[GS] NoCarGoal

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Mtlbss
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] NoCarGoal

Post by Mtlbss »

I ever have test SiliconValey, but the randomly choose is a bit hard to use with my type of scenario, if you wana look i have set a nocargoal game on my server for today, that run over 200 years, my server is "Mt cool server FIRS UltraHard" if i count good i start at 9h30 and let it run at least the 200 years that make 50 hours of game so normaly 2 days and a bit more....^^

edit: I shut down PC because i forget to set the city grow to low, and the players have develope it too much, that's not the meaning of this game, so i gonna try a Siliconvaley for next game^^

edit: finaly after a few hours of silicon i decide to back to nocargoal....sorry for flood^^
jomasaco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jomasaco »

Zuu

really like your script.
If you're open to suggestions.
Can be configurable, the number of goals.
The game ends or continues with new goals.
In case you choose to create new goals would points instead of medals.
Once more thanks for your work.
matsydoodles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matsydoodles »

@Zuu

So I've been playing this GS a lot now with my house mate and I guess we've come to a point where there is a slight issue in the game play and that comes in form of stealing resources...

So what do I mean?
One of your goals is Steal? You've set-up your Iron Ore lines to produce Steal and then someone just takes the Steal being produced at the factory without having to do the leg work! Same thing can happen very easily with Goods!

Very annoying, and in my eyes a form of cheating, what is your view on this?

Not sure if there is already a mod or a setting that can be changed..
Mtlbss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mtlbss »

matsydoodles wrote:@Zuu

So I've been playing this GS a lot now ... ... setting that can be changed..

Hi, I think your probleme don't come from script, but from no admin gaming and it's the same probleme for game without script....(steel)
matsydoodles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by matsydoodles »

Mtlbss wrote:Hi, I think your probleme don't come from script, but from no admin gaming and it's the same probleme for game without script....(steel)
We could do a gentleman’s agreement to not do this obviously but that only really works when we play in a closed network game but online it can be trickier. My point also extends to the fact that if they do decide to allow piggy backing on your line and transport the iron ore as well, all they are doing is halving your input of your Ore.

So I guess, all fair is in love and war but I think it limits the game slightly in my opinion... so and idea I had was that production/resources are a separate instance for each player e.g. So it is the same map and the best you can do with only having to deal with their bad building habits. With that said we have gone through stages of frantically clicking away to buy land around industries to stop each other. Which thank fully we can here each other click so we can usually put a stop to that!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

matsydoodles wrote:
Mtlbss wrote:Hi, I think your probleme don't come from script, but from no admin gaming and it's the same probleme for game without script....(steel)
We could do a gentleman’s agreement to not do this obviously but that only really works when we play in a closed network game but online it can be trickier. My point also extends to the fact that if they do decide to allow piggy backing on your line and transport the iron ore as well, all they are doing is halving your input of your Ore.
That's why you need an admin. To mediate these situations. And to clear the company which doesn't want to follow the rules.

It's near-impossible to put all rules players could possibly want into rules strictly enforced by the game, if you still want to keep the game as flexible as this game is. Thus without an admin, multiplayer games indeed will be torn down to the lowest ethics players can agree to and adhere to.
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

[00:10] <Samu> NoCarGoal is nice

[00:10] <Samu> i have some suggestions

[00:12] <Samu> disable the Story Book popup every January

[00:12] <Samu> it is annoying when I run the game over 100 years

[00:12] <Samu> as i did

[00:13] <Samu> and I'd like to know the real transported amount in the goal list

[00:14] <chillcore> maybe post suggestions in 'that' thread where they will be seen?

[00:14] <Samu> not just a %

[00:14] <Samu> ok

Some other suggestions could be more cargos, not only 3, but I guess 3 is fine. A leaderboard being updated monthly in the Goal list, rather than in the news.

Here's a savegame of me completing the 3 goals in the course of 107 years.
Whitleigh Transport, 2051-01-04.sav
(578.72 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Formerly known as Samu

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”