Offensive land AIs

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kelidoskoped
Engineer
Engineer

Offensive land AIs

Post by Kelidoskoped »

Just noticed AdmiralAI companies around 1995 ish start spamming slow buses with GVRTS. 40mph. But they happen to take advantage of my freeways. While I try to get 70mph.
It's really offensive to me, like what a jerk multiplayer guy would do. But I'd not care if there were "road checkpoints"- so either the AI's, or my traffic could be sent around- sort of a "slow lane". Are there any GRFs with road checkpoints? Is there a fix so the AdmiralAI uses faster vehicles? Because my local AIs are causing a lot of trouble, and slowing me down. Eventually I was able to purchase 4th and 6th lanes, but that's a pain in the beginning. I was reasonably funded after a really good purchase of an AI company that gave me about 60m + doubled my income, but earlier game it would have been impossible, and the AI's 40mph trucks would use my 65mph roads for express buses.

Danke! :bow: And good Christmas year.
Bernie 2016
Trump, simply leave. It'll make everything much better, yes?
Sylf
President
President

Re: Offensive land AIs

Post by Sylf »

This thread is more appropriate for [http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=31]OpenTTD Problems[/url], even though it's AI that's giving you problems.

My solution would be to build drive-through bus stops/truck station on the highways, and give your vehicle the go-via orders through those stops. Those stops will act as waypoints for your vehicles, but increased path-finder penalties for other players' vehicles. Each additional station along the route will count toward added penalty.
Kelidoskoped
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Offensive land AIs

Post by Kelidoskoped »

While that would work with my highways, my smaller roadways are jammed as is. I could do it, but that's not the problem anymore; the AI decided to completely interrupt my goods flow by spamming trucks on my sawmill.. If it was configurable to not build stations in proximity (20 tiles?) of player stations, that would work out- The AI seems to like piggybacking my airports, as well, even though the planes leave with 1% cargo. It seems to not care about area served.
Bernie 2016
Trump, simply leave. It'll make everything much better, yes?

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”