The Nations Game Mk.III

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Starting year and timerate?

Poll ended at 28 Feb 2015 06:12

Year 0, 1 day = 25 years until 1500
13%
Year 1500, 1 day = 5 years until 1800
63%
Year 1800, 1 day = 2 years, 1 week = 2 years from 1900
No votes
Year 1900, 1 week = 2 years
25%

Total votes: 8

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game Mk.III

Post by Emperor Jake »

Regarding the trade routes, please use existing routes where possible, don't make parallel ones. It would get messy fast.

Map Unlocked - Improved and added trade routes
The year is 1580

---

The Royal Mediterranean Eastern Trading Company has been founded! The RMETC for short, has established the first cross-Specific Ocean trade route and many others around the world. The port town of Puerto Pollo has grown massively as it has become the most important trading hub in the kingdom.

King Pius Myopi has mandated that Chiesa Zekila missionaries travel alongside most trading ships, preaching the religion to anyone who will listen in far-off lands.

The Mediterranian Kingdom has also established its first overseas colony! The colony, known as Ostium Yariae, is situated at the mouth of the great Yarie River, thought to be the longest river in the world. The colony is currently a penal colony, and we are using convict labour to build a fort and harbour there.

Explorers travelling inland along the river towards the Ashara Desert have sighted remnants of an ancient civilisation, including great stone pyramidal structures. We assume these structures were built by the ancient Ashari civilisation.
Attachments
NationsGame_1580.PNG
(271.08 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

MAP LOCK

A proposal to link the nations inhabiting Black Isle via road has been put forth, and the Kingdom awaits a response from our Mediterranian neighbors. Additionally, a port has been established on Placid Bay* in order to more effectively engage in global trading.

The Kingdom has extended its reach; however, some of its more distant territories have rejected the rule of the monarchy's most recent successor, Dhruvi II. Mystery still surrounds the death of his father, Jarl I, who died unexpectedly in 1578 in his bed.

---

@Jake, Pilot- Could one of you maybe change colors? I can't tell whose properties belong to whom :?

*@Jake- We should label the master map on the first page to indicate landforms that we name.

@Errrrrybody- Remember that it's been 80 years, so it's time for a change because your leaders are probably dead now :wink:
Attachments
NationsGame_1580.PNG
(292.83 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I'm currently unable to do any map changes myself, I am mobile only.

King William has dead, in his sleep, aged 89. He has died of Natural causes. He is succeeded by his Grandson, who has been crowned King William II

O/T - @Mango My nation is currently unaware of the existence of yours, so proposing a trade route is a little odd
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Off Topic:
Sorry for messing up the map, I was feeling so powerful with all those lines out of my port :P And thanks for fixing it, as well.

@Zakos -I put the sea route in magenta because it seemed magenta represents "proposed" routes, and the only legit route I have is with Jake and I guess you. I still await to hear from the resolution of Zenpollen's leadership :lol: My leader started in 1565 so he can't be awfully old yet.

@A321- I am aware of your existence, my sailors are in the process of exploring the coast of our continent. Although I am pushy for new trade routes. Nevertheless, I will cancel route for now but I will send a ship of officials to land in your harbour for next turn ..

Map Locked
---------------
Drovor Republic: 1580

Population: 266,000 (^4%)
Army Size: 90,000 (v 5%)
5 year production: 12 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
4 thousand tons of iron ore, 9 thousand tons of stone, 5 thousand tons of fish. Total: 30,000 tons (v 3%)
Regional trade: 19 thousand tons (9 by road, 10 by sea) (v 10%)
International trade: Import; 5 thousand tons (^30%) Export; 5 thousand tons (^20%)
---------------

Emperor Kratoslic has begun the process of resignation as the proposed 'senate' will replace him. The final plans for the senate will consist of 12 members for each 12 provinces, plus another from the capital itself. All economic, military and social decisions will be made by them. The Head Officials will replace the Emperor and this experimental method of leading will begin in 1685.

A statue was erected of the now aging emperor in his 40s in honour of the massive development and prosperity he established.

