NoCAB - Trains, Trucks, Busses, Aircraft and Ships! v2.1.3

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: NoCAB - Trains, Trucks, Busses, Aircraft and Ships! v2.1

Post by Zuu »

NekoMaster wrote:In the game you can place a station next to a competitors if you build a peice of a station away from the station, then build off that peice, or using CTRL-Click you can place a new station so you have your station and the competitor has their station
Or just Ctrl+Click where you want your station and select new station in the popup window.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Zuu wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:In the game you can place a station next to a competitors if you build a peice of a station away from the station, then build off that peice, or using CTRL-Click you can place a new station so you have your station and the competitor has their station
Or just Ctrl+Click where you want your station and select new station in the popup window.
You more or less just said what I said.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

dasy2k1 wrote:I have been playing with a few AIs enabled on a YACD map to see how things run and to give a bit of interest to the game.

the problem is that NoCAB is creating bus links everywhere with loads of busses but using full load orders
all this does on the slower routes is block the bus station throat with dozens of stationary busses completly blocking the route for everyone else.

please can we have an option in the configure AI settings to disable full load orders (even better if we could desable for PAX and MAIL leaving everything esle the same)
I'll have a look into this, but if other people also find this a problem I'll add an option to the AI so it does not block traffic when inside a city.
MAG101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MAG101 »

Are you working on new NoCAB (version 2.2) and later versions and Bugfixing New Features
Attachments
Fort Tronnton Transport, 5th Nov 1960.png
(165.71 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by MAG101 on 04 Jan 2012 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

MAG101 wrote:Are you working on new NoCAB (version 2.2) and later versions Saving takes long need fixed and bugfix
Do you have a test case to upload? I think that would help Morloth to debug your issue.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
soravux
Engineer
Engineer

Post by soravux »

Hey everyone!
I've just tested the SVN (r525) version of NoCAB with the 1.2 beta 4 version of OpenTTD and it crashed at some points. Some errors are due to API mismatchs and some may look like an update to the Squirrel parser.

I've done this included patch that seems to correct r525, at least it plays for some hours without crashing.

I may be wrong or just didn't see something (like the usage of compatibility files...), if so I would be pleased to be corrected on the usage of backward compatibility. I seemed to notice that NoCAB has been made for API 1.2 (as written in info.nut), so I think it doesn't load the compatibility script...
Anyhow, keep on the good work on your new projects, Morloth!
Attachments
NoCAB-v1.2-API_fixes.diff
Modifications to NoCAB r525.
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Steffl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steffl »

Hi,
I have to report a bug. I don't know what caused it. Hope you can successfully fix it.

Bye
Attachments
Nocabbug.png
(84.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
oxyk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oxyk »

i've noticed strange annoying behaviour (or maybe it's intended?). when AI have lots of money and lots of trucks, it start to go crazy over city bus stops. in my example game it created 4 bus stops with different station IDs, one next to other and assigned 20 or 30 buses to each. that area barely had any houses on, so what i saw is about 100 buses blocking all ins and outs, waiting for rare passenger. and i'm pretty sure that area was bare before noCab stared to build stations. it's good i had just small airport nearby so it didn't affected anything. but sometimes when it start to block most of my stations i prefer to use rail road loop and train 5 tiles long w/o orders )
MAG101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MAG101 »

oxyk wrote:i've noticed strange annoying behaviour (or maybe it's intended?). when AI have lots of money and lots of trucks, it start to go crazy over city bus stops. in my example game it created 4 bus stops with different station IDs, one next to other and assigned 20 or 30 buses to each. that area barely had any houses on, so what i saw is about 100 buses blocking all ins and outs, waiting for rare passenger. and i'm pretty sure that area was bare before noCab stared to build stations. it's good i had just small airport nearby so it didn't affected anything. but sometimes when it start to block most of my stations i prefer to use rail road loop and train 5 tiles long w/o orders )
Did you enabled NOCAB mode that no someone transports than NOCAB
yes nocab need inpovlements but creator not updateing or update never be again
i bet creator will be update the ai soon
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

soravux wrote:Hey everyone!
I've just tested the SVN (r525) version of NoCAB with the 1.2 beta 4 version of OpenTTD and it crashed at some points. Some errors are due to API mismatchs and some may look like an update to the Squirrel parser.

