The Name the Station game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
fishquinn
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

The Name the Station game

Post by fishquinn »

Here is another idea for a game.

The idea is that the person whose turn it is has to think of a station that can be identified from a set of ambigious clues. The clues must get progressively easier as each turn progresses, until five clues have been given. If someone has given the correct answer to one of the clues (even if it is the 5th), the person who given the correct answer would have to do a new clue. If no-one gets the answer after 5 clues the person that made the clues in the first place has to post a different lot of clues for a different station. Also please note that the only countries aloud in this game are England, Scotland and Wales.

For London Waterloo for instance:

(1) I am in the former Network South East area (not very helpful at all)
(2) I am served exclusively by South West Trains (better but still pretty hopeless)
(3) Class 455s can be seen in service here (reasonable)
(4) I am also served by plentiful longer-distance stock (one of a few now)
(5) I am managed by Network Rail (can only be Waterloo)

If you have any queries, don't hesitate to contact me!

And lastly, please be honest! If someone guesses your station at the first time of asking, own up to it! Don't deliberately change your station to make it harder.

To start I will put in this one.
This station is north of Banbury.
Last train traveled.
D 5061 NYMR. Traveled from Goathland-Pickering.

Return to “Forum Games”