BusyBee & BeeReward - incompatible with JGR patch?

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

BusyBee & BeeReward - incompatible with JGR patch?

Post by kcl504sandboxgamer »

I tried to install both BusyBee and BeeReward scripts on the APK version of OpenTTD with JGR patch set using the link given in Google Play on android. In both cases, an error message is shown, while the company goal window only gives 1 goal regardless of how many company goals are allowed in the config. Tried the same thing without JGR patch, and things go normal.

EDIT: I then tried with the latest version of JGR (56.1). Although no error messages are shown, the goals shown in the goal window are wrong, because they don't match the target when I click on each of them.
Attachments
Screenshot_2023-12-16-08-59-43-500_org.openttd.jgrpp.jpg
(1018.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jordan9232
Engineer
Engineer

Re: BusyBee & BeeReward - incompatible with JGR patch?

Post by Jordan9232 »

I just installed the JGR patch recently myself and am also using the BusyBee game script. I also noticed the target is wrong in the goal list. It will display the wrong town (although clicking on it will center on the ACTUAL town, so I always make sure to click to make sure I'm doing the correct one). So I seem to be noticing the same thing you are.

On top of that, I am using a day length factor of 33, only 6 months have passed in game so far, yet I've already gone through the first 10 year cycle of goals that BusyBee gave me. It seems the game script isn't synced correctly with the day length.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

kcl504sandboxgamer wrote: 16 Dec 2023 02:08 EDIT: I then tried with the latest version of JGR (56.1). Although no error messages are shown, the goals shown in the goal window are wrong, because they don't match the target when I click on each of them.
Jordan9232 wrote: 20 Jan 2024 17:04 I just installed the JGR patch recently myself and am also using the BusyBee game script.
These are older gamescripts. Have you verified that these scripts are working as intended in OpenTTD 13? If not, try that. If they are not working in OpenTTD 13, then report the errors to the appropriate script developer (both have support topics on TT-Forums I believe). If it works in OpenTTD 13 but not in the latest JGRPP, then report it to JGR (also support topic on TT-F).
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

There have been some script text validation issues recently in OpenTTD. I haven't been following closely, but as I understand it -- some scripts, including BusyBee, don't pass the string parameters properly to show the right location for each goal. The incorrect way used to work, but OpenTTD became more strict, so it broke. Some other developers have been working to fix it so old scripts work again, and I think it will be fixed for the 14.0 release, but in the meantime JGRPP seems to have picked up the work-in-progress step where the script is broken but not fixed yet. :)

Other developers, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. :)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”