DictatorAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: DictatorAI

Post by xarick »

I don't know what the error was. Can't scroll further up.
Attachments
R04-G09 - RailwAI vs DictatorAI - 7,763 days.sav
(213.41 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Unnamed, 1971-06-05.png
(484.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Unnamed, 1971-06-05#1.png
(527.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Formerly known as Samu
Tim_F
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tim_F »

Hi,

I have an error after saving my game and opening the next day is this something that can be fixed? This seems like an old forum page so not sure if this is still being worked on or not.

Update,

I see others have reported this years ago I will leave on here incase it is ever resolved but appreciate times have moved on now.
Attachments
Dictator AI.PNG
Dictator AI.PNG (20.42 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
BurinisTT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BurinisTT »

Today, while playing OpenTTd JGR 0.47.1, I got this error:
Can you tell me what's the matter?
Krohon
Engineer
Engineer

Bug report

Post by Krohon »

Hi!, just catch a bug.

krinn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by krinn »

That error is because the AI use a function to read all tiles of the map when loading and find what we own
however it's an error from OpenTTD, that now disallow this

I have stop working on AI due to life, DictatorAI should no more be use with newest OpenTTD version.
Sorry
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

krinn wrote: 21 Nov 2022 11:34 That error is because the AI use a function to read all tiles of the map when loading and find what we own
however it's an error from OpenTTD, that now disallow this

I have stop working on AI due to life, DictatorAI should no more be use with newest OpenTTD version.
Sorry
You can set a max version for your NewGRF/AI if you really have no plans for updates for now
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
krinn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by krinn »

version is set, however OpenTTD use a compatibility layer to help move out old API AI to new API revision, maybe now there's a new max API version that could be set, no idea

but anyway, the problematic function itself doesn't use a new API function (i didn't look at newer API) and should be also present in new API, but the implementation was changed, from free cpu time, to a limited amount of cpu time
before this, on huge map, function was working (hence my message about frozen on huge map warning), and openttd was taking time needed to execute it, the new implementation throw the error when it takes too much time.

It could be fixed, maybe by reading partial area of the map, or just disable it (without it, the AI will be blinded to road/rails it own when loading a game)
But that would need changes, and a time i don't have.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I was not saying you should or should not fix it ... it may be simple or it may be not ...
I was just saying that the max version helps you avoid questions regarding of it being broken ... newer versions will simply not show it nor allow it for dowload

Older versions of OpenttD will still see it but it should work in them eh?

all the best in whatever life brings you ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
maninred
Engineer
Engineer

Post by maninred »

Hi!
Catch a bug after loading saved game:
b1.PNG
b1.PNG (17.99 KiB) Viewed 988 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon