Chopper - Helicopter AI
Posted: 08 Sep 2009 19:42
Chopper is an AI for OTTD which uses only helicopters. Chopper can transport all types of cargo, so use GRFs such as AV8 to allow him to do so. Chopper has many options enabling you to configure how he plays. You can alter how fast he builds, whether he will attempt subsidies, and even whether he is allowed to build at a town you've built at. Chopper can play well competitively with helicopters alone, so don't underestimate your rival!
(1) Parameter all AIs have;
(2) Minimum town size;
(3) You can alter how Chopper is feeling, which in turn affects his speed;
(4) Whether Chopper should choose station locations randomly or cleverly;
(5) Chopper likes subsidies, but with this you can stop him stealing them all;
(6) Change the min distance between town stations;
(7) Change the max distance between town stations;
(8) Change the min distance between industry stations;
(9) Change the max distance between industry stations;
(10) Limit how many loading stations Chopper can have per industry;
(11) When this is enabled, the max distance between stations will be increased depending on the plane speed factor;
(12) Stop Chopper from being competitive with you;
(13) Stop Chopper clogging up towns with airports;
(14) Stop Chopper from building intercity routes;
(15) Show debug signs...unless you are me you will almost certainly want this off;
(15) Show more stuff in the log.
-Works with grfs, use AV8 to allow Chopper to do more cargos;
-Transports mail and passengers;
-Attempts subsidies (r17425 and above);
-Visits oilrigs to transport those poor passengers who no one bothers to help;
-Transports cargo if you use an appropriate grf;
-Loves plane speed factor 1/1.
To play with Chopper
Download from BaNaNaS, or from the bottom of this topic.
If you enable Chopper before the things he requires are available, he will repay his loan and sit and wait until he can start (usually 1976). During this time he will just display "Zzzz...". Chopper requires the helidepot and heliport to be available, and for there to be at least one helicopter available.
Thankyou to all the Devs who made the NoAI framework and WrightAI, and please have fun testing and playing with Chopper!