Nations Game Season 4

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Timescale time!

1 week - 5 years
14%
1 week - 10 years
9%
1 day - 1 year
18%
1 day - 2 years
18%
Slow down timescale as game progresses
41%

Total votes: 22

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Nations Game Season 4

Post by Zakos »

It might have been 5 years per day last time when we started in 1500. Once someone breaks the tie we should vote on that and then we should be good to start.
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

I prefer a year to be three days if we start in 1750 or so.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Last poll, then new thread
Jetrain
YATTC
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Ah someone please break the tie so we can do the thing..
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

Hmmm, I might rejoin, but would prefer we started closer toward the 1850 mark.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

New nations game? I'd be on board for this, it's been a while
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

We'd be happy to have you. Is this conclusive enough for us to start the game?
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Is this thing dead before it began?
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

APDAF wrote: 04 Jul 2019 16:11 Is this thing dead before it began?
Don't know about others but I am still interested and ready to start this.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

If anyone else wants to start the game go ahead because I actually have no idea how to start it
Jetrain
YATTC
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Actually, I'd feel tempted to have a crack at running this, if trainman1432 or anyone else is OK with that. I have experience running forum games on other forums, in case anyone needs a bit of extra reassurance, so to speak. Would other people be happy with that?
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

NoMorePacers wrote: 20 Aug 2019 12:39 Actually, I'd feel tempted to have a crack at running this, if trainman1432 or anyone else is OK with that. I have experience running forum games on other forums, in case anyone needs a bit of extra reassurance, so to speak. Would other people be happy with that?
I will join if someone starts the game. Hope others are still interested.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

I think we should start the game in 1800, with the same timescale as the original game (1 day = 3 years until 1900, 1 day = 1 year afterwards). I've found the map used in that and used it, with the same key and stuff. Let's keep it simple. :)

Regardless, I shall start the game, by establishing the country of The Germanic Reich, between the Oder and Elbe rivers, which was born from the ashes of the previous kingdoms of the region. The great city Berlin has been made capital, with several other cities founded as well.

MAP UNLOCKED

If you want to add your own country, add it to this map and type it's name in the column at the top left, in the colour you chose. Also, be realistic for the time period, there isn't gonna be any airplanes or nuclear power stations in 1800. :P
Attachments
Start.png
(181.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

Here I go with the Eastern Balkanic Union.
Capital: Varna.
Other significant towns: Constantinople, Adrianopole, Brăila.
Currency: pound (£)
Population: ~ 550 000 people
Language: Turkish
Other useful information: a very active agricultural northern part.
Attachments
game.png
(141.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ⒶALEX
My screenshots (OpenTTD); what should I do? Also, AltSFX!
I❤️OTTD
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

MAP UNLOCK

The United Germanic Reich expands into the valleys of the Rhine and the Danube, with several other cities rising, to help create a strong industrial base. We have opened another port at Wilhelmshaven, to go alongside our one at Rostock.

Some stats about the UGR:
Capital: Berlin
Other significant towns: Hamburg, Frankfurt, Köln, Stettin
Currency: Reichsmark (RM)
Population: ~5 million
Language: German

We wish to trade with the Eastern Balkanic Union. Our leader, Frederick William II, is willing to head to Constantinople to negotiate a trade deal to aid both nations.
Attachments
game.png
(183.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

The Eastern Balkanic Union expands in new territories: Thessaloniki, Silistra are new significant towns, and experimental petroleum extraction has begun, with usage in lighting at this time. With the new acquisitions the population is now at ~650 000 people.

