NoCAB - Trains, Trucks, Busses, Aircraft and Ships! v2.1.3

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCab - Trucks, Busses, Airplanes and Ships! v2 PRE release

Post by Morloth »

To make sure NoCAB works with the latest nightly build, I've decided to release an early version of what will become V2 over time. I'm currently in the middle of a rewrite of several components of my AI. The most important feature will be the upgrade manager which will upgrade existing connections by buying better vehicles; replace the whole connection by other means of transportation; or extent the connection to a longer route which will be more profitable in the end.

In this release only existing road vehicle connections are updated by extending them. Please note that this is work in progress. But I'd be happy to get any feedback. This version won't be found on bananas until I consider it stable and done.

- Bram
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCab - Trucks, Busses, Airplanes and Ships! v1.3

Post by Morloth »

Ok, version 1.3 is now on Bananas which is basically part of the upcoming v2 release minus the upgrade manager (need to work on performance first :X).
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCab - Trucks, Busses, Airplanes and Ships! v1.4

Post by Morloth »

Version 1.4 is out!

This version contains a lot of bugfixes and optimizations from the previous iteration.

From the front page:
* Regression: Build separate stations for different cargo at the pickup site.
* Regression: Make it possible to make separate connections for different cargo originating from the same site.
* The state of the world is now updated every iterations for all advisors. This allows them to react on recent changes.
* Airplanes are now able to pick up other cargo other then passengers / mail.
* Various optimizations.

This will probably be the last release before version 2.0, but it might take a while before it's done. Fingers crossed :).
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCab - Trucks, Busses, Airplanes and Ships! v1.5

Post by Morloth »

Small bug fixes for version 1.5 (This WILL be the last before V2 :P).

* Placement of airfields better handled for towns.
* Fixed a bug where an industry wasn't removed from the industry table after closure.
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: NoCab - Trucks, Busses, Airplanes and Ships! v1.6

Post by Morloth »

Bug fix release, there we some errors in the way closing down a connection was handled. Full list is below:

* Vehicles are now sold after a connection closes down.
* Fixed a bug where road stations of end destinations of a connection were destroyed whilst still in use by other connections!
* Fixed a bug where the AI crashes when a vehicle isn't available anymore.

As always, any feedback is welcome! :)

- Bram
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

What version of the nightly is this game using.
Thanks
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

wozzar wrote:What version of the nightly is this game using.
Thanks
Hi Wozzar,

NoCAB runs on any version higher then 15495 and the 7.0 beta.

Cheers.
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

Morloth wrote:
Thanks
Hi Wozzar,

Cheers.
I am using the most current one. But when i fast forward the game freezes.
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

wozzar wrote:
Morloth wrote:
Thanks
Hi Wozzar,

Cheers.
I am using the most current one. But when i fast forward the game freezes.
I downloaded to latest nightly (15523) and run a game on a 512x512 map, but it doesn't seem to freeze here. I'm running on a slow and humble iBook G4, so I'm sure it has nothing to do with processing power. Could you be a little bit more specific about your bug, i mean does the game freezes or just becomes very very slow? And how much time do you need to wait before this behaviour occurs.

Thanks
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

It freezes right at the start of the game when the first AI is trying to start. I have to end the game doing a alt-crtl-delete.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

wozzar wrote:It freezes right at the start of the game when the first AI is trying to start. I have to end the game doing a alt-crtl-delete.
Does that happen with every AI or just with NoCab? What version are you running?
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

wozzar wrote:It freezes right at the start of the game when the first AI is trying to start. I have to end the game doing a alt-crtl-delete.
Is it just with NoCAB or do other AIs have similar problems? Btw, what nightly specifically are you using and which version of NoCAB?
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

Morloth wrote:
Is it just with NoCAB or do other AIs have similar problems? Btw, what nightly specifically are you using and which version of NoCAB?
I have no problems with Admiral AI which i just tested. I am using the current version 15523. Perhaps i should try a older version?
Where will i find the older versions.
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

wozzar wrote:
Morloth wrote:
I have no problems with Admiral AI which i just tested. I am using the current version 15523. Perhaps i should try a older version?
could you please try to remove the NoCAB folder in your Documents/OpenTTD/content_download folder and download it again? Perhaps there is corruption in the file or there is some crazy conflict going because all versions of NoCAB are installed in the same folder. I think I should alter this to Yexo's solution for AdmiralAI.

Let me know if this fixed the problem for you, thanks! :)
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

I removed the nocab folder and downloaded it again. But i had no luck and it still freezes the game.
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Wozzar, I've got a lag too when NoCab is starting, I guess it is heavily investigating the map at startup. But it only lasts for a second or two. But I guess when you use large maps, it will take a lot longer (proportional to the square of the map size). So maybe you can try to start a game with a 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 sized map.
wozzar
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by wozzar »

I used 1 nocab AI. The screen freeze but as it turn out it was lag it just took a while before it worked. How ever i have another problem the nocab ai isn't building anything and hasn't named its company.
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

wozzar wrote:I used 1 nocab AI. The screen freeze but as it turn out it was lag it just took a while before it worked. How ever i have another problem the nocab ai isn't building anything and hasn't named its company.
There is a little bit of a startup time for NoCAB, but like GeekToo said it's only for a second or two before the AI starts. I know there are a couple of issues with the current version where the pathfinder sometimes takes ages to find a path for a certain connection. This issue is fixed in the latest SVN version, but it shouldn't occur that often. However, the company name should be set (it's the first thing it does after setting the president's name) so it appears you have a different problem.

I'm running out of ideas... Yexo do you have a clue what could be going on? wozzar, do you get any output in the ai debug screen? There could be a silly bug preventing the AI from building anything...

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”