[GS] Villages Is Villages

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Villages Is Villages

Post by Limyx826 »

I started a game at 1800 and when the time is near 1900s there are barely any industries left since a lot of old industries unserviced closed down and not even a single new industry spawn in making the map very bare. Any tweak to the game script setting to allow industry repopulation rather than manually reenable the industry setting?
I am Limyx826.
erdek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by erdek »

Same problem here with the no new industries. I started arround 1830 and now it is 1914, but the only one new industry is the one that I create. Many of the original ones clased down.
Maybe it is a problem with my old ottd version or for enter in the cheating menu. I think I will modify the "industrial density" setting to see if it changes.
Anyway, thank you sooo much for the script!!
Timberwolf
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timberwolf »

The default settings are tuned a little toward FIRS where industries don't tend to close down as often, so preventing proliferation is more important.

By default, a lot of industries need to have quite high %age of cargo transported before new ones will be built. It's likely the script is expecting 75% of cargo to be transported from 75% of industries on the map before it will allow new ones to grow. Consistently hitting 75% transported is hard with early game vehicles, even in my own games I turn that down to more like 60% or so.

The solution is usually to keep working on connecting the industries that are left on the map, both to prevent them shutting down and also to increase that % served to the point new ones open up.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Any recommend settings for 2TallTyler's Improved Town Industries or purely vanilla industries?
I am Limyx826.
erdek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by erdek »

Timberwolf wrote: 12 Nov 2021 12:50 The default settings are tuned a little toward FIRS where industries don't tend to close down as often, so preventing proliferation is more important.

By default, a lot of industries need to have quite high %age of cargo transported before new ones will be built. It's likely the script is expecting 75% of cargo to be transported from 75% of industries on the map before it will allow new ones to grow. Consistently hitting 75% transported is hard with early game vehicles, even in my own games I turn that down to more like 60% or so.

The solution is usually to keep working on connecting the industries that are left on the map, both to prevent them shutting down and also to increase that % served to the point new ones open up.
Just remembered the other day that the settings can be modified while playing and also the "help" can be read so maybe the best is to tickle with te settings untill reach a point fine to me.

I usually play with high costs and very mountainous terrain so very often servicing some industries can be hard. Anyway, what shocked me more was that the mail distribution started to do things that I didn't understand at all. I quit your script thinking it was something it did, but I see that it was me who changed the settings somehow.

Sure that with an easier map and the mail in a simple distribution way I will enjoy your script more. It sure makes the cities grow slowly and that thing about the industries is challenging. The other way is maybe more dynamic but it's true that the map can get saturated.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Bug
Attachments
Jones & Co., 29. led 1989.png
(511.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”