I've done this included patch that seems to correct r525, at least it plays for some hours without crashing.

I may be wrong or just didn't see something (like the usage of compatibility files...), if so I would be pleased to be corrected on the usage of backward compatibility. I seemed to notice that NoCAB has been made for API 1.2 (as written in info.nut), so I think it doesn't load the compatibility script...
Anyhow, keep on the good work on your new projects, Morloth!
Thanks soravux. I've updated the Bleeding Edge Edition to be compatible with the 1.2 API.
Klatu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Klatu »

Slon, 29th Jan 1954.png
(299.3 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Hello

one more screen of error

I would say NoCAB is really cool and most interesting AI play versus.
But this AI have really loads of errors.

Is it any way to fix all this errors ? Becouse it is really annoying with all this scripts errors.

as far as i understand since error Ai stops working?
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Hi Klatu,

Sorry about the bug. I noticed it has been reported before, so I made some changes and hopefully this bug should now be fixed in the newest version. Please let me know if you run into any more bugs.

Cheers,
Bram
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I ran into a crash with the Bleeding Edge release, see attached screenshot. Running OpenTTD 1.3.0-beta1.
Attachments
NoCAB crash.png
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

You need to expand the AI Debug window so the whole string is visible, and preferably no tooltip over the error message

I wouldn't have thought i'd be telling Hyro that :rolleyes:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Steffl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steffl »

Ah, lets play this game, i think it's named Wheel of fortune...
I want to solve: the word is AI_ET_ENGINE_AVAILABLE.

I will take the washing machine for $500. :-)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Lord Aro wrote:You need to expand the AI Debug window so the whole string is visible, and preferably no tooltip over the error message

I wouldn't have thought i'd be telling Hyro that :rolleyes:
I wasn't paying attention to the tooltip, my bad. "Fortunately" it crashed again and you can award a prize to Steffl for good guessing.

EDIT:

Can you de-select AI's in a running game btw?
Attachments
NoCAB crash 2.png
(490.42 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Steffl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Steffl »

You need to expand the AI Debug window so the whole string is visible,
!!!!!!!

The line number is missing in your 2. screenshot, too :-)
Can you de-select AI's in a running game btw?
Yes, with the command 'stop_ai <company number>' in console.
But you have to go to difficulty options first and set the number of competitors lower, or a new AI company will restart.

I will take the washing machine for $500. :-)
I hope the freight will be no problem :-)

Edit:
NoCAB always worked good in versions until 1.2.3, so there seems to be a change in 1.3 which causes this error. Some compatibility problem.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Rather accidentially when testing some grf things and then chatting away in #openttd, it became a nice battle between two NoCABs and a SimpleAI, all doing very well
Attachments
screenshot 64^2 map
screenshot 64^2 map
simpleAi_NoCAB.png (293.25 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
autosave13.sav
last savegame
(25.58 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Morloth
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Morloth »

Steffl wrote: NoCAB always worked good in versions until 1.2.3, so there seems to be a change in 1.3 which causes this error. Some compatibility problem.
Thanks for the feedback. Just bare in mind that the bleeding edge edition was always going to be the version which includes experimental ideas. So one should expect it to crash and not work as expected, when a feature is mature enough it will be back ported to NoCAB. So please do not use the Bleeding edge edition unless you want to test these new features.

Bug reports are still welcome, but lacking time I do not think the Bleeding edge edition will go anywhere soon. If I ever pick this project up ever again I will finish the implementation of allowing NoCAB to upgrade connections to different transportation types. E.g. in the 1st year it might build a road network connecting two industries, but 25 years down the line it might actually be a better idea to replace the road connection with a train connection.
borg83
Engineer
Engineer

Post by borg83 »

Since OpenTTD 1.3 (beta) NoCAB names itself NiceCAB. Probably because of the unified difficulty settings.

Is AIInfo::AddSetting() still working as intended? Is there still a way to set the game difficulty to easy/medium/hard/custom?

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”