NoCAB - Trains, Trucks, Busses, Aircraft and Ships! v2.1.3

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCAB - Trains, Trucks, Busses, Aircraft and Ships! v2.1

Post by Morloth »

borg83 wrote:Since OpenTTD 1.3 (beta) NoCAB names itself NiceCAB. Probably because of the unified difficulty settings.

Is AIInfo::AddSetting() still working as intended? Is there still a way to set the game difficulty to easy/medium/hard/custom?
I thinks everything is as it should. I downloaded the 1.3 beta and the default settings put the AIs on the 'easy' mode. So if you go to the advanced options you can change the default difficulty of the AI (which is easy if you just downloaded it). So if you want NoCAB to perform better, ramp it up to "high" and you should be good to go.

I don't know what happens if you change the default settings of the AI, I assume those settings take precedence of the 'default difficulty settings', but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your feedback!
Bram
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I still run into this error sadly:
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 23 Dec 1837#1.png
(422 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
This time I expanded the scrip window btw ;).
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Hyronymus wrote:I still run into this error sadly:
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 23 Dec 1837#1.png
This time I expanded the scrip window btw ;).
Thanks :). Unfortunately the bleeding edge edition is no longer in development (nor is NoCAB officially). So I suggest that you use NoCAB instead of the bleeding edge edition.

Cheers!
Samu
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Samu »

Hi. NoCAB v499 has got 40 ships blocked by its own docks. See screenshot.
Attachments
screenshot#1.png
(168.01 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
gelignite
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gelignite »

Hi,

in case it is important: I'm currently on ottd 1.1.3.

I noticed that NoCAB (v.2.1.3+) groups vehicles per route, but does NOT share orders within these groups. Once upon a time ... NoCAB got really profitable and I decided to buy it (bought 100 % shares). It was tedious to change all orders (per group) manually. Could you manage it, that it will use shared orders?

Beside: I updated to v2.1.4. But although it's v.2.1.4 it names itself NoCAB - v2.1.3 ingame (main.nut lines 138, 139)

Best regards
gelignite
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Hi gelignite,

I will look into this. I remember that NoCAB used to do what you suggested but I ran into some bug which messed up all the orders for all vehicles in the same group so I decided to take it out again (I think it was actually discussed in this topic -- somewhere). I could add it as an option and turn it off by default so you can check if it works and if it actually produces the same kind of issues it did before.

I'll get back at you once this has been implemented. Thanks for your feedback!
Bram
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Crash on saving:
Attachments
savefail.sav
(670.24 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
log.png
(117.02 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Wormnest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wormnest »

NOCAB crashes on saving here too. Besides that it also forgets to increase it's station length.
Attachments
Unnamed, 26th Jan 2008.png
NOCAB trains waiting in front of station.
(460.32 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Wormnest wrote:NOCAB crashes on saving here too. Besides that it also forgets to increase it's station length.
Can you post the savegame? I would like to check why and how AIAI failed on this map.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Wormnest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wormnest »

Sorry, the savegame is too big for the forum.
Yajna
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yajna »

Running NoCAB on my latest map. Thank you for your time and effort.

The AI did not crash, but I noticed that it had 490 RV in 1978. In 1982 it dropped to 117 RV. The AI took a serious plunge. (See attached pics. NoCAB is blue (at the top of the operating profit and delivered cargo graphs and then the plunge)).

Vehicles not replaced? Routes abandoned? IDK because I was watching a lot of activity, but something happened that seriously compromised its game. Attached a couple pics to illustrate. Not sure if it's a (un)surprising intentional behavior or a glitch.
nocab1978.png
nocab1978.png (601.77 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
nocab1982.png
nocab1982.png (597.93 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
So after I saved I kept the game running and checked the debug. It says saved version is incompatible with this version of NoCAB. Save version 7 supported, your version is -1. (I haven't changed any settings since the map loaded.) And then I see lots of activity about replacing aircraft--which is really puzzling because I always disable aircraft for AI and I don't use it myself.
nocabplaneoff.png
nocabplaneoff.png (583.68 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
In case none of this makes sense, I've put the game save and openttd.cfg off to the side in the event you want them. Again, thanks for your time.
mexp2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mexp2 »

