Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:22 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 pm
Posts: 3653
First of all, what is the NoAI framework?
The NoAI framework provides an API to write your own AI. AIs can be written using squirrel.

What does it offer for me?
The old AI was still the same AI as in TTD which hasn't been updated for years. With this new framework several users are writing their own AIs which perform much better then the original AI, proving a better challenge to play against.

Where can I download the latest version?
NoAI is included in latest nightly.

Where can I get a new AI to play with?
You can download AIs in-game via the "Download content" button.

I want to write my own AI, where do I start?
The best starting place is the wiki. Also see AI:Introduction. The API docs are located here.

Tournament server
TrueBrain has created a tournament server and is regularly running competitions between AIs. It is currently offline. Check back in a few weeks for updates.


Last edited by planetmaker on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no tournatment server... :-(


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:33 am
Posts: 2493
Location: Poland
Yexo wrote:
Tournament server
TrueBrain has created a tournament server and is regularly running competitions between AIs. It is currently offline. Check back in a few weeks for updates.


It may be a good idea to remove it, unfortunately it seems to be thoroughly dead.

_________________
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 pm 
Offline
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:44 pm
Posts: 9035
Location: Sol d
Kogut wrote:
Yexo wrote:
Tournament server
TrueBrain has created a tournament server and is regularly running competitions between AIs. It is currently offline. Check back in a few weeks for updates.


It may be a good idea to remove it, unfortunately it seems to be thoroughly dead.


Of course there could be volunteers who run or hold such contests regularily...

_________________
Image
OpenTTD: manual | online content | translations | Wanted contributions and patches
#openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | DevZone | NewGRF web translator
DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:33 am
Posts: 2493
Location: Poland
planetmaker wrote:
Kogut wrote:
Yexo wrote:
Tournament server
TrueBrain has created a tournament server and is regularly running competitions between AIs. It is currently offline. Check back in a few weeks for updates.


It may be a good idea to remove it, unfortunately it seems to be thoroughly dead.


Of course there could be volunteers who run or hold such contests regularily...


I should be able to make one, but I will do it after fixing all cases of random crashes in my AI 8)

_________________
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:38 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 2364
Location: Location, Location
About a year ago, i did update Truebrain's patch for his tournament, however i haven't looked at it since and it wasn't complete anyway

_________________
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.