Page 2 of 2
Posted: 28 May 2016 14:13
And another update for WormAI fixing a few crashes and bugs and improving several things.
Version 6, 2016-05-28
- Fix: Crash when loading a savegame saved when building a rail route or when replacing trains.
- Fix: Crash when we get loaded into a savegame without getting any saved data.
- Fix: We need to make sure we have at least some money to build a rail route.
- Fix: Make sure that the vehicle we share orders with is valid.
- Fix: 90 degree turns near a passing lane.
- Fix: border of map starts at 1,1 not 0,0. (We were not building airports in towns near the left and upper borders.)
- Change: more checks before building a passing lane, we should see less land is sloped wrong messages.
- Change: Improved airport upgrading.
- Change: Better handling of airplane NewGRF's that have high prices.
- Change: Rail pathfinding tweaks.
- Change: Don't cancel and remove routes just because we don't have money for vehicles. Just add them later when we do have the money.
- Change: Don't use airplanes that are hardly profitable.
- Change: Blacklist airports that we failed to upgrade for a while.
Posted: 02 Apr 2017 20:18
I find it interesting that one crossing made by your AI is using bridge and one is not. Is it by random or by the funds available? The road and rail pieces don't have built date, but stations do and it looks by the owner of roads/stations that the road was there first.
Other than that, or maybe thanks to that, your AI is in shared lead in the operating profit graph in my 14 AI test game. At year 1967 started from 1953.
Posted: 03 Apr 2017 17:31
I had to check the code since it's almost a year since I worked on this but it seems that it depends on the pathfinder costs whether it chooses to build a bridge or not.
Besides that since WormAI doesn't yet do road transport I guess it doesn't really matter too much what it chooses. Especially if it's competing against other AI's it might be a strategy to lower competitor's profits.
For normal users it might be annoying so maybe I should add a setting to disallow building tracks across roads.
Posted: 04 Apr 2017 19:35
Wormnest wrote:Especially if it's competing against other AI's it might be a strategy to lower competitor's profits.
Maybe I care too much about ethics, but I file that under unfair competition to on purpose use rail/road crossings to block road traffic. It is very hard for other AIs to do anything about it if they didn't build the road themselves. If it is my AI that built the road, I can (and do) replace it with a bridge when there is a bus/truck crash event, but if there is a fellow road AI that built the road and does not care about upgrading it to a bridge, then it is not so much I can do about it.
Posted: 16 Apr 2017 14:47
A new version of WormAI is available on bananas.
Only changes in aircraft handling this time. WormAI should now be better at handling the World Airliners Set and other NewGRF that have higher costs for large and longer range aircraft.
Version 7, 2017-04-16
- Fix: Not checking air route range at startup under certain conditions.
- Change: Adjust maximum distance for air routes when we have limited money.
- Change: Adjust aircraft selection when we have limited funds and high prices of longer range aircraft.
Posted: 22 Nov 2018 14:34
WormAI v7 on OpenTTD 1.8.0
Too long to load error when loading a savegame
Posted: 22 Nov 2018 16:20
xarick wrote:Too long to load error when loading a savegame
Thanks for the report.
Assuming this is the save that caused the error. Do you also have a savegame from a little earlier that does load or at least mapsize and rough estimate about number of vehicles.
Posted: 22 Nov 2018 19:41
Sorry, I don't have. I saved it for the night and to continue on the next day. It was a one time save
Posted: 06 Dec 2018 05:40
WormAI doing a bad clean up job and creating some roller coaster rail routes. Savegame attached. The settings are borrowed from server 7 of btpro, they're probably influencing some of the weird misbehaviours.
Posted: 19 Sep 2019 22:28
A new version of WormAI is available on bananas.
The rollercoaster lines were caused by a pathfinding bug in the rail pathfinder, now fixed. Not deleting tracks was most likely caused by running out of money. This should be less likely to happen now because of using RemoveRailTrack instead of DemolishTile where possible.
Version 8, 2019-09-09
- Fix: Determination of 90 degree turn in rail pathfinder was wrong causing rollercoaster tracks and difficulties finding a path.
- Fix: Remove rail tracks by using RemoveRailTrack as much as possible since that is cheaper than using DemolishTile which makes it less likely that we run out of money early in the game with a failed train route.
- Fix: Not building airports in spots where the noise level will equal the maximum allowed noise level.
- Fix: Take station spread setting into account when determining best airport type.
- Add: Manage over saturated air routes by either removing planes from route or upgrading airports.
- Add: Upgrade airports to International airports in certain cases.
- Add: Regular checks that industries we use on a rail route are still accepting/producing our cargo. If not we will sell the vehicles and close the route.
- Add: Extra pathfinding penalties to make it less likely the pathfinder continues a path far away from our destination.
- Change: Improve finding airport spots adding towns to blacklist more often and only checking towns within distance limits.
- Change: Adjust max aircraft route distance in early starting games depending on plane speed and reliability.
- Change: Rail: Increase length of train routes if we have enough money.
- Change: Lower minimum town for airport size in easy setting from 2500 to 1500.
- Change: Use Graph.AyStar version 6 instead of version 4.
- Change: Moved repository and issue tracker to Github.