[GS] RCG - A city growth GameScript for OTTD

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] RCG - A city growth GameScript for OTTD

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi all:

As you know, FIRS 2.0.0 (well, 2.0.2) has been released with many changes with respect to any former version. This means related scripts will be incompatible with NewGRF, including this.

Sorry, German_RLI, but your changes did not work for me, so I decided to make my own updated version of the script.

The script is updated to FIRS 2.0.2 with its respective cargos; I updated all economies; As some cargos have been introduced, i tried to keep the spirit of the previous version of RCG, you know, the cargo categories...

Script has not been deep tested, just checked script compile and cargos fit well, so any test in a long time gameplay is going to be welcome.
Renewed_City_Growth-6.tar
(91 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
- Montana -
macburlak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by macburlak »

Hi,

I have downloaded script and FIRS 2.0.2, and I have this error:

Can you help me with it?
I have downloaded this missing library but still this error ocure. I have downloaded all libraries available in online content and still error ocure...
In FIRS settings i used EXTREME and in script settings i used EXTREME too.
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

It is a weird error indeed. Seems not te be code caused, but I may be wrong.

Anyway, try puttting Superlib 38 in a folder with the name "library" in the same folder as RCG.tar is. I have the script located in that way in my PC.
The folder "game" is in OpenTTD main folder.
Should look like that:

game (folder)
`-----Renewed_City_Growth-6.tar
`-----library (folder)
-------------`SuperLib_for_NoGo-38.tar

Maybe this configuration solves the problem. I do not know...

Reply me with any results, please :) .
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Make sure you got version 38 in game/library/ as explained in the previous post. Version 39 or any other version than 38 will not do any good.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

Hi,

Does this script works with grf OpenGFX+ industries? Tried all variations but constantly getting error when start a scenario "the industry set doesn't match initial cargo list".
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

By the moment, script only supports Basic, (all) FIRS, ECS and YETI (v5350) economies. Other economies are not supported (OpenGFX+ Industries, etc)
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

Oh, I see. But what about FIRS grf with economy parameter "extreme"? Will script work? I get same error, though tried all FIRS variations of script, include "heart of darkness". Not sure what it does mean tho as there no such economy parameter in FIRS :)

upd:
so script won't work properly with FIRS economy parameter "extreme"?
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Are you using last versions? I mean FIRS 2.0.3 and the script i posted.
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

FIRS version is 2.0.3, RCG current update is "revision 127". latest FIRS version came out just a few days ago and it seems RCG doesn't support yet new changes..
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

Err, thought everything is contained on first page, my bad. Thanks man! Everything works now :bow:
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Hi people,

Receiving some recent messages about RCG, I started thinking that since two years now, I try to find time to work on this again. Without success. My life is gone in other directions. Maybee I'll come on this again, some day. But for now, it's definetely not possible.

Montana will upload an updated version of the script, adapted to the new FIRS' version. And maybee fourther developments ? Anyway, thank to him.

Regards,

kero
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

New version of RCG that works with FIRS 2.1.3

I use RCG, and got tired of messages about the cargo list being wrong. So I fixed RCG-5 for the various FIRS economies. You can get it from http://tenkende-august.homelinuxserver. ... owth-5.tar

I have also implemented a more complex arctic economy in FIRS, available from http://tenkende-august.homelinuxserver.org/sw/firs.grf See the FIRS development thread for more information about that. The updated RCG-5 works with this economy too.

There is no new or changed functionality, other than that it works correctly with the cargo system in FIRS 2.1.3
bouchacha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bouchacha »

Monty_Montana wrote:It is a weird error indeed. Seems not te be code caused, but I may be wrong.

Anyway, try puttting Superlib 38 in a folder with the name "library" in the same folder as RCG.tar is. I have the script located in that way in my PC.
The folder "game" is in OpenTTD main folder.
Should look like that:

game (folder)
`-----Renewed_City_Growth-6.tar
`-----library (folder)
-------------`SuperLib_for_NoGo-38.tar

Maybe this configuration solves the problem. I do not know...

Reply me with any results, please :) .
I had the same issue but after including SuperLib_for_NoGo-38.tar in the library folder I instead get this. Pathfinder.Road-4-1.tar is already in the library folder so not sure what's going on.

This happens both with your version and Hafting's version above too. I tried this with the latest JGR pack and the stable vanilla release, and I tried it with FIRS 2.1.4 installed and uninstalled. No other modifications have been made.

ja`
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ja` »

Hi,
I have downloaded official script by game interface. After each game running script have crash. I don't use add-ons like FIRS or ECS.
Can someone help me?
Renewed City Growth.png
Renewed City Growth.png (18.58 KiB) Viewed 8543 times
pbrennan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pbrennan »

Not sure without digging into the code, but there's a way around it. The Goal Based City Growth script (which you can find in a thread in this forum) incorporates all the Renewed City Growth code, implementing it exactly as is, and then adding goals-related stuff. If you install that and run that script instead, and you turn off the goals stuff in the parameters, in effect you get the Renewed City Growth script.
ja`
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ja` »

Without ANY differents between there scripts? :D
pbrennan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pbrennan »

I did the coding for GBCG, and one of my aims was to keep the RCG aspect exactly the same (as I liked the way it worked). So yes, it should work exactly the same. In effect, GBCG makes RCG redundant.
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

I think ja` is asking if the reported crash was fixed in the port... or if it is a verbatim copy without modifications...
bombastico
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bombastico »

I'm having the "shrinking problem" too in every town.
I leave my savegame here.
Attachments
Flenfingway Transport, 8 Lug 2020.sav
(7.4 MiB) Downloaded 202 times

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”