The Nations Game Mk.III

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Starting year and timerate?

Poll ended at 28 Feb 2015 06:12

Year 0, 1 day = 25 years until 1500
13%
Year 1500, 1 day = 5 years until 1800
63%
Year 1800, 1 day = 2 years, 1 week = 2 years from 1900
No votes
Year 1900, 1 week = 2 years
25%

Total votes: 8

siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: The Nations Game Mk.III

Post by siu238X »

MAP LOCK

MAP UNLOCKED

20 years have passed but Zenpollen's dealing with pirates are far from finished. These pesky guys hide in forests and hills, thus extensive digging and chopping work are carried out on the frontiers. Many Zenpollens fell, but they know they REALLY have no choice

At least this is not just for the cause of the Moken himself, since the Moken is quite senile by now. As the war area is quite large, each of his offsprings is assigned with a strategic area. What he didn't expect is that these siblings aren't quite getting along well with each other, and this arrangement is rather prone to internal fighting...
Attachments
NationsGame3_1550_Z.png
(258.79 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

MAP LOCK
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Map Unlocked

Expansion has continued to the mostly unexplored continent to the West. Additionally, a large ore deposit has been discovered to the South and rumors of inland forests are spreading like wildfire, pardon the pun.
Attachments
NationsGame_1550.png
(259.2 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

King Pius Myopi wishes to spread the Zekilan religion all over the world. He has has started sending Chiesa Zekila missionaries to neighbouring countries. One group has headed to the Kingdom of Caspia and will continue towards and will continue towards Bretonnia. Another has embarked on a ship and is heading west.

The King has also expressed his desire to colonise new lands. He is preparing a colonisation fleet to head out to a yet to be selected location.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Kingdom of Gozon Basin has been founded

For several hundred years areas around Gozon River and it's various branches have been populated and there have been lots of different tribes with their own leaders. On the area where Gozon River meets Melatic Ocean there has been quite active port town with trading as main income for long time. City and area surrounding it has been most developed and modern area of whole Gozon Basin during whole history of area. Every five years there has been meeting in city between different leaders of area. During 1555 convention leaders of various tribes have decided to unite tribes and become kingdom. Previously Lord of Altamira is now known as King of Kingdom of Gozon Basin. Since tribe leaders don't want to lose all of their previous power, newly established kingdom has decided to adopt feudal system and previous tribe leaders now call themselves lords of their respective territories.

Kingdom's population is centered around Bay of Altamira and it is only region with modern roads. New government is researching building roads to new areas to make nation more united. Currently main transport inland is by river. Besides food, we are farming cocoa and we are looking into new crops to grow for money. Our other major export is fish and pearls since our people have long tradition in seafaring and boating in general.

We are also interested in setting up trade routes via sea. We can export cocoa, fish, pearls and we are looking forward to mining and farming new resources so we can expand our exports in near future. We would also like to consult foreign expert on possible mining opportunities in our country. We have no domestic knowledge on that area yet and we want to know if any minerals are easily mineable in our territory.

---

I really dislike this color I got for my nation, I might change it to darker one. Are you guys okay with that ? I also changed year to 1555 since that is today.
Attachments
NationsGame_1550.png
(264.13 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Emperor Jake wrote:King Pius Myopi wishes to spread the Zekilan religion all over the world.
Send missionaries to uninhabited lands. We appreciate the outreach, but our Lord Jibbers Crabst will surely save us.
Katve wrote:Kingdom of Gozon Basin has been founded

We are also interested in setting up trade routes via sea. We can export cocoa, fish, pearls and we are looking forward to mining and farming new resources so we can expand our exports in near future. We would also like to consult foreign expert on possible mining opportunities in our country. We have no domestic knowledge on that area yet and we want to know if any minerals are easily mineable in our territory.
We can offer our two pence on the resources of the area, and we would be happy to trade with you as we have come across large ore deposits ourselves.

