Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
My AI, SimpleAI is being maintained in a similar fashion to Zuu's AIs which are maintained. I consider SimpleAI to be feature complete, so it is not very probable that I come up with some shiny new feature, but if there are bugs or similar problems with the AI, I'll try to fix them.
But, let's take a look on the forum threads of the AIs listed on the wiki
- AdmiralAI: There's a couple of outstanding issues at the end of the thread, and Yexo hasn't posted on the forums for 2,5 years, so we can safely say that it's not maintained.
- AIAI: Once again a couple of outstanding issues at the end of the thread, Kogut hasn't posted in that thread for 1,5 years.
- AroAI: Although the latest release is 4 years old, Lord Aro has posted recently there, and the only outstanding issue is in a heavily NewGRF'ed game. So I consider AroAI maintained.
- Beginner Tutorial - Ship AI: Zuu has already mentioned it.
- BorkAI: Latest version is less than 1 year old, no outstanding issues, it's maintained.
- ChooChoo: The latest release is a bit old, but I don't see any issues, plus Michiel is still there, so it's maintained.
- Chopper: Seems abandoned.
- CivilAI: The latest release is less than a half year old, I consider that active.
- CityConnecter: I don't know actually. It's thread is too short...
- CluelessPlus: Zuu has already mentioned it.
- CPU: No outstanding issues, but it's author hasn't posted on the forums since the first couple of releases. I you find a bug, report it, then we'll see if it's being maintained or not
- Convoy: One of the oldest AIs for the game, doesn't seem to be maintained.
- Denver & Rio Grande: Dustin has stated that he's not maintaining it.
- DictatorAI: krinn is active, but there is a couple of outstanding issues. Let's see what he says.
- EpicTrans: Doesn't even have a thread. I wouldn't consider that active.
- FastPTPAI: Haven't seen 11Runner for 1,5 years, seems inactive.
- gelignAIte: No issues reported in its thread, but gelignite hasn't posted in years either. Similar situation to CPU AI.
- Idle: Doesn't have a thread. But I don't think such an AI acutally needs maintenance
- IdleMore: Refer to Zuu. Let's see if we can find a "critical bug" in this AI
- MaiAI: Some unsolved issues, but the last post in the thread is from Hephi. There is no new version since the reports, I think it's not maintained.
- MogulAI: Has a 5 year old issue, it's abandoned.
- NoCAB: Mortloth has said that it's not maintained anymore.
- Orders Assistant AI: I don't know, seems to be similar to CPU and gelignAIte in terms of activity.
- OtviAI: The last release is 2 years old, but there haven't been any critical bugs reported since then. Maninthebox hasn't replied to your posts in the thread, so I'm not sure, but I could consider it maintained until a critical bug is found.
- PathZilla: One of the oldest AIs, Zutty has already said that he's not maintaining it. RoadRunner is a fork of this AI, and it seems maintanied as well.
- PAXLink: Refer to Zuu.
- RoadAI: The first AI of 11Runner, who seems to be inactive, as well as this AI.
- RoadRunner: The latest release is 2 years old, but there have been no outstanding issues reported since then, so I consider it active.
- rocketAI: Was a college project 6 years ago, it's inactive.
- Rondje om de kerk: The last issue is 4 years old, seems inactive.
- Rythorn Airline AI: Its thread consists of a single post written 3 years ago, no issues have been reported yet.
- SimpleAI: As I already said, I consider it feature complete, but I will still fix bugs if they're reported.
- StreetTraffic1: Doesn't have a thread, I consider it inactive.
- SynTrans: No issues reported, and I believe 11Runner gets a notification if someone posts in its thread, so I consider it active.
- Terron AI: No issues since the last release, which is 2 years old. I consider it active.
- TeshiNet: Seems inactive, has a couple of issues.
- TownCars: Refer to Zuu.
- trAIns: Received an update after a long period of inactivity. No known issues at the end of the thread.
- Trans AI: Quite an old AI, seems abandoned.
- TREE: Doesn't have a thread.
- TutorialAI: Refer to Zuu.
- WmDOT: Has an unsolved issue, but MinchinWeb has posted on the forums since then. I don't know really.
- WormAI: The latest relase was in June 2015, seems active
- WrightAI: Rather a proof-of-concept AI for the NoAI framework, I don't think it's being maintained. But there are no unsolved issues I know of either.
I apologize if I listed an active AI as inactive, I just tried to make a comprehensive list of all the AIs available on Bananas. Feel free to correct me if any of this information is wrong.
So it seems that there are no AIs that are actively developed with new features, the AIs are either in 'maintenance mode' or not maintained at all...