Evening. On my latest OpenTTD game, for which I've used a large map, NoCAB seems to always crash upon enabling the advisors. As you can see from this screenshot, multiple AIs seem to not be working, the other is BorkAI. The weirdest part is that NoCAB has always worked for me before, when my map was smaller. The large map's file is too large to upload, so here's the screen:

And the smaller map's save:
Peningville Transport, 10th Dec 2034.sav
Last save of the smaller map, NoCAB working.
(949.77 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
svipper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by svipper »

Strange AI. At start most of them are dormant, yet one is building long bus routes. Then another one builds two airports side by side. And after 20 years finally some nocab player wakes up and makes some very successful train routes.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

How big is the map you're playing on?
HGus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HGus »

Well, maybe this IA is no longer developed, but just in case...

NoCAB does very well, but I found this strange bug. (The "save" bug still happens on some large maps with LOTS of services running.)

As you can see, the IA triggered an "assertion failed" error when trying to build a Sand line (FIRS) by boat (Clipper, sailships).

You can see in the map the line of buoys between the pink sandbank and the red brick factory...
Attachments
HGus Transport, 1833-10-29.png
HGus Transport, 1833-10-29.png (55.52 KiB) Viewed 844 times
inz.germanista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inz.germanista »

Hi, I've got this error with NoCAB, here is sshot and save just after it has occured.
MfzTrans GmbH, 2 Sty 1961 AIDebug.sav
(5.45 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
MfzTrans GmbH, 2 Sty 1961.png
(143.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
There's so much newer games, none gives so much fun as openTTD, and before TTD, TToM and finally TT, since 1995 best games I ever played.
KurokazePT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KurokazePT »

Good day,
I recently downloaded OpenTTD and was looking for AIs, and ended up downloading NoCAB among others.
Currently, I have three installed; SimpleAI (classic one, even if he isn't the most efficient, it's the closest to the classic ^^), AdmiralAI and NoCAB AI...

Soon as SimpleAI popped up, he started building right away; AdmiralAI pops up, same thing, loads of rails and some airports. Then came NoCAB and it just sits there, doesn't even rename it's own company, and does nothing stuck at 2€ company value.

I checked the AI Debug window thing and it seemed to be stuck on a line saying "Building industry list...";

Is it because the map is 2048x2048?... I thought it was taking some time to build some mega ultra list of plays of doom to just outright annihilate me, but after 1-4 ingame years it just still sat there. So I went to the advanced settings, changed it to Hard difficulty, Very Fast construction and still nothing...

I downloaded the AIs via the ingame content menu as according to what I read it will also download it's dependencies.
So I really can't seem to figure out what's wrong with the AI on my computer... Should I download the nightly/testing version of the AI or something?...
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Hi KurokazePT,

The way NoCAB works is that it will first build a point to point list of all Industry <-> Industry, Town <-> Town, and Industry -> Town. This means that if you have a large number of town / industries that it can take a long time before the AI starts building something. I had plans to reduce this time, but other projects have taken my interest and I have not updated this AI for quite some time and I don't expect to do so any time soon.

So either wait for a long time on huge maps, or play on smaller ones. That is all the help I can give you I'm afraid.

Thanks for pointing out the problems with saves. OpenTTD only waits for a certain amount of cycles before killing the AI when saving. It was a problem I was going to work on, but alas no time.
Bram
MukiJames
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MukiJames »

I try to play against any AI first time. I downloaded NoCAB and started a game with the settings maximum 4 AIs. Two of them already appeared so far, but they do not do anything at all. They did not build anything, their company value is still 2$ after 3 years... I don't think that it is normal, since other ppl write very good reviews about this AI. Do I have to setup something extra to make it work?
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

MukiJames wrote:I try to play against any AI first time. I downloaded NoCAB and started a game with the settings maximum 4 AIs. Two of them already appeared so far, but they do not do anything at all. They did not build anything, their company value is still 2$ after 3 years... I don't think that it is normal, since other ppl write very good reviews about this AI. Do I have to setup something extra to make it work?
I assume you are playing on a large map which might take the AI a long time to load.

One of the weaknesses of this AI is that it first creates a complete map of all town <-> town, town <->industry, and industry <-> industry connections. Depending on the size of the map this can take a long time (~2 years is normal on 2048x2048 maps using normal settings). This is as intended as I will unlikely come back to this project any time soon to make any modifications.

Cheers,
Bram

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”