In other news, new establishments are born at the crossroads of the busy road network. In fact, the main mode of land transport, the Llama, has been such a nuisiance and now every 1 in 4 citizens own at least one of these useful creatures. We are trying to export their excrements, which have plagued our streets. Numerous people are falling ill in the especially crowded capital, and the other large port city of Osthaven in the east.
A new invention was also made to help knit together and make the clothing from the coat of a Llama; it is called the Stocking Frame by William Lee.
Attachments
NationsGame 1580.png
(353.53 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by Dr. Mango on 06 Mar 2015 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

@Mango, whilst your nation might be aware of ours, our nation is not aware of yours, the only nation that we are completely aware of is the United Islands.

We hear rumours of these 'other' nations, but we do not believe, so sailing into our port isn't going to be too well accepted
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Map Unlocked

Astonishingly, natives in the West have pushed Caspian forces out of their previously-occupied land by staging a last-ditch effort for freedom. Their resistance with prove futile, however, when we crush their spent forces once and for all. Rejection of our Lord Jibbers Crabst means no mercy from those who are his humble servants.

Back home, advances continue and the nation grows in military strength as all eligible citizens have been trained in the art of marksmanship and firearms have been made more readily available, while still not quite mass-produced. Economic prosperity continues and the land is enjoying a relief from the hardship of its humble beginnings.

King Dhruvi II has issued a decree that a census will be taken at the turn of the century.

---

@Drovor- I'm gonna have to veto that; sewing machines weren't used in any capacity for another 250 years or so.
Attachments
NationsGame_1585.png
(293.3 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Your right, the sewing machine came in the 1780s :oops: I meant the stocking frame, which is a mechanism for knitting, invented in the late 1580s.

Map Locked

Drovor Republic: 1585

Population: 271,000 (+2%)
Army Size: 80,000 (-12%)
5 year production: 13 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
4 thousand tons of iron ore, 7 thousand tons of stone, 4 thousand tons of fish. Total: 28,000 tons (-10%)
Goods Production: 3 thousand tons of Clothing, 5 thousand tons of Furniture parts (+100%)
Regional trade: 17 thousand tons (9 by road, 8 by sea) (-11%)
International trade: Import; 5 thousand tons (0%) Export; 5 thousand tons (0%)
---------------

The Republic of Drovor has cancelled its expedition to the north, citing resources and fear or northern kingdoms. The Emperor has stepped down and the republic is now being run by a group of 15 elected delegates from each province and extra as necessary. The effects are immediate, with morale slightly decreased, outputs have followed. The new formation adequately represents the native population, and has led to resolution to the disagreement with the Mt. Tribes; however, no land claims are to be made further.

The Republic is also proud to open light industries in Drofhagen and Mitgez for production of refined goods, which will begin to be offered for export next year:
Clothing and Furniture parts (i.e. pillows).

With much further road building plans scrapped, only a few projects remain. The senate has agreed to maintain the 5 year census policy as with the old republic, and further resources into education, technological advancement and towards a larger merchant fleet (currently made of small-mid sized merchant boats). Spoken also is a new independent currency.
Attachments
NationsGame 1585.png
(353.08 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Dr. Mango wrote:Your right, the sewing machine came in the 1780s :oops: I meant the stocking frame, which is a mechanism for knitting, invented in the late 1580s.
Fair enough then.

Map Unlocked

@Jake & @A321Pilot- Can one of you change colors?

@Siu238X- Are you still at war with the pirates or can that be deleted?
Attachments
NationsGame_1590.png
(293.19 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

@Zakos, I can't do it myself, I'm mobile only for the next few weeks
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

I can change it if you desire, choose your colour?

..Map Locked
----------------------------------
Drovor Republic: 1590

Population: 286,000 (+5%)
Army Size: 62,000 (-22%)
5 year production: 20 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
3 thousand tons of iron ore, 5 thousand tons of stone, 5 thousand tons of fish. Total: 33,000 tons (+16%)
Goods Production: 6 thousand tons of Clothing, 5 thousand tons of Furniture parts (+28%)
Regional trade: 20 thousand tons (9 by road,11 by sea) (+15%)
International trade: Import; 8 thousand tons (+38%) Export; 9 thousand tons (+45%)
---------------------------------

The Republic of Drovor has successfully installed the new gov't. Prosperity continues and the ration of materials for republic projects before are now stopped. Businesses are capitalizing on the excess materials that are now on the free market, and not in the hands of the emperor. Kratoslic has been reinstated as emperor by the vote of the senate as only a figure of nationalism.

