The Nations Game Mk.III

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Starting year and timerate?

Poll ended at 28 Feb 2015 06:12

Year 0, 1 day = 25 years until 1500
13%
Year 1500, 1 day = 5 years until 1800
63%
Year 1800, 1 day = 2 years, 1 week = 2 years from 1900
No votes
Year 1900, 1 week = 2 years
25%

Total votes: 8

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: The Nations Game Mk.III

Post by Pilot »

I'm announcing the fact that our nation is now able to defend itself against the nearby threat of the United Islands. We have no intention to wage war at this moment.

Also, the only nation that we are currently aware of is the United Islands, so I don't believe our nations have met yet.
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

The country is trying to extend to the north but the troops are encountering resistance.

The Emperor Paul I has died during this expedition. Emperor Paul II took his place.

(I can't update the map for the moment, I will do it later)
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Drovor Republic: 1605

Population: 318,000 (+4%)
Army Size: 70,000 (0%)
5 year production: 23 thousand tonnes of livestock, vegetables, grain and cotton;
1 thousand tons of iron ore, 3 thousand tons of stone, 4 thousand tons of fish. Total: 31,000 tons (-9%)
Goods Production: 9 thousand tons of Clothing, 5 thousand tons of Furniture parts. Total: 14,000 tons (0%)
Regional trade: 21 thousand tons (8 by road,13 by sea) (+4%)
International trade: Import; 15 thousand tons (+20%) Export; 16 thousand tons (+6%)
---------------------------------

The Drovor Republic, is now at war with the Sea pirates. In the agreement with Moken, the growing navy will protect the merchant ships.
Currently, the Drovorian Naval Yards in Osthagen and Drofhagen has build 12 corvette class warships, each at 40 ft long but at a light weight for speed. Their design is streamlined thanks to the 10 years delay to their introduction, and are shaped for speed! They can hit up to 28 knots in the latest test. Each boat features one catapult capable of mid-sized rock pelting. Enough to sink the average pirate ship! Bear with my history, I bet there never was catapults on ships :P

A cross section diagram is to be released next year to the public and allies..

Also, the numerous people living in the towns lining the south and western parts of the Lower Benys mountains woke up to an unpleasant surprise.
"I awoke to find the doorway off its hinges and a big crack down main street! Before I woke up, I dreamt I was inside the devil's tummy!"
Violent shaking occured in the early morning hours in the region. So far, roads have been closed and it is confirmed that the roads leading to the western iron ore mine up in the mountains has been destroyed by a landslide and the "opening of the earth". Although not severely impacting anyone down below, at least 500 mine workers are suspected dead and at least a few thousand injured. The injuries in the towns are just 800.

@all-I am likely going to write up a tsunami next turn from *surprise*. if from the indicated areas, who would it effect? I could guess Haneda and perhaps a bit of Zenpollen, though lightly.
Attachments
NationsGame 1605.png
(356.93 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

@Pilot- Maybe I'll randomly come across you in the next few decades :P

@Everyone- There's a new thread for miscellaneous decisions, firstly the names of the continents. It can lie dormant for a while until we need it in the future.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=72735

Map Unlocked
Attachments
NationsGame_1610.png
(298.28 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

Yes, hello all!

The capital, Atiko, has been renamed to Hansai! Han is in everything.
New roads have been built between the centers and ports too! Mountains have been a problem..and ice.
The Haneda Empire is not open for foreign trade ATM.

@Zakos: The Great Haneda Empire looks forward to not be discovered for the next 100 years, as long as it takes! :twisted:
@Mango; I am not getting naturally wrecked this early in the game :(
Attachments
Nations_Game2.png
(442.11 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Tschüß!
Dr. Mango
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. Mango »

Cya, I am going off for this week. Don't invade me..and don't try to send "missionaries" here !
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

MAP LOCK

MAP UNLOCKED
====

Another 25 years passed.

The fourth Moken died in 1617 (reigned for 34 years), and the transaction is much more orderly this time. The Moken succeeded him reigned for another 15 years before abdicating in 1632 citing ill health, apparently wanting to pass the power to future generations more robustly. So it's a 6th Moken looking over the land now.

Zenpollen mainland prospered being in the middle of the trade route between Drovor and Caspia, but the population growth on the Northern landmass was slower, probably because of the constant struggle with the pirates -- and nomadic bandits -- further north in the desert. It's become long enough that a pejorative term -- "the Verds" -- was invented to name these pesky dudes.

The Southern seas had not been actively pursued, but things changed in 1633 a few navy ships ran a bit far chasing a pirate-like vessel. With information from captured pirates, they quickly gained knowledge of a huge, yet elusive, landmass deep south. As such, they found some small islands scattered in the sea, and set up small settlements, intended as supply points for future explorations.

As a side note, the three constituent tribes of Zenpollen have different governed lands. The Zenos got the Northern landmass and looked over Northwestern mines; The Pols were in charge of the Western island and the two major trade routes, while the Ellens were responsible for anything to the South. Zenpollen proper is equally divided among the tribes.
----

Estimated population of Zenpollen: 1.3 million
(Zenpollen proper 600k, Northern landmass 400k, Western island 200k, Northwestern mines 100k)
Attachments
NationsGame3_1635.png
(298.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

It's gonna be 1645 today unless someone thinks we should backtrack because we were away. Any thoughts?

(I'll add something to the map later)
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

We are so close to the exciting heavy industry, there is no turning back now ! :P Map Update: The Hanedan Empire has expanded slightly in the west on the new arctic grounds; prospects have found silver and zinc in thiscold elevated area.

Meanwhile, new ports and roads are built connected the formerly isolated districts that were once independent states which waged war at each other. Thanks to unification, many rare minerals and plenty of seafood are able to circulate the empire. Cold climate prevents farming but animals are still captured and kept for raising.
Attachments
nationsgame.PNG
(360.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tschüß!

Return to “Forum Games”