AIs

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

AIs

Post by Lord Aro »

i am hearing about lots of lovely AIs but they are not on the "online content" list

why not?
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AIs

Post by Yexo »

Which AIs are you hearing about that are not on bananas? As far as I'm aware all non-testing versions are uploaded there. Do you have the latest version of OpenTTD?
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

medievalai
ROND (cant remeber its real name)

to name a few

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Zutty
Director
Director

Post by Zutty »

SirBob hasn't updated MedievalAI in a while. I imagine he's been busy.

"Rondje om de Kerk" (is that right?) was the winner of the TJIP contest designed to maximise company value after 10 years. I really dont think you want to play against it! :twisted: Plus I think changes in OpenTTD 0.7.2 will break it, so it may not be updated anyway.
PathZilla - A networking AI - Now with tram support.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Lord Aro wrote:medievalai
It hasn't been updated for several months, and I don't think the latest available versions works on current OpenTTD versions.
ROND (cant remeber its real name)j
Rondje om de kerk (and ChooChoo) is available in nightly builds only. Download here
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

thanks

found a few more:
FelicitusAI
SekoAI
Denver & Rio Grande

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Lord Aro wrote:thanks

found a few more:
FelicitusAI
SekoAI
Denver & Rio Grande
These are work-in-progress, and uploading them to bananas would mean a lot of users would think them finished, and start saying "it doesn't work", while they're not finished. By just uploading them on these forums, users that want to play with these Ais ahve to do some more work, and are more likely to notice it's a work-in-progress.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

ok thanks :)) i just wondered

could you give me a list of all the ones that are one bananas just to make sure i'm not missing any? :roll: thanks

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Have you tried looking at the bananas website? For example http://bananas.openttd.org/en/ai/
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

cool thanks

im guessing why i dont see half of them is that i have the wrong version

Dustin
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dustin »

Lord Aro wrote:thanks

found a few more:
FelicitusAI
SekoAI
Denver & Rio Grande
Denver & Rio Grande is still not realease ready. It's close. If I get enough time this weekend I might get it onto bananas.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

cool thanks

it would be good if you could put what version all the AIs require for noobs like me

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”