The Nations Game MkII

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Which Map should be used?

YNM's most recent entry
33%
Zakos' most recent entry
11%
Emperor Jake's work in progress
56%

Total votes: 9

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game MkII

Post by Zakos »

Holy crap, I've got a lot of catching up to do. I don't even remember what my governing system was :lol:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

L.A. Noire Fan wrote:
@USA (L.A.): Did you see our order for 70 4-4-0 American's?
We already sent them off to you. Did you not get the message?
Oh, yes we did, our apologies, seems that someone was sleeping when the message came and forgot to open it.
Katve wrote:@A321Pilot: We would like to order one of each model and test them alongside US locomotives and then we will decide which one will be our next main locomotive.
Very well, they shall be sent by ship to Los Angeles for you to evaluate there.

------

Breaking News!!!
The Argentine Democratic Party, have won the recent election by a 6 vote margin. Led by Sergio Araujo, the part will take over in March, with Mr. Araujo becoming the first president of the nation, which is also set to see a name change, to Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata (United Provinces of the River Plate), or more simply La Plata.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

News from the Midwest
The nation plans on expanding its rail network. With the economic boom from latter decade having subsided, experts and corporations search for a new way to facilitate circulation of currency and success in business and everyday life. "Railroads have always been our second most lucrative scheme, next to steel exports," comments longtime financial advisor Burton Guster.

These lines will be lengthened, in part, in concurrence with new territorial expansions to be made soon; more news later.
SprungGeoduck21
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SprungGeoduck21 »

Hi. Yeah. Me here. Haven't been on in forever. Just delete mah place. Don't care anymore. Kay bye.
When life gives you lemons, you take advantage of the ECS lemon vector!
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

@L.A. you realize that red is a road color, not a rail color, right?

---

The nation has made large strides toward the North, now claiming territory on the Hudson Bay. It has been stated that there are intentions to make a link with the Alaskan territory via the sea in order to mine for gold and other commodities.

A new company has been founded! Standard Oil, conceived by James D. Rockbottom, has made claims on a number of high-yielding oil wells up in the Northern Territory. Further investigation is underway.
Attachments
NationsGameMap.png
(608.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Map Lock
Map Unlocked

An Expansion of La Plata has occurred, with the nation now boasting the entire of the Western Coast of South America. Many see this as a safe guarding for the Pan-American Railway and Highway project, especially as a road has been built the entire way, between Panama and Buenos Aires. However, this region is also known for being very fertile for the Coca Plant, which looks set to make big money on the world stage.

I also changed the name on the key to Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata, to reflect the nations new identity.
NationsGameMap.png
(612.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
D-CHGU
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by D-CHGU »

Katve wrote: We can teach you skill of shipbuilding if you can wait couple of months. We can send ship from West America and get some equipment and personnel who can do it. Another ship will be here in couple of months once we can send it. We need to travel back to our African colony because we need to send message from there because technology here is not advanced enough (Telegraph). Some of crew call this place "paradise on Earth" so they would want to stay here if you will allow them to.
We would greatly appreciate this and wait for your vessel with great anticipation.
We are a simple people, but we strive for more!

Of course, anyone choosing to stay here is welcome to do so, provided they agree to learn and respect our customs and way of life.
This place may be a paradise to you, but to us it is our home. It treats us well, provided we treat it well too, which involves hard work!
Changed my old screenshot-topic into an interactive one ! See here
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Oh yeah, and the Republic of Geoduckia has been removed by request.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

MAP UNLOCKED

Still waiting for Chairman Khan's visits, the Samkokians keep themselves busy by surveying the land between settlements and outposts and put up establishments wherever possible. Bit by bit, the state has become more than a triangle around the south coast of the Aternian continent.

The officials are ecstatic. They petitioned the King to re-define the corners of the triangle (from which the nation's name "Samkok" was determined). According to the proposal, the new "corners" are Hong Kong, Wuchang, and the "Four Rivers" colony set up by their "Most Heroic Explorers" -- Hong and Shi. However, the King held up the idea for the moment, saying that he wanted to make sure the contact to Four Rivers is stable.

To this end, a team set off from Kwelin and established yet another settlement back down on the big river. They call it "Hongshui" (Red water), because the soil made the river water there look red. The people there discovered that it's a very good place to set up water mills because of the powerful water flow there. It seems that with suitable materials, production would be soaring.

Meanwhile, vessels anchoring in Hong Kong brought the news that some nations on the other side of the ocean are drilling for strange materials called "oil". It makes one wonder whether such a material exists in Samkok.

----

The road building project from Four Rivers is ongoing. The westbound team got a message from caravans that Geoduckia has recently collapsed. Upon hearing this, Hong became interested in bringing his horde of beasts (of course including a few tigers) west...
Attachments
NationsGameMap_20131218.png
(459.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Oh... and our new national flag
Oh... and our new national flag
Samkok_flag.png (4.55 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

@L.A. you realize that red is a road color, not a rail color, right?
I beg to differ. Maroon red is a railway color.

Look here for proof.
Attachments
NattionsGane Rail Colors.png
NattionsGane Rail Colors.png (957 Bytes) Viewed 1206 times
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I leave, and suddenly everything changes.
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

@D-CHGU

Our ship with some shipbuilding experts and other crew has arrived. We also have brought some materials to build ship. We will be showing your tribe ship building members, how you build modern sailing ships.

Everybody who will stay will surely became and respect your nation and people. We will take them back to mainland if they become too much trouble.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

An invention by accident!

While making some wires for the KWA railways, a roller wheel has malfunctioned in the Dakar foundry. As a result, of the wires in the coil got broken, resulting in this:

However, as workers started throwing the roll away, a farmer has seen it and bought it to make a first barbed-wire fence.

The product is currently under further development and will be available for export soon.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

In what context will this wire be useful?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Well, the farmer in question has used it successfully to make a fence for his cattle. It's proved to be very effective against wild animals trying to attack his stock.

Also, the military is looking into using it for fencing their encampments and stronghold along the borders.

:P :P :P :P
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
D-CHGU
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by D-CHGU »

Katve wrote:@D-CHGU

Our ship with some shipbuilding experts and other crew has arrived. We also have brought some materials to build ship. We will be showing your tribe ship building members, how you build modern sailing ships.

Everybody who will stay will surely became and respect your nation and people. We will take them back to mainland if they become too much trouble.

Thanks to our new found friends from West America the tribes of Sambesi are truly getting ready for trade.
Our best carpenters have gathered to errect a large hall, large even than the huts of the council, where goods for trading are going to be stacked until they are picked up by a ship or just after arrival.
Also, the first real port has been opened in a traditional ceremony of thanksgiving.

The carpenters have then begun, together with the experts from West America, to construct the first modern vessel of the Tribes:
INSERT SMALL GENERIC SAILING CARGO VESSEL HERE

OT: could someone point me in the direction of what would be realistic considering the epoch and my tech level? I'm not very into ships :wink:

The captain of the West American ship has been kindly asked to grant a few of our tribe passage to the homeland of West America, to act as an emissary of peace and a man of contact to speak for the elders of the Tribes
(Read: ambassador / my country doesn't know this diplomatic talk yet :D )

--------------------

The one of the large rafts that travelled south from our Tribes has travelled very far, much further than any of the tribesmen has gone before. They kept the land on their right side and the rising sun to their left. After a few moons they noticed that the land was still on their right, but the sun was also rising on their right in the beginning of the day. They did not understand this phenomenon and wondered about it.

(Read: they will soon pass the various colonies and the kingdom of West Africa)

--------------------

The other one of the large rafts that met with the strangers who exchanged wood for food and water reached a large village in front of which many strange and large vessels were waiting. When they landed they were greeted with much suspicion until the chief of the raft showed the strangers the token he had received from the captain they traded with on their way.
After this