Bee Productive - complete goals to upgrade industries

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Bee Productive - complete goals to upgrade industries

Post by Zuu »

Hello,

Let me announce Bee Productive which is an experimental fork of Busy Bee where completed goals will be rewarded by upgraded industries.

Screenshot

Changes compared to Busy Bee
  • When you complete a goal to deliver cargo to a secondary industry, that industry will be upgraded and now work at a higher
    efficiency.
  • When you complete a goal to deliver mail to a town, all primary industries that are closest to this town will have their production upgraded.
  • The NewGRF will cause primaries to have no random production change. Only way to make primaries produce more is to complete a mail goal provided in the goal list.
Note: It requires a patch and IMessenger NewGRF to work. I don't recommend using any other industry NewGRF as that is completely untested and may have strange side effects. Also the NewGRF above will have some side effects/bugs like you can fund battery farms in any climate, because this is the first time I ever write some NML. :-)

Game Script Download
Game Script source (devzone)
NewGRF source (devzone)
OpenTTD binaries with the patch

Technical note
If you are interested in the patch, which allow any GS to send messages to industry NewGRFs, you can read more about it here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=73366

Edit: Added dowload link to pre compiled binaries with the patch
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Bee Productive - complete goals to upgrade industries

Post by Zuu »

Thanks to TrueBrain and the compile farm, there are now binaries available of OpenTTD with the patch:
https://www.openttd.org/en/download-gsnewgrf
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”