AdmiralAI v25

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: AdmiralAI v25

Post by Zuu »

If you with *.nut files in installation directory refer to the compat*.nut-files, DO NOT move them to Documents\OpenTTD. They are made for exactly your current version of OpenTTD. When you upgrade/downgrade to a different version, you should use the compat*.nut files for that installation which are included with the installer/zip. Copying/moving them to Documents\OpenTTD will cause problems with wrong compat*.nut files being used.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
PET
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PET »

They started to fail one by one after 18 years :(
Attachments
PET Transport, 30th Aug 1968.png
(500.44 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
clausisme
Engineer
Engineer

Post by clausisme »

Playing with 5 different AI's . Admiral AI , NoCAB, AIAI, Simple AI, Trans. Admiral crashed in 1970 he was doing well, and i guess updating to electrified rail crashed it.
Attachments
AdmiralAI(v25)-1970.png
AdmiralAI(v25)-1970.png (39.11 KiB) Viewed 14150 times
bananuel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bananuel »

Here's a bug report, I have no idea what might have caused it but I was running 2 AdmiralAi, the year is 1986ish.
Happy Holidays!
Attachments
Namnlös.png
Namnlös.png (21 KiB) Viewed 13533 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

It is an evil setting but "property maintemance" option exists. After enabling it it is really hard to profit from air transport. AdmiralAI is trying anyway and failing.

In AIAI I solved it by refusing to use airports if this setting is enabled.
Attachments
autosave11.sav
(470.71 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Cantanope
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cantanope »

Maybe a similar problem to what the others had?
Sweet mother, I cannot weave –
slender Aphrodite has overcome me
with longing for a girl.
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

Too long to save crash
Attachments
Unnamed, 1965-02-10.sav
(15.53 MiB) Downloaded 212 times
Unnamed, 1965-02-10.png
(109.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Formerly known as Samu
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Perhaps a hardcoded limit to number of routes it builds would avoid long save times.
SimpleAI v13 has it set @1000.
Or one could just raise the #opocdes before AI is suspended setting under Settings->Competitors->Computer players?
RailwAI
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RailwAI »

AdmiralAI crashes in a game with multiple AI. Seemingly a different error than the other crashes reported here, as it says that the index 96 doesn't exist.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1971-11-02.png
(732.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AdmiralAI crashed, 1971-11-02.sav
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
pewestlake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pewestlake »

Looking good so far. Bug discovered. Might be because my hard drive is running out space and my computer has been glitchy.

Link to screen grab: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xq9eTQ ... vtYTZ/view
Battle8111
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Battle8111 »

Bug Report

Error happens later game, around 1970 for me when electric trains are introduced. Thank you for the great AI Mod!

SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Where is Yexo anyway?
Such a good AI as AdmiralAI is it should not be held back by all these issues. ?(
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

SirkoZ wrote: 26 Jul 2021 20:03 Where is Yexo anyway?
Based upon the latest nightly date on the first post link being 2011. They probably moved on to other things that do not include OpenTTD AIs. I suggest you either try to resolve the AI issues yourself, or try other AIs, although plenty of other AIs also are by people either inactive or rarely active.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
xarick
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by xarick »

AdmiralAI crashes! The reason for this crash is the way it handles town indexes. It creates at the beginning, in _town_manager a table mapping TownID to TownManager. It doesn't account for new towns being created.

Code: Select all

local town_list = AITownList();
	foreach (town, dummy in town_list) {
		local man = ::main_instance._town_managers[town];
The newly created town is missing in the table, that's why it crashed.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1974-03-12.png
(249.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Formerly known as Samu
rblb
Engineer
Engineer

AdmiralAI bug

Post by rblb »

Hi everyone!

I'm new, downloaded your game yesterday, few AIs, sound, music, haven't played much yesterday, but I did play about an hour today and it bugged, says it crashed and that I should report with the screenshot to you, so here it is:
openttd bug.jpg
bug screenshot
(360.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AdmiralAI bug

Post by Redirect Left »

rblb wrote: 09 Dec 2023 16:24 I'm new, downloaded your game yesterday, few AIs, sound, music, haven't played much yesterday, but I did play about an hour today and it bugged, says it crashed and that I should report with the screenshot to you, so here it is:
Unfortunately the original developer of this AI seems to have moved on, as they've not posted since 2020.
AdmiralAI has a few known crash situations, if you'd like a competitive AI, try AAAHogEx which builds very large networks of trains, and when testing was stable. There's a thread on AI
here
that tries to make it easy to understand the slight abandoned and dodgy AI hellscape OpenTTD lives in, so we can work together to find good AI.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

xarick wrote: 03 Mar 2023 23:00 AdmiralAI crashes! The reason for this crash is the way it handles town indexes. It creates at the beginning, in _town_manager a table mapping TownID to TownManager. It doesn't account for new towns being created.
I have created a patch which fixes this particular problem. Here it is, along with the packaged AI.

The patch should be applied to AdmiralAI version 26, which can be found here.
Attachments
AdmiralAI-27.patch
(12.81 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
AdmiralAI-27.tar
(386.5 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
rblb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rblb »

That's fantastic odisseus, but how can we, the gamers, update the AI through the game? Is there a functionality to redownload or update? I don't see any of those. I must stress out here that your game is simply not gamer-friendly, that's a fact.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

You need to add it to the code of the AI, alternatively download the packaged AI to start with. You cannot redownload this through BaNaNaS (the ingame content distributor) because it was not uploaded there by the original author in the first place. You can then find out how to activate it in-game in any number of places on the internet, from this forum, to reddit and the openttd forum, perhaps most of your issue is you expect everything done for you, instead of looking it up.
rblb wrote: 13 Dec 2023 13:13 I must stress out here that your game is simply not gamer-friendly, that's a fact.
Adding negativity to all your posts is really not required, once was sufficient.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”