Order flags bug? Unload and wait for (any) full load

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Michiel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Order flags bug? Unload and wait for (any) full load

Post by Michiel »

While playing with order flags, I noticed I can't get my AI to specify AIOrder.AIOF_FULL_LOAD | AIOrder.AIOF_UNLOAD (which, if I understand correctly, should result in the "unload and wait for full load" order). The order isn't added, which presumably means it's invalid. However, through the player interface I can give my vehicles this combination of load flags. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Order flags bug? Unload and wait for (any) full load

Post by Yexo »

Michiel wrote:While playing with order flags, I noticed I can't get my AI to specify AIOrder.AIOF_FULL_LOAD | AIOrder.AIOF_UNLOAD (which, if I understand correctly, should result in the "unload and wait for full load" order). The order isn't added, which presumably means it's invalid. However, through the player interface I can give my vehicles this combination of load flags. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?
You can check the return value from the function, if it's false, it failed. If the function failed, you can get the error by AIError.GetLastError or a string by AIError.GetLastErrorString. Print that string and you'll see what went wrong.
Note that I'm not saying it's not a bug, just that you should give some more information.
Michiel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Michiel »

It returns false, and the error is ERR_UNKNOWN, unfortunately.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

What function are you calling? In case of AppendOrder or InserOrder, are you sure the destination parameter is correct? Those functions return ERR_UNKNOWN when trying to send a bus to a truck stations or a truck to a bus station.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Should be solved when the fix for FS#2130 gets synced into NoAI.
Michiel
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Michiel »

Yexo wrote:What function are you calling? In case of AppendOrder or InserOrder, are you sure the destination parameter is correct? Those functions return ERR_UNKNOWN when trying to send a bus to a truck stations or a truck to a bus station.
Nope, I'm sure I got that right :) It was only when trying to set that combination of flags that it failed.
Rubidium wrote:Should be solved when the fix for FS#2130 gets synced into NoAI.
Cool :)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”