Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

The fibonacci heap have a bug. If you insert an element with a priority >= 268435455, and you then pop elements until this element is the only one left and tries to pop it, you will trigger a crash.

This is the cause of the bug in CluelessPlus that have puzzled me for probably more than a year. (It doesn't explain why CluelessPlus have insert a such high value, but it is the cause of the crash)

The attached patch fixes this problem with the fibonacci heap version 2. It is possible that some of you might be able to optimize this fix and make it faster. An alternative is to use the fibonacci heap implementation that Morloth has written for NoCAB, which doesn't have this problem. He claims that his implementation also is faster, but I don't know if it is true or not.

Attachments:
fibonacci_heap2-fix.patch [582 Bytes]
Downloaded 209 times

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:02 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

As nobody has complained or said anything against my proposed changes for more than a month now, I have published a new version with my changes and committed them to the VCS.

Most important, if you used Fibonacci Heap 2, when you upload a new version of your AI, remember to change your AI to include version 3 and pick version 3 in the list. Otherwise you will lose the dependency to this library in your bananas entry.