Resources has been acquired by the state to form a navy to protect the merchant fleet in case of pirate hostility or other threats. The new ships are to be rolled out in 1595, a total of 8 mid-sized patrol boats which feature great speed and efficient use of the wind with sail designs.
Attachments
NationsGame 1590.png
(353.91 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Dr. Mango wrote:I can change it if you desire, choose your colour?
I would have offered myself, but their colors are so close that I couldn't tell. Best wait for Jake, wherever he is.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

MAP LOCK

Sorry for being late.

------

MAP UNLOCKED (Game Year = 1595)

The untimely death of the Moken in 1572 spurred turmoil over the young country. The Moken didn't name a heir, and his children had a struggle over succession. Fight was especially fierce between the elder two contenders, who were of "Zeno" and "Ellen" origin respectively.

However, constant pirate threats forced them to "put their difference aside". In 1583, the "Zeno" contender (actually a grandchild, instead of child, of the late Moken) was allowed to take the Moken title (as the fourth one), but with some power-sharing arrangements made in favour of the other two factions.

Those committed the worse crimes during the civil war were dragged to a new found island northwest to the mainland and were subjected to forced labor. Some were also forced to mine in the mountains newly rid of pirates.

The envoys from Drovor were, unfortunately, not well-timed when they arrived at Zenpollen. In 1577, they had to seek refuge elsewhere but they were soon captured by pirates, and only released after the new Moken raided a pirates' base in 1585.

The new Moken made an official apology -- as well as compensation -- to these unfortunate envoys. He wished to continue the talk, but the envoys were simply too exhausted -- that they just decided to leave. As further gesture of apology, the Moken not only agreed to send them home, but also sent Zenpollen representatives to accompany them back to Drovor, which means the trade talk is taking place there instead.

Meanwhile, Caspian vessels were spotted by "Pol" faction members, and some decided to follow it to the nearest port.
----

@Dr. Mango: Zenpollen wishes to provide extra minerals (we have copper and tin) in exchange for cotton and livestock.

@Zakos: Just to inform you about some Zenpollen presence in your colony. (The one NE to Zenpollen, not NW).
----

Ah yes, the pirates are still there, they just no longer encircle Zenpollen proper.
Attachments
NationsGame3_1595_Z.png
(294.29 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

The Zenpollen citizens, while met with a bit of suspicion regarding their pursuit of a Caspian freighter, are welcomed to the colony. They are also welcome to board a vessel en route to the mainland if they desire to set up a trading partnership between our two nations. The economic boom sees no end in sight; as such, the kingdom has plentiful building materials to offer, as well as a plurality of spices and exotic imports from the Western colonies.

(I honestly forgot if we have any trade between the two of us, so...)
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Map Locked
----------------------------------
Drovor Republic: 1595

Population: 305,000 (+5%)
Army Size: 70,000 (+11%)
5 year production: 21 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
3 thousand tons of iron ore, 5 thousand tons of stone, 5 thousand tons of fish. Total: 34,000 tons (+3%)
Goods Production: 9 thousand tons of Clothing, 5 thousand tons of Furniture parts. Total: 14,000 tons (+21%)
Regional trade: 20 thousand tons (9 by road,11 by sea) (0%)
International trade: Import; 12 thousand tons (+33%) Export; 15 thousand tons (+40%)
---------------------------------
The Drovor Republic is astonished at the events that occured to the envoys sent to Zenpollen. The Republic is grateful for their safe return and thanks the aid of Zenpollen. We are understanding of the situation in the nation and appalled by the actions of the pirates..

Zenpollen-Drovor Trade Conference

The Republic formally declared war on the sea pirates shortly after the arrival of the Zenpollen and Drovor representatives in Drofhagen...The army currently re-mobilises; the plans for a navy has intended delay for more research and more resources will be put into to larger ships in 1600. We have requested to send 8000 men to a joint operation with Zenpollen naval forces against the sea pirates.

