Let me join this wave of new AIs. I'm trying to remake the old AI in the NoAI framework, of course with some changes. It uses road vehicles, trains and aircraft. As it is intended to be similar to the old AI, it is a weak competitor, so don't expect too much from it. I did not remake the road/rail building style of the old AI, I'm using the library pathfinder. I have to compensate that the AI cannot cheat anymore with terraforming.
SimpleAI.png [ 98.61 KiB | Viewed 25212 times ]
- Uses road vehicles, trains and aircraft
- Supports all non-NewGRF cargo, and most NewGRF cargo as well
- Goes for subsidies
- If there are no subsidies, it chooses the cargo and the industries/towns randomly.
- It uses the library pathfinder.
- It corrects the route if it's interrupted while building.
- It electrifies existing rail lines when the first electric engine is introduced.
- It sells unprofitable vehicles and removes the route if all vehicles are sold.
- Save/load compatibile
- The handling of old vehicles is similar to the old AI, instead of using autorenew.
- It upgrades existing bridges to newer ones if they're available.
- Fixed possible division-by-zero error in cBuilder::GetLastMonthTransportedPercentage().
- Capped the maximum amount of routes at 1000 to prevent "Took too long to save" errors.
- The AI now correctly calculates the minimum amount of money needed to invest in aircraft
- Alternate naming system for the company by 3iff
- The inflation rate is now correctly handled as a float, possibly avoiding some bugs
- Fixed an overflow bug which could cause division by zero
- Fixed a bug related to saving games right after loading
- Updated to NoAI API version 1.2
- Support for NewGRF trainsets
- Support for range-limited aircraft
- Avoid railtypes that do not support all cargoes
- Fixed a crash when the game was saved between the construction of two stations
- A more advanced road vehicle selection algorithm (from DictatorAI)
- Fixed a rare road building bug
- The AI now uses Road Pathfinder v4 and AyStar v6
- Added comments to the code
- Written this readme
- Refitting train wagons
- Fix a bug when some old vehicles didn't get replaced at all
- Support for NewGRF train stations
- An option to use path signals at single rail stations
- Avoid going bankrupt because of station maintenance costs
- Plane support
- Upgrading existing bridges
- An option to use PBS signals instead
- Updated to NoAI API version 1.0
- Changeable settings in-game
- An option to use two-way signals (like in TTO)
- First Bananas release
- A little change in pathfinder penalties
- Checking vehicles which are sitting in the depot
- Improvements in save/load
- Adding wagons to existing trains
- An option to make the AI slower as the time progresses
- Basic save/load support
- Adding road vehicles to an existing route, up to a limit chosen by the user
- Replacing older models with newer ones
- Added setting to specify the number of days to wait between building two routes
- Flipping passing lane sections
- A bit more consistency with the HQ builiding behaviour of the old AI, added a setting to build the HQ in a town
- Double railway lines (in the style of the old AI)
- One more wagon is added to a train if the engine has only one unit
- Combined passenger/mail trains, no more pure mail trains
- Minor bugfixes
- Correcting the rail line if the AI gets interrupted while building
- Basic money handling, paying loan back
- Support for other railtypes, electrifying existing lines
- Detection of "Disable trains/roadvehicles for computer" under Advanced Settings
- Train support (single point-to-point routes so far)
- Added settings to use trains or road vehicles only
- Added setting to configure the chance of going for a subsidy
- Added setting to configure competition level based on the last month transported percentage
- Basic event handling
- Selling unprofitable vehicles and deleting empty routes
- Refitting road vehicles
- Basic version, road vehicles only
- Pathfinder.Road v4
- Pathfinder.Rail v1
- Graph.Aystar v4 (a dependency of the rail pathfinder)
- Graph.Aystar v6 (a dependency of the road pathfinder)
- Queue.BinaryHeap v1 (a dependency of Graph.Aystar)
These sould be installed in content_download\ai\library if you download the AI from here.
I'd like to say thanks to the writer(s) of the library pathfinder, I couldn't have done without it!
Also thanks to 3iff for his contribution which enables the AI to use custom company names instead of the default names.
The AI contains code from PAXLink, NoCAB and DictatorAI, so thanks for Zuu, Morloth and krinn for writing that.
I'd also like to say thanks to all those who tested this AI.
Version 13 is downloadable here.