---
Katve wrote:I really dislike this color I got for my nation, I might change it to darker one.
Go ahead, that's fine.
Katve wrote:I also changed year to 1555 since that is today.
Make sure you change it on the file too :wink:

---

MAP LOCK

Whoops :oops:
Last edited by Zakos on 02 Mar 2015 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

The Republic of Drovor Established

Leader: Emperor Kratoslic
Capital: Drofhagen (pop. 56,000)
Other Large cities: Halm (pop. 15,000), Montare (21,000), Osthagen (43,000), Midsta (24,000)
Population: 231,000

The Drovor Republic is one made of many ethnic backgrounds. Much of the foreign population which helped established the republic are from other kingdoms in the North, escapees from the rulings under Kings. However, 70% of the population is native to the lands, a long plain sorrounded by the Lower Benys mountains in the west and the Drovor mountains in the east. After several dealings with the native peoples, an agreement was reached where the foreign and natives peoples would live under the same law and with the same rights and freedoms. Conflicts between tribes were resolved and their borders broken down to create the united land.

The government is still in its developing stages, with Emperor Kratoslic as an acting head of state. There are plannings for a group of elected officials to cooperate as a head of government, with the Emperor to only be a supervising and symbolic figure.

The republic's main resource is grain, vegetables of other sorts. Vast fertile plains allow for farming. Natives farms have been expanded inland, while new farms are built as well. We are looking for a trade partner to help provide minerals and wood for further development!
We also have 3 main ports and more under construction. They all border the Artican Sea.

Currently, the republic spends heavily in new research fields and promotes innovation. We are in competition with likewise nations but want to cooperate and share our technologies. Currently, we are investing more towards new tools to enhance road/canal construction and larger sailing ships in anticipation for new international trade routes.

-------------

The Republic is interested to send a research team to the Kingdom of Gozan Basin to analyze the region for minerals and help fund mining facilities in your nation. In return we would like to import at least 7% of the minerals that may be mined; we will also export processed foods to you.
-------------

I inquire about the map lock/unlock system?
Attachments
NationsGame 1565.png
(413.96 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

The map lock/unlock system is there to stop two people accidentally modifying the map at the same time, and having to mash them together, especially if the changes conflict.

Essentially, post "MAP LOCK" in a post when you are going to edit. Nobody else then touches the map until you post "MAP UNLOCK" (usually with a new copy of the map). You can put the lock in the same post by editing it, or in a new one if others have replied.

If someone else has posted MAP LOCK without a subsequent MAP UNLOCK, don't edit the map until they unlock it again. Occasionally someone may lock the map and forget to unlock it - if so, wait a reasonable amount of time and post on the thread, and people will eventually decide to rescind the lock to keep the game going
Jon
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Welcome to the game, Katve and Dr. Mango!

So if/when we ever get to the Space Age, we need planets to visit. I think it's a good idea to use the Kerbal Space Program solar system, except our planet is called Jarth (Jake-earth) :P
In-game version follows:
---

After many years of observation of the cosmos using his telescope, Galileo has discovered that our world orbits the Sun along with the four other planets. Some of these planets, including ours, have moons of their own. He has named the planets as follows, in order from the closest to the Sun to furthest:
Moho, Eve, Jarth(our planet), Duna, Jool. Jarth has 2 moons: Mun and Minmus. He has also discovered that the distant planet Jool has moons of its own; Laythe, Vall, Tylo and Bop.

The current King follows the beliefs of the Chiesa Zekila, denouncing Galileo. He has been forced to flee into the hills, where he discovered an abandoned tower formerly owned by Nicolaus Copernicus. He set up shop there, finding various old documents and is now studying again in peace.
A Zekilan inquisition is underway to look for him and accuse him of blasphemy. They know that Jarth is the centre of the universe and watched over by the holiest of Holy Ghosts: Slimer.

New exploration fleets have plied the southern oceans and seen the Great Icy Landmass. They hace come across two new kingdoms, the Drovor Republic and Zenpollen. We wish to start trading, we are very interested in your pearls, we can export luxury goods such as cotton and cotton products, olive oil and wine.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

audigex wrote:The map lock/unlock system is there to stop two people accidentally modifying the map at the same time, and having to mash them together, especially if the changes conflict.

Essentially, post "MAP LOCK" in a post when you are going to edit. Nobody else then touches the map until you post "MAP UNLOCK" (usually with a new copy of the map). You can put the lock in the same post by editing it, or in a new one if others have replied.

If someone else has posted MAP LOCK without a subsequent MAP UNLOCK, don't edit the map until they unlock it again. Occasionally someone may lock the map and forget to unlock it - if so, wait a reasonable amount of time and post on the thread, and people will eventually decide to rescind the lock to keep the game going
Sorry about that first of all.

