ai issues

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Paulica Windrunner
Engineer
Engineer

ai issues

Post by Paulica Windrunner »

why am i getting this

no one is build any knid of trasnports

simple ai says no vichels
Attachments
ottd.png
(378.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Paulica Windrunner
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ai issues

Post by Paulica Windrunner »

only way the ai works if i start in boring 1940 and no grf even if i have only early viecheal set and start in 1899 they will never build not even if i left it running for 100 years
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello

Are you (as a human player) able to build vehicles before the "boring 1940-ies"?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

When tested using default settings, SuperSimpleAI passed with flying colors, so my guess is no vehicles.

I don't know enough about AI code to say if its likely a GRF issue and it can't use your GRF or not, if you are using any.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

As I posted in your other thread in the 'OpenTTD Problems' area (viewtopic.php?t=91284), have you ensured that you have not disabled vehicles for the computer players (the 'AI' competitors)?

The 3 most-likely possible causes, as I see them:
1) no vehicles are available at all for any player/company,
1a) you've started too early - OpenTTD will pop up a message, for a few seconds, when you start a game telling you when the 1st vehicle will become available in this instance,
1b) you're too late (in game years) and all your loaded GRF's vehicles are no longer available (and at least one GRF has overriden/disabled/replaced the default vehicles),
2) the NewGRF's you're using are not compatible with your chosen AI,
3) you've disabled all available vehicle types for the computer players.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”