Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
* Train crossing bug report fixed
* Upgraded to superlib v8
As usual, you can find it attached to this post or on the bananas server.
Oh, and thanks for the bug report Glaukon777, and the help Zuu
- (97.5 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
So, summary of the changes:
* NEW: Faster pathfinder (pathfinding now takes only a few days)
* NEW: Multiple stations per city
* NEW: Speedups in town management
* NEW: Station names
* If first AI to start building on map, AI moves to next biggest city after building HQ (does anyone know why?)
* Roads are all over the place! I have a plan to fix this though...
* Some stations get neglected
Tell me if you have any additional bugs you have found, especially if its an AI crash
The new AI is available here and on bananas
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
SynTrans v11 is ready, and it has some very big changes.
Below are some graphs of the results, if you want to take a look. SynTrans v11 is pink, SynTrans v10 is red, SynTrans v5 is green, and the original RoadAI v3 is blue.
So, the changes:
* Cleaner roads (see included screenshots below)
* Much, much, much better aircraft system. the AI now starts for a couple of years with it and then moves on to road vehicles
* Better roadbuilder (needs testing)
* 3 seprate road vehicle networks instead of one
* various speedups
* various bug fixes
The AI is only available on bananas this release.
Next release, I plan to implement trams and/or cargo networks (most likely trams). There may be bug fix releases before that happens.
As always, please report bugs here, especially for that pathbuilder
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
* Fixes a crutial startup bug causing it to never start the initial aircraft network. This bug did not appear on my development computer for some reason.
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Thanks for the report! coudld you provide the save file? I just want to make sure I have the bug fully and completely worked out.It seems reporting bugs is encouraged and as far as I can tell this seems the place to put it.
Here is an issue I'm having with SynTrans 12. It happens only when I load my game and at no other time.
EDIT HISTORY: this was originally a post of SynTrans 13, but I realized I needed to update AI libraries, so changed post
* Now uses SuperLib v27 (thanks Zuu for fixing bug)
* Fixed Bug reported by Supernaut (thanks for reporting )
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Cycle occurs at Wendstone, starting from February 1951 - the second year of game. It continues to at least May 1951.
The problem is reproducible (restart with pause the game at beginning, start the same AIs, do nothing as human player).
From the same game: AI should check airport capacity before adding more planes (Munnpool, January 1953: 6 aircrafts waiting for loading at the smallest airport).
- (142.67 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Well it has been a year, and for some reason I have not been receiving notifications when posts are occouring on this thread, so sorry Kogut.
Either way, I am upgrading SynTrans. I am adding moneymaker routes (3 are created at the beginning of the game.) The moneymaker code is based off my recently released FastPTPAI. These moneymaker routes have trains.
This release features a large number of improvements which focus mainly on making SynTrans more realistic and efficient.
CHANGE: Made road building more clean without sacrificing speed too much
NEW: Route length setting to change (as the name implies) the vehicle route length
CHANGE: Improved vehicle selection process
NEW: Aircraft airport upgrade (still needs work, see below)
There are also some bug fixes.
As always, I will do my best to fix any bugs that are reported (yes Kogut, I am still on yours).
EDIT: Added AI .tar
- (132 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Yeah, sorry about that. I was planning to add something about it but then I had an idea on how to solve the remaining issues. Sorry about that.Kogut wrote:Wooho, a new version!
(still needs work, see below)
There is nothing about it below.
- Upon loading the save file, some AIs crash.
- Some abandoned train depots, some with a train, doing nothing, just losing money.
- Some railway bridges that aren't connected to anything.
There may be some other issues, I didn't pay that much attention, just look around in the savegame.
- (334.63 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
- Synaptic Transport Inc., 2002-08-06.png (186.1 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
- (10.79 KiB) Downloaded 43 times