The trade offer from the United Germanic Reich is accepted, with conditions to be decided.
Attachments
game.png
(142.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ⒶALEX
I❤️OTTD
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

The Great Kingdom Of Scandinavia is a northern power player of Europe, centered around Baltic Sea but also stretching all the way to Atlantic. Population, infrastructure and commerce of kingdom is centered in area from Skåne to Stockholm with Oslo being the major year-round Atlantic port. While the kingdom inhabits large areas on other side of Gulf Of Bothnia, it is largely uncivilized wilderness lagging behind the heartlands of kingdom in technology, population and wealth. Official language of kingdom is naturally Swedish but some areas have secondary languages like Finnish and Norse. Capital city containing King Gustav IV's throne is Stockholm. Besides Southern Sweden, region of Österbotten is breadbasket of region providing wheat to feed the cities of south. Atlantic coast provides lots of fish and mountains in northern part of kingdom contain ore deposits.
Attachments
game.png
(288.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Katve on 22 Aug 2019 13:07, edited 2 times in total.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Just for reference, here are the rules:
1) STARTUP AND GENERAL RULES
1) One country per person
2) Size: Countries must initially not be larger than the US (10 mln sq km). Size on earth must be kept smaller than 18 mln sq km and may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1)
3) Slight terraforming is permitted, but no moving of large landmasses like continents
4) Technology may be introduced at approximately the appropriate time according to the in-game time rate and year. Development of advanced technology (e.g. nuclear tech, rockets, aircraft carriers etc) must be announced before it is completed. Technologies that are too early for the timeframe or implausible may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1).

2) WARS AND SECESSIONS
1) Wars are to be fought with reasonable forces. Some aspects may be vetoed (see Rule 3.1) if necessary. During armed conflict a player may not report casualties or damages done to the other party, the other party must respond to attacks in a way that is considered realistic.
2) Nukes may not be overused and must have a blast radius of less than 0.5 miles. Abuse of this rule can be vetoed (see Rule 3.1).
3) Seceding is permitted, only if the "leader/owner" of a country decides it. The new territory must merge with another country or become a new, separate country administered by someone else.

3) ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
1) Veto Power: If a player disagrees with another's action, they may veto the action. At least two players are needed for the veto to succeed and the action to be taken back. Moderator's word is supreme to all other players, EXCEPT when the moderator is alone in his/her position. If this is the case, the moderator will be overridden (to prevent abuse).
2) Rule Changing: After these initial rules are agreed upon, a majority vote is required to change a rule. A game moderator counts as two votes.
3) Restarting: A 4:1 consensus is required to restart. Game mods count as two votes.
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Katve wrote: 22 Aug 2019 12:48 The Great Kingdom Of Scandinavia is a northern power player of Europe, centered around Baltic Sea but also stretching all the way to Atlantic. Population, infrastructure and commerce of kingdom is centered in area from Skåne to Stockholm with Oslo being the major year-round Atlantic port. While the kingdom inhabits large areas on other side of Gulf Of Bothnia, it is largely uncivilized wilderness lagging behind the heartlands of kingdom in technology, population and wealth. Official language of kingdom is naturally Swedish but some areas have secondary languages like Finnish and Norse. Capital city containing King Gustav IV's throne is Stockholm. Besides Southern Sweden, region of Österbotten is breadbasket of region providing wheat to feed the cities of south. Atlantic coast provides lots of fish and mountains in northern part of kingdom contain ore deposits.
The Reich would like to establish trading links with the Scandinavian Kingdom.

The Reich has expanded eastwards into Silesia and Prussia - the cities of Breslau and Posen, as well as the ports of Danzig and Königsberg, being set up for trade and for civilians. We have also expanded south into Bavaria, with the city of Munich popping up, as well as taking the rest of Schleswig-Holstein in the north. The population has gone up to roughly 10 million. The military of the Reich - the Wehrmacht - has been formed, with the army - the Heer - having around 500,000 soldiers, and the navy - the Kriegsmarine, having around 500 ships so far.

MAP UNLOCKED
Attachments
game.png
(186.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

MAP UNLOCKED
The Eastern Balkanic Union is getting larger and larger. It has now ~ 1 000 000 inhabitants, and expanded towards Wallachia and Bulgaria. New significant towns include Sofia, Bucharest, Pleven, Ruse, Craiova and Plovdiv. The first mines are being opened, and the country is getting more prosperous every year.
Attachments
game.png
(145.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ⒶALEX
I❤️OTTD

Return to “Forum Games”