google translate discussion

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

google translate discussion

Post by Expresso »

The object of this game is to simply discuss anything and everything, but your addition to the discussion is translated into English by a translation service (like google translate) from your mother tongue or another language that you speak.

This post has also been translated with google translate. There must be worse to find translation services that can cause even more chaos. If you know one of which, post here so it can be used by others to also post here.

The intent is to uncorrected translation into English post here. I purposely did the mistakes the translation service did not put out. So what you read can sometimes do not match what is in the original, untranslated version.
Chrill

Re: google translate discussion

Post by Chrill »

Yes, but this can probably be a little exciting. Translating via Google Translate from Swedish to English tend to usually be quite readable. Sometimes it gets a little småtokigt however. How do you think it will go for me?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Very nice is translating from Latin to German, because at the end you have a mix out of Latin, English and German. I think it works with Swedish, French etc., too.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Have you seen this website? This translation, English, Russian and other languages, and back, several times. just the opposite.

Original text: "Have you seen this website? It translates from English to other languages and back multiple times. It usually gets it badly wrong."
My Scenarios:
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Serbian Google translator is quite unusable. I compared it with Slovenian (which has similar grammar), where translation is very good. Explain that. :P
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Maybe the Japanese .lng file is google-translated.
It is so strange and too funny!
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

[offtopic]
[+] Spoiler
[/offtopic]

On-Topic :

Too bad our everyday language uses a lot of word uptake. Particularly in online use, many use mixed English. The phrases I use here may also be less precise in the standard language.
If there is anything to be proud of, spelling in our language follows international standards!

Original :
[+] Spoiler
Sayang sekali bahasa sehari-hari kami menggunakan banyak kata serapan. Terutama dalam penggunaan daring, banyak yang menggunakan bahasa campuran inggris. Kalimat yang saya gunakan disini juga mungkin kurang tepat dalam bahasa baku.
Jika ada yang bisa dibanggakan, pengejaan dalam bahasa kami mengikuti baku internasional !
Google have actually improved their translation, but put one word/form off and it will crash I guess.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

How can I modify .lng file?
It couldn't be edited by text editor like gedit.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

(Off topic ?!?! Do you not realize what thread this is for ? We only rarely have Japanese contributors though, I think.)
http://www.openttd.org/en/development wrote:If you would like to translate the game, contact our translation manager. He will give you an account to our Web Translator and he will create everything you need if you want to get started with translations of the untranslated language.

For error in translation you should also contact our translation manager.
For individual NewGRFs and such, you need to contact their respective developers.
Throw you a cheap spanner wrote: (トピックオフ?!?!あなたにはどんなスレッドがあるのかわからないのですか?日本の投稿者はほとんどありません)

http://www.openttd.org/en/development から:

「ゲームを翻訳したい場合は、翻訳マネージャーに連絡してください。彼はあなたに私達のWeb Translatorへの説明を与え、まだ翻訳されていない言語の翻訳から始めたい場合に必要なものすべてを作成します。

翻訳のエラーについては、翻訳マネージャーに連絡する必要があります。

個々のNewGRFなどについては、それぞれの開発者に問い合わせる必要があります。
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

As a virgin you and I know that I want to love you. I love man cubits. Now now follow me, do not worry about the demon.

My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill, that is 8 minutes of my life I will never get back because of you, but thank you so much, because they were rather amusing!

I LIKE SHAPES!
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

Google translation is a very good service, I wonder why the world takes it that it translates badly, that it does not do well with some languages, that I still know what; no, Google Translate is a free and quality service, I wonder how they did not make money ...
ⒶALEX
My screenshots (OpenTTD); what should I do? Also, AltSFX!
I❤️OTTD

Return to “Forum Games”