Trans AI .:19.07.23 :.

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Brumi
President
President

Re: Trans AI :: 09-08-24 ::

Post by Brumi »

I just experimented with this, and then tested it for 2 minutes, and it worked. :mrgreen: I don't know if it can have an impact on other areas of the AI, you know your code better.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Oops, a cockup has occured.
Attachments
Error1.PNG
Error1.PNG (189.78 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Monaro Doorslammer wrote:Oops, a cockup has occured.
A bit more info on that error:

The subsidy system has been changed in a few commits +-r17110. Subsidies are no longer station->station, but are town->town, industry->industry or industry->town now. A new set of AI api functions has been introduced to deal with this. The old functions have been changed to work like the old functions as much as possible, but it isn't possible to return a StationID for an awarded subsidy anymore, since multiple stations can be valid.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Oops, now in iMAX mode error reporting. :oops:
Attachments
Error1.PNG
Error1.PNG (32.28 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Judging by the debug output that seams to be the same error as you have already reported, and you are still using the same version of the AI.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Zuu wrote:Judging by the debug output that seams to be the same error as you have already reported, and you are still using the same version of the AI.
Yes, but this time the complete stack trace is readable.
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Yexo wrote:
Monaro Doorslammer wrote:Oops, a cockup has occured.
A bit more info on that error:

The subsidy system has been changed in a few commits +-r17110. Subsidies are no longer station->station, but are town->town, industry->industry or industry->town now. A new set of AI api functions has been introduced to deal with this. The old functions have been changed to work like the old functions as much as possible, but it isn't possible to return a StationID for an awarded subsidy anymore, since multiple stations can be valid.
Its look like that AI crash on calling function. Thats mean the returned "INVALID_STATION" is not known?
What if the returned value of GetSource() and and GetDestination just an InvalidID of Town/Industry or common invalid value (eg. -1) instead of "INVALID_STATION"?
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English was bad :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

fanioz wrote:Its look like that AI crash on calling function. Thats mean the returned "INVALID_STATION" is not known?
Ah, sorry. It's my fault, and a bug in OpenTTD (in compat_0.7.nut to be exact). Will fix this later tonight.

Edit: fixed in r17289.
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Yexo wrote:
fanioz wrote:Its look like that AI crash on calling function. Thats mean the returned "INVALID_STATION" is not known?
Ah, sorry. It's my fault, and a bug in OpenTTD (in compat_0.7.nut to be exact). Will fix this later tonight.

Edit: fixed in r17289.

Well, thanks :D
I don't need to change anything from my side.
(Just remember the number 17289) :D

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

Well it's not exactly fixed:
Attachments
TransAI #1.png
TransAI #1.png (54.18 KiB) Viewed 463 times
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

Don't know how I managed to make it instantly crash on startup? Maybe because I'm using multiple versions with the same grfs/AI's? I have used the most current nightly to download updates and then used an old build (9th of july, don't know revision) to play with it.
Attachments
Ridderdoorn Transport, 1950-01-25.png
(308.29 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

bokkie: That screenshot is almost certainly of no use to the AI author. Please enlarge the window in both height and width so that the full error message is shown next time :)
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

I'm 99% sure it's because the version of OpenTTD is you use is too old for that version of Trans AI.
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fanioz »

Wold wrote:Well it's not exactly fixed:
I'm sory. I couldn,t see any wrong there. Perhaps you could describe it a bit.

bokkie:
Yexo is right. And, yes there are 1 percent of my bad code design.

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

One thing I have noticed about this AI is that it loves long bridges. I think that's the problem on he above screenshot. I also came across many situations where instead of simply building some straight track, the AI built a bridge.

Also, it seems reluctant to reusing its tracks, and sometimes builds three times the same path for three different industries.
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

With the previous screenshot I meant that the bridge problem is not fixed.

With the following screenshot I want to show that your AI makes a route ( blocking the supply ). I think it will be a good idea when you transport secondary stuff to add a simple route ( either train or truck ) in order to feed the industry ensuring constant supply.
Attachments
trans1.png
trans1.png (99.98 KiB) Viewed 454 times
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

I ran into this while I was playing:
Trans AI bug.png
Trans AI bug.png (96.82 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
The pair of that road station simply didn't exist.
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

Brumi wrote:I ran into this while I was playing:
Trans AI bug.png
The pair of that road station simply didn't exist.
That's because it couldn't find a path. That's normal when it fails to build a route.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Wold wrote:That's because it couldn't find a path. That's normal when it fails to build a route.
I'm not sure about that. The coal mine was quite nearby and there was no obstruction. Even if the pathfinder fails, it should delete the station.
fanioz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Trans AI :: 09-08-29 ::

Post by fanioz »

Updated, as usual. 2nd post and Bananas... :mrgreen:
bokkie wrote:Don't know how I managed to make it instantly crash on startup? Maybe because I'm using multiple versions with the same grfs/AI's? I have used the most current nightly to download updates and then used an old build (9th of july, don't know revision) to play with it.
Yexo wrote:I'm 99% sure it's because the version of OpenTTD is you use is too old for that version of Trans AI.
Then, this version should fix the 1% left. :D Just make sure you would need at least 0.7.2 (I don't remember if I've ever added newer API function)
Wold wrote:With the previous screenshot I meant that the bridge problem is not fixed.
cmoiromain wrote:One thing I have noticed about this AI is that it loves long bridges. I think that's the problem on he above screenshot. I also came across many situations where instead of simply building some straight track, the AI built a bridge.
I've tell him in this version to try build normal track instead, but still let him build bridge if necessary. :D
Long bridge is a feature, but Bridge-Happy is a bug. Agree ?
cmoiromain wrote: Also, it seems reluctant to reusing its tracks, and sometimes builds three times the same path for three different industries.
re-using track : I've done some experiment in my other thread, and I've a not-published-yet version of Trans that re-use rail track. There is still a problem to avoid crossing on existing track. Of course I'll release it when ready. :D

Wold wrote: With the following screenshot I want to show that your AI makes a route ( blocking the supply ). I think it will be a good idea when you transport secondary stuff to add a simple route ( either train or truck ) in order to feed the industry ensuring constant supply.
I left this one, couldn't implement it right now, probably in the trunk version. However the idea is good. Thanks :D

edit:
Forget to answer this:
Brumi wrote:
Wold wrote:That's because it couldn't find a path. That's normal when it fails to build a route.
I'm not sure about that. The coal mine was quite nearby and there was no obstruction. Even if the pathfinder fails, it should delete the station.
TestMode said, AI can build route, ExecMode not. The pathfinder failed, it wouldn't delete the road station, because it was a drop off. It will re-used later. But in the next days, AI decide to build rail and success. The road station would only be used again, if AI couldn't build rail service.

**[OpenTTD AI]** Image
***[NewGRF] *** Image

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”