There is, however, a portion of the rules that takes care of that (or we just made up a rule). Basically if you lock for map changes then you have 2 hours or else it's voided.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

The Kingdom of Londinium is slowly advancing technologically. However, the presence of the much more technologically advanced United Islands off of the north coast is making King William I nervous. He has started to mobilise troops, ready to defend the country against a possible invasion from the United Islands.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Zakos wrote: We can offer our two pence on the resources of the area, and we would be happy to trade with you as we have come across large ore deposits ourselves.
We welcome your experts to our kingdom. We are looking forward to find out about possible deposits in our territory.

Kingdom of Gozon Basin is bringing it's army to 16th century

When The Kingdom was founded in 1555, all tribe leaders had their own armies with various amounts of training and equipment. Some of them were modern with armor, swords and horses but some of them were pretty ancient. Now King has issued plan where whole army will be brought to modern day and also training and tactics will be unified through kingdom. Since our Kingdom has feudal system, every leader can have their own army and these armies will be united incase there is threat that will require response from national level. Smaller conflicts can be dealt only with troops and Lord that happens to own area conflict is nearest to.

We are also looking forward to buying iron ore for some time before our own mining industry gets started which may still take some years. We need iron ore for modernization of our army's equipment.

---

Love the idea of KSP planets !
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Emperor Jake wrote:Galileo and Copernicus
I wanted those... :P

---

MAP UNLOCKED
Year check (posted on map): 1570 as of 2 March, 2015

With the addition of the confirmed resources in the North and West, expansion has increased the reach of the nation. New trade routes as well as connections to other Caspian territories have been finalized and the kingdom has entered an era of prosperity. We will look to the West for more opportunities to flourish and all trades are welcome, as we have plentiful iron ore, lumber, and now refined iron available.

---

@Gozon- Iron ore will be included in our trades until we can determine where you may be able to mine for it yourselves. We have officially begun trade with your nation, as confirmed on the map.

@Jake- Check your PMs.
Attachments
NationsGame_1570.png
(275.43 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Ok, thanks for the clarification! and hello to all fellow nations :D
Map Locked Unlocked
---------------
Drovor Republic: 1570

Population: 251,000 (^8%
Army Size: 62,000
5 year production: 13 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
1 thousand tons of iron ore, 5 thousand tons of stone, 4 thousand tons of fish. Total: 27,000 tons (^100%
Regional trade: 18 thousand tons (10 by road, 8 by sea) (^100%
International trade: Import; 3 thousand tons (^100%) Export; 3 thousand tons (^100%)
---------------

The Republic has accepted the Kingdom of Medditeriania's request for trade. We will be accepting low amounts of cotton as we have them in abundance. Seaside pearls will be exported, as they are of very little use to the Republic at current. Olive oil is something we are very interested in obtaining and to an extent, wine. We are also offering to export the exotic fruits found in the rainy parts of the valley where small forests grow to Medditerania and the rest of the world if they like.

We are also interested in the Zenpollen Principality for trade opportunities. We are offering our special cotton goods and vast surplus of foods in return for iron ore to research new naval designs. We admire the fast prosperity of the Zenpollen peoples and would like to offer any assistance against sea pirates, as we have discovered a colony along the route of a trade link.

We also propose a trade link to Caspia to import Caspian wood (our wood reserves have all been used up) and export our food goods and cotton.

Land claims have extended along the Drovor River to its branch further north. Many settlements have been claimed by agreement with the native peoples of the plains, which have already done so as their fellow tribes to the south did upon establishment. We have also sent workers to the west to survey for minerals with successful prospects. 5 more years will be needed before a majority mineral is established and a mine is operational. The cold, frigid mountains to the slight north has made establishment here difficult and restricted to the coast. Many new towns have also appeared in the warm plains valley, with new roads build from the stone gathered in mines.

Conflict has occured with the eastern tribes, which have refused to join the republic and its great services. They live in the mountains east of the republic, where our interests occur for mining and a new main port.