As for trade, the Republic accepts the offer and will be exporting livestock, mainly bison, llama and sea birds as well as cotton to Zenpollen. We accept tin and copper and look forward to using these materials for research into new fields of engineering.

We also offer the more valuable furniture goods and clothing which we now offer for export to any willing countries.
Attachments
NationsGame 1595.PNG
(498.21 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

I suppose I will join, although I am not very active in the forum games :roll: But I always come back! :wink:

Anyway, I couldn't help to notice that little island that resembles Japan, so I took it! Also, I changed my nation colour from yellow that confuses my capital, is okay?

Empire of Haneda founded 1600

The Empire of Haneda is the unification of all the great towns and people in the region. No longer is there warriors and ninjas running loose. The people are kind, but strict and very conservative although innovative and efficient. They do not see well to outsiders! That is all the info for now :P

Capital: Akito
Population: About 200,000
Leader: Emperor Haneda I
Attachments
Nations_Game.png
(518.87 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Tschüß!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Welcome to the game Hans Kruzer!

Map Unlocked
Changes:
- Fixed cropping
- Made my country a shade lighter, not sure if it will help. The colours are very distinctive on my monitor.

---

King Pius Myopi has died of old age! He has passed the throne onto his son, Pius Myopi II. He promises to rule with an iron fist, he has begun beheading infidels who speak out against Chiesa Zekila.

Pirates on an island on the coast between northern Mediterrania and Bretonnia have raided a RMETC trans-specific convoy! In retaliation the RMETC is building up a larger, stronger private military and navy to combat these marauders.

RMETC explorers have circled the globe and published this new map of all continents and major land features.
Attachments
fantasynames.PNG
World map with names
(1.77 MiB) Not downloaded yet
NationsGame1600.PNG
(294.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

"Pesky dudes! They keep coming from the woods! Gotta defend this river or thousands would die."

"Tricky! We chased those bandits into the desert, but I didn't expect them to become NOMADS!!"

"I have an idea... what about linking all our beacons towers with walls? I'm sure things would get easier..."

Thus the Great Wall of Tina (named after the mountain that gives out Tin) is born!
(No map change because there's no notation for such a thing, and I already put some military facilities along my northern frontier!)

@Zakos: When established, Zenpollen was an isolated nation (the only one in the south), so this is the first contact between Zenpollen and Caspia, definitely.

@Dr. Mango: The envoys gave their greatest gratitude to the Republic, and have set sail back with the agreement, which was rectified by the Moken in 1597. Currently the trade ships set sail every four months, all of them accompanied by the (growing) navy.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

@Zenpollen- At any rate, we'd be happy to set up a trade agreement.
siu238X wrote:Thus the Great Wall of Tina (named after the mountain that gives out Tin) is born!

F**k you Mongorian!!!

@Jake- As far as I can tell, it's much better.*

@Haneda/Hans- Welcome to the game! I would welcome you as a nation but I don't expect to run into you. Give it about 20 more years of exploration :P Also, I should point out (though you seem to have noticed) the 1 day = 5 years progression of time just so you know. Happy trails!

Map Unlocked

The official census of 1600 has been taken! Listed are the results, excluding slaves.
Total: 296,083
Mainland: 275,184
Other: Sparse

*One more thing (and I wouldn't single you out if you weren't the creator of the thread); I think we need names for the whole continents, just for the sake of gameplay. It seems too random of a discussion to just make a poll about it, so I might start another thread just for random Nations Game discussions, sorta like the ICN thread (link for those who don't know) but more general.
Attachments
NationsGame_1605.PNG
(298.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

You just reminded me that we used to have about 4 separate threads at once for this game :lol:

The Kingdom of Londinium is now considered by the king to be technologically advanced enough to battle it's nearest threat, the United Islands. The King orders that 2 Exploration fleets be sent out, one that heads to the East, the other to the South, he hopes that they will bring news of wonderful, far away lands, that one day may become Military Allies and Trade Partners
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

So wait. Are you announcing your intention to wage war or just gloating about the fact that you can? Also, have our nations met?

Also I forgot to change the date on the map guys, so if I don't do it soon then just remember to make it 1610 tomorrow.

Return to “Forum Games”