Nations Game Season 4

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Timescale time!

1 week - 5 years
14%
1 week - 10 years
9%
1 day - 1 year
18%
1 day - 2 years
18%
Slow down timescale as game progresses
41%

Total votes: 22

trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Nations Game Season 4

Post by trainman1432 »

Reposted rules here.
1) STARTUP AND GENERAL RULES
1) One country per person
2) Size: Countries must initially not be larger than the US (10 mln sq km). Size on earth must be kept smaller than 18 mln sq km and may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1)
3) Slight terraforming is permitted, but no moving of large landmasses like continents
4) Technology may be introduced at approximately the appropriate time according to the in-game time rate and year. Development of advanced technology (e.g. nuclear tech, rockets, aircraft carriers etc) must be announced before it is completed. Technologies that are too early for the timeframe or implausible may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1).

2) WARS AND SECESSIONS
1) Wars are to be fought with reasonable forces. Some aspects may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1) if necessary. During armed conflict a player may not report casualties or damages done to the other party, the other party must respond to attacks in a way that is considered realistic.
2) Nukes may not be overused and must have a blast radius of less than 0.5 miles. Abuse of this rule can be vetoed (see Rule 3.1).
3) Seceding is permitted, only if the "leader/owner" of a country decides it. The new territory must merge with another country or become a new, separate country administered by someone else.

3) ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
1) Veto Power: If a player disagrees with another's action, they may veto the action. At least two players are needed for the veto to succeed and the action to be taken back. Moderator's word is supreme to all other players, EXCEPT when the moderator is alone in his/her position. If this is the case, the moderator will be overridden (to prevent abuse).
2) Rule Changing: After these initial rules are agreed upon, a majority vote is required to change a rule. A game moderator counts as two votes.
3) Restarting: A 4:1 consensus is required to restart. Game mods count as two votes.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-05-28-07-51-38~2.png
(62.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by trainman1432 on 24 Feb 2020 14:37, edited 8 times in total.
HockeyD8
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Nations Game Season 4?

Post by HockeyD8 »

Can you repost the rules?
:!: :idea: I'm nice so I'll do anime sketches for free just PM me. :idea: :!:
I need someone to play minecraft with :(
I want some grilled cheese. :|
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Good to know the things still rolls :)

I wouldn't participate though, most likely.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Oh no, more things to eat up my time...

If more people reply, I'm in. Although I wouldn't mind a few changes to the map. Maybe stretch some of the continents and make a land bridge or two so expansion makes more sense.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

I am interested but I think Nations Game works best on real life world map. Everyone knows all the places immediately and small locations (islands, straits, mountain ranges etc. ), natural resources and climates can be easily googled. Distances and sense of scale also work great on world map compared to maps made by users.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Usually the same concepts can be applied to any map, such as large initial expansion around rivers, lakes, and deltas. Though a return to a normal map wouldn't be too bad. Maybe we could flip it upside down to shake things up.

Honestly I'd love an excuse to mess around in MS Paint again. With summer on the horizon, hopefully we can get a big group going. Oi, VoyagerOne, Pilot, LNM, join the cult again. You know you want to.

It's 3:33AM in my timezone. Ech.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Nations Game Season 4

Post by trainman1432 »

new poll on which map
Jetrain
YATTC
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Hmm I see this thing might be starting up again
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

There are 6 votes already and only 4 people have answered here and showed their interest. Hope those who vote also answer so we know if people are only randomly voting or are actually interested in playing.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

here's the thing, it tallies total votes. I've let people vote for both at once if they want them both
Jetrain
YATTC
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I voted for Earth and other, specifically upside down Earth.

I would be willing to go for something else in the same style as the old map, with rivers and everything. Trouble is, does anyone know where the original map came from? That format specifically is really nice for fleshing out borders and expansion.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

You could always just re-download the original un-edited version, I'm sure there is one somewhere.

As for my participation, I'm not ruling it out, however, real life is certainly a limiting factor for myself at the moment so wouldn't be the most active person like previous iterations (as you can see from the fact today is my first series of posts in 3 weeks!)

My preference would just be a normal earth, when we tried an unrealistic on in the past, participation was certainly worse. After all, we all know the real world!
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Should we wait for more people to weigh in on the poll or just go for it? Also, since this is a discussion thread, should we start a new topic when it starts?
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Yes we should. I don't know if I should moderate though
Jetrain
YATTC
HockeyD8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HockeyD8 »

just go for earth
It has over 3/4 of the voters already.
Also, can we get the rules posted again, please?
:!: :idea: I'm nice so I'll do anime sketches for free just PM me. :idea: :!:
I need someone to play minecraft with :(
I want some grilled cheese. :|
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

We keep discussing moderators but there's never been any use for one because if anyone does something dumb we just boot them out and ignore their map revisions.

Whoever makes the topic (probably me) can dig up the rules from the previous thread. We should probably discuss some other things such as how quickly time advances with respect to real time before we start though. Also start date. I'm honestly down for anything but we should reach a consensus.

Pilot, hope to see you out there if you can. Other veterans would be nice, we've already got APDAF too. Do I count? I think I count :mrgreen:
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

new poll, decide on the starting time period. Again, vote for any and all time periods you'd like
Jetrain
YATTC
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Most games in this were post 1800 it seemed to be the most reasonable.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

I am fine with any starting period, voted for all except ">1900" since I feel like we could get into the future from present day technology too quickly for enjoyable game. Post 1800 is fine for me.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Depends on how fast we progress

Return to “Forum Games”