Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
- CluelessAI Debug Info.jpg
- (172.54 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
To resolve your problems quickly, save the game and then reload and CluelessPlus should be up and running again. (I'm quite sure it does not save anything to the savegames but instead just reads everything from the map)
For the actually crash error, I will probably look into it the next time I work with CluelessPlus but I don't see this as a serious issue if it was caused by cheating.
Maybe you can just make a copy of your entire autosave directory before playing more to rescue the autosave just before it happened? Unless you have a regular save from just before it. I'm not sure if I need or if it can be reproduced.
Edit: I just want to say that I have found out what the problem is and a fixed version is on the way. (not really a fix on the root problem, but handle the causes of broken links better)
Your problem most likely was caused by loading a game with a connection (at least one bus between two stations) which had no depots.
Thanks slap head 2 for reporting the bugs fixed in this release.
- Fixed the bug reported by slap head 2 above. It is not a fix of the cause, but better safe guarding against crashes because incomplete connections not being reported as incomplete.
- Fixed the bug slap ahead 2 reported when he was cheating. It could happen if the AI failed to construct a route, regardless if the player was cheating or not. Just really bad luck with a new industry for example could cause it to fail too.
This update has also been uploaded to BaNaNaS.
* Detect if a line makes less money that usual and then see if the road connection can be repaired. (someone might have destroyed a road in it) This check happens as earliest one year after the connection is constructed.
* Fixed code that retries if constructing a road connection failed because someone built something in the way or changed the terrain. Now it actually works. (earlier it retried with the wrong tiles)
* Added a setting "Think and build slower" which is disabled by default unless you play on easy difficulty. This setting makes the AI slow down significantly. When constructing road it does it tile by tile, even for long straight sections with a significant delay between each tile. When it builds its HQ it becomes so happy so it forgets about what it is doing for a while. :-p Searching for towns to connect takes longer as well as the path-finding when it tries to connect two tiles with road.
So some more robustness as well as a new slow-mode.
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Wow.. nice featureZuu wrote:* Added a setting "Think and build slower" which is disabled by default unless you play on easy difficulty. This setting makes the AI slow down significantly. When constructing road it does it tile by tile, even for long straight sections with a significant delay between each tile. When it builds its HQ it becomes so happy so it forgets about what it is doing for a while. :-p Searching for towns to connect takes longer as well as the path-finding when it tries to connect two tiles with road.
If BaNaNaS is kind today I might also be able to upload this release. [Edit: Bananas was kind today, so now v13 + v14 has been uploaded there]
As usual, if you download the AI manually you need to make sure you got the pathfinder.road AI library (version 3).
- (100 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Your "Think and build slower" feature work like a charm. And remind me for the first time playing TTD, building road tile by tile
I've tried to put a piece of rail track just in front of CLUP road-slow-building. But he knows how to get out from there. Great.
In other chance, I've got this crash. (I'm not sure whether CLUP handling Airports too).
- Clup-14.png (12.77 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
Update - Version 15
Here is a fix that simply remove the statistics part for airports. It contained usage of a a few (>=3) functions that are located at a different place in PAXLink compared to CluelessPlus. So until it is needed, I've just disabled statistics collection for airports in CluelessPlus.
- (96.5 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
No, although I didn't remember exactly.Zuu wrote:If I understand it correctly you produced this error by changing company to CluelessPlus and then built an airport for it linked with an existing bus stop?
Since a few months ago, I only play OpenTTD to test-run my under development AI, Trans. Which make me playing as Trans instead of playing as my self. Therefore it was almost impossible (for me) when I switching company to CLUP instead of Trans. And then, building airport and connecting to CLUP bus stop, which is located "inside" of town (or have to press ctrl for distant join). Believe me, I have no intention to make your AI crash, although there is no way to prove it due to the saved game was overridden.
I could agree with you if there is no other reason how the crash could be triggered.
However you've fixed it now, and that should not be problem anymore.
Even if you didn't have an intention to crash the AI, I'm glad you posted about the bug so that I could fix it. Thank you.
Yes, playing as the AI or letting the AI to play is mostly how I play OpenTTD nowdays. I sometimes do stuff only myself or on #openttdcoop or on some other servers, but mostly it is AI-related. After having made algorithms to weight many factors when you choose cities/industries/engines etc. you kind of miss them when you try to play as a human player.
This changed the behavior of AIRoad.BuildRoad so it would return true even if the full road was not built. CluelessPlus tries to build the road from the new bus stop/depot to the road tile. This could with the changes in r18803 return true even if the road was a slope or a bus stop. And since it "succeeded" to connect the adjacent tile with road it continued with the construction and built a bus stop / depot at the adjacent tile.-Feature [FS#3318]: make building (long) roads work like building rail; build upon the first obstruction instead of failing totally. Patch by Terkhen.
r18986 have changed back the AIRoad.BuildRoad behavior to the old way to maintain backward compatibility. So if you upgrade to the nightly that will come in about 22 hours or so, CluelessPlus should work again. Since the beta3 came in between this issue was introduced and resolved today it is also affected and users of it will need to upgrade to the nightlies instead. (If they are win32 users they could checkout my updating tool to keep the nightly up to date )
For this particular bug I could make an updated CluelessPlus that work around it by using test mode and trying to connect the tiles from both directions. However it is likely that also the road builder for connecting towns is broken in case there is an obstacle in the way. This will also need to be worked around as well.
I will not update CluelessPlus unless someone gives a good reason for it.
- CluelessPlus (nearly) alone
- Neu Hahnmünster Transport, 25-03-1981.png (275.13 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
- Clueless jam around the church
- Neu Hahnmünster Transport, 01-01-1979.png (284.16 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests