I'm releasing TeshiNet, an AI that primarily uses road vehicles, and some aircraft.
It will transport most types of cargo, including passengers, and should be broadly compatible with most NewGRF's as long as non-articulated RV's are available that can be refit for the available cargoes.
TeshiNet is written to "play nicely" -- it will not try for more than one passenger subsidy per instance at any given time, and it doesn't tend to spam RV's on any particular route, so traffic jams are not much of an issue.
Current version: v4.0.3, released 2015-04-20
- Because of the impending closure of Google Code, project is now hosted on GitHub. Links to Google Code revision numbers may stop working when that site closes.
- Bugfix: crash at load due to requiring old version of SuperLib. Now depends on v38.
- BaNaNaS update: Added PriorityQueue to the dependencies to prevent crashes.
- Bugfix: Although 4.0.1 resolved the reported crash, it regressed a prior bug where the first try at a route (as a new company) would never be built properly, and in some cases many stations would not be built correctly. Re-fixed.
- Bugfix: crash at main.nut line 607 due to invalid parameters. Thanks to MAG101 for the bug report.
Version 4 breaks compatibility with older savegames. v4 and up cannot load savegames from v3 and previous.
- Implemented an event handler to detect crashed vehicles, unprofitable vehicles, and industry closures
- Now searches periodically for available upgrades to road vehicles, and replaces the outdated vehicles
- Now detects the location of an RV-hit-by-a-train crash, and replaces the level crossing with a bridge if possible
- Also detects vehicles with invalid orders, along with vehicles missing orders entirely, and sells them. Thanks to Lowkee33 for the suggestion.
- Now sets order flags for freight routes to avoid pickup at the destination station.
- Restrict new passenger routes to towns above 500 population.
- Removed unprofitable route check, since checking for individually unprofitable vehicles makes it redundant
- Fixed a minor issue where the first route as a new company would never be built properly.
- Modified the "enable buses" AI setting so changing it will actually take effect before reloading the game.
- Removed profitability restriction on adding vehicles to routes, per suggestion from Lowkee33. Also now adds new trucks before buses (in case it runs out of money) as freight cargoes are generally worth more per unit than PAX.
- Add support for trains
- Better handling of unprofitable plane routes
- Convert to API version 1.1
- Handle freight delivered to towns, such as goods or food
- Make a setting as to whether to "play nicely", would mostly affect how many subsidies it tries for