rebuild this type of road even own roads when there is a building next to it
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Timberwolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Timberwolf »

LaChupacabra wrote:
09 May 2020 00:19
Stanley Cooper wrote:
07 May 2020 19:22
...and cities started to die slowly.
Without downloading Your saves, I guess You have rebuilt city roads into highways. :)
This is a good guess - I've taken a look at the game and it seems to be a road type problem. If I convert all the roads to the cobbled type which has houses alongside it even in the shrunken cities, they start growing again.

Stanley Cooper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stanley Cooper »

Timberwolf wrote:
09 May 2020 15:38
LaChupacabra wrote:
09 May 2020 00:19
Stanley Cooper wrote:
07 May 2020 19:22
...and cities started to die slowly.
Without downloading Your saves, I guess You have rebuilt city roads into highways. :)
This is a good guess - I've taken a look at the game and it seems to be a road type problem. If I convert all the roads to the cobbled type which has houses alongside it even in the shrunken cities, they start growing again.
Thank both of you for your help and clarification, the problem was in CZTR road set, definitely. I turned off/on it and upgraded all roads to one of those insane numbers of road type and now all the cities started to grow again as its should.

Timberwolf, Last updates were great! (economic part) I hope you will keep bringing more features in the future.
Thank you one more time.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”