Backbone of the Republic's industry and national animal :P
Attachments
NationsGame 1570.png
(427.03 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Dr. Mango wrote: Population: 251,000 (^8%
5 year production: 13 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
1 thousand tons of iron ore, 5 thousand tons of stone, 4 thousand tons of fish. Total: 27,000 tons (^100%
International trade: Import; 3 thousand tons (^100%) Export; 3 thousand tons (^100%)
---------------
Do you think this is useful info that other players may report? It makes it easier for us to keep track of country stats and can add future ones such as currency value, military units produced, etc. whatever desired

I know it may be time-consuming, so I am just asking for opinion about it, as a useful reference option if there is time for one to fill it out :)
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Although not much has been heard from the Holy Bretonnian Empire due to mostly internal matters the new Empress has now proclaimed that the Kushan tribes of the Chorrare are under Bretonnian protection, while the nomads of the lands south of the Great mountains are to be civilized to Bretonnian standard.
Meanwhile Bretonnian traders have set up a few settlements on the north eastern shore of the Bretonnian sea.
Attachments
Nations Game.png
(284.73 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Sorry everyone, I'll be away until the end of the month (so exceeding 4 week likely) - not seriously going unconnected, just occupied with some RL activity. Just assume that my country now starts to explore more of the northern island, getting into the southern continent, no expansion nor contraction, and also researching on animal behavior and trait at most...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Dr. Mango wrote:Ok, thanks for the clarification! and hello to all fellow nations :D
Map Locked Unlocked
---------------
Drovor Republic: 1570

Population: 251,000 (^8%
---------------

The Republic has accepted the Kingdom of Medditeriania's request for trade. We will be accepting low amounts of cotton as we have them in abundance. Seaside pearls will be exported, as they are of very little use to the Republic at current. Olive oil is something we are very interested in obtaining and to an extent, wine. We are also offering to export the exotic fruits found in the rainy parts of the valley where small forests grow to Medditerania and the rest of the world if they like.

We are also interested in the Zenpollen Principality for trade opportunities. We are offering our special cotton goods and vast surplus of foods in return for iron ore to research new naval designs. We admire the fast prosperity of the Zenpollen peoples and would like to offer any assistance against sea pirates, as we have discovered a colony along the route of a trade link.

We also propose a trade link to Caspia to import Caspian wood (our wood reserves have all been used up) and export our food goods and cotton.

Land claims have extended along the Drovor River to its branch further north. Many settlements have been claimed by agreement with the native peoples of the plains, which have already done so as their fellow tribes to the south did upon establishment. We have also sent workers to the west to survey for minerals with successful prospects. 5 more years will be needed before a majority mineral is established and a mine is operational. The cold, frigid mountains to the slight north has made establishment here difficult and restricted to the coast. Many new towns have also appeared in the warm plains valley, with new roads build from the stone gathered in mines.

Conflict has occured with the eastern tribes, which have refused to join the republic and its great services. They live in the mountains east of the republic, where our interests occur for mining and a new main port.

Backbone of the Republic's industry and national animal :P

There are rumours that the Moken has died in suspicious circumstances, and his offsprings are in disagreement on who to receive your envoys. More to update as soon as the situation becomes clear.
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Map Locked Unlocked
---------------
Drovor Republic: 1575

Population: 256,000 (^2%)
Army Size: 95,000 (^35%)
5 year production: 16 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
1 thousand tons of iron ore, 5 thousand tons of stone, 5 thousand tons of fish. Total: 31,000 tons (^13%)
Regional trade: 21 thousand tons (11 by road, 10 by sea) (^14%)
International trade: Import; 3 thousand tons (0%) Export; 4 thousand tons (^25%)
---------------

The Republic of Drovor continues to attempt to talk with the mountain tribes on the eastern border, although this has failed. Conflict is brewing, and the republic has enlisted thousands more troops in defense.

The Republic also awaits confirmation for the proposed trade routes, and is delighted to hear acknowledgement from the Zenpollen government, although we praise Moken for his contributions in creating the Principality, he will be remembered after his death. We would also like to open trade with the Kingdom of Londinium, which we have newly found about with joint expeditions with other kingdoms. Although, the Emperor is unaware of resources in Londinium and is unsure about the profits of this 3rd proposed link.

We recently have prospected the 2 potential new mining areas in the icy footholds of the lower Benys mountains, which has recently been claimed. An expedition team has climbed one of the peaks and local army managed to capture a region in the mountains which we will further wait to prospect. Dangerous animals have been reported but no humans are seen!
Attachments
NationsGame_1575.png
(433.36 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

What's with the incorrectly-colored trade routes?

Return to “Forum Games”