FastPTPAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FastPTPAI

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Brumi wrote:I found a small bug: the rail line is inaccessible from the depot.
bad depot.png
The AI does very well by the way :)
And if that depot WERE on road level,trains whose orders involved the right angle turn could get stuck there.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Baldy's Boss wrote:This AI does fairly well against me,I buy out more successful incarnations...but it does tend to ignore the right angle turn prohibition,and traps its trains in depots in locations from which they can't proceed.

Just bought out the latest in the game I play most actively.It had 73 stations of which 35 were unconnected,and in cases had 3 or 4 by the same industry.Also some cases of linking track to platforms the long way around.
Found another problem or two...I am playing it in a game with NARS vehicles available,which it always builds in preference to the default set...but it tends to not attach the cabooses without which NARS freight trains can't stop.Also,it's building only electric tracks while building only steam engines?
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

AFAIK AIs are not required to attach a caboose to the end of their trains. (handling engine/wagon compatibility is quite the nightmare anyway...) Does this really cause a problem with the AI?
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Brumi wrote:AFAIK AIs are not required to attach a caboose to the end of their trains. (handling engine/wagon compatibility is quite the nightmare anyway...) Does this really cause a problem with the AI?
Some of the trains were losing money,I found one moving at I think 1 mph after my company bought the Ai and sent it to a depot to get a caboose.I think they operate normally until they break down.
Tve4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tve4 »

There's a slight bug: the AI builds railroads that have no vehicles.

For example, I'm using "Useless Tracks" newgrf, it has planning tracks and lifted tracks (roadbed only). The AI chooses to build planning tracks since they are cheapest. However, those track types have no vehicles, so AI just spends his money to build completely inoperable lines.

AI should check that the track set has suitable vehiles available before building.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Brumi wrote:AFAIK AIs are not required to attach a caboose to the end of their trains. (handling engine/wagon compatibility is quite the nightmare anyway...) Does this really cause a problem with the AI?
AIs are not required to have a caboose. When Baldy buys out the AI and AI trains becomes human-owned trains, on the other hand...

Just goes to show what a bad feature those cabooses are. ;)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

PikkaBird wrote:
AIs are not required to have a caboose. When Baldy buys out the AI and AI trains becomes human-owned trains, on the other hand...

Just goes to show what a bad feature those cabooses are. ;)
And just which vehicles require brake vans?

Interesting that it builds the cheapest "Useless tracks"...it builds more expensive electrified tracks for its 1920s steam engines!
Kernigh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kernigh »

Here are more examples of bad depot placement.
First bad depot
First bad depot
fast-depot-1.png (74.91 KiB) Viewed 4820 times
FastPTPAI 4, OpenTTD 1.4.2. My company is red. I bought 50 trains, including this one, from a bankrupt FastPTPAI. This train wants to reach Kedhead Cross Mines, but can't leave the depot, because the depot has no connection to the sloped track. The industry at Kedhead Cross Mines has closed, so I am about to sell this train and demolish this station.
Second bad depot
Second bad depot
fast-depot-2.png (39.74 KiB) Viewed 4820 times
This is from an old game, perhaps an older FastPTPAI version. FastPTPAI is pink. There are two problems here. First, the depot has no track connection. Second, the depot is facing the wrong track! This train wants to reach Sedingwell Mines. If the depot faced the other way, the train would not be stuck there!
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

screenshot#6.png
screenshot#6.png (204.28 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
train can't unload coal at that station
autosave15.sav
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Formerly known as Samu
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

2cc trainset has passenger-only monorail. This AI attempts to use it to move other cargo.
Attachments
Fast.sav
(72.08 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

Excessive CPU usage in valuator function
Attachments
screenshot#62.png
(481.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
OTVI, 1960-12-09.sav
(264.26 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Formerly known as Samu
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Is this project still active? The AI looks promising, but it has big trouble when it comes to building depots.
ai-fail-1.png
ai-fail-1.png (25.76 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
ai-fail-2.png
ai-fail-2.png (23.27 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Some routes are, well... suboptimal. However, this is a common problem for many different AIs.
ai-fail-3.png
ai-fail-3.png (48.53 KiB) Viewed 934 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

odisseus wrote: 23 Mar 2020 13:38 Is this project still active? The AI looks promising, but it has big trouble when it comes to building depots.ai-fail-1.pngai-fail-2.png
In my "Which AIs are now actively maintained?" topic this one was mentioned in 2015 as not updated in the past year and a half.
The programmer's most recent post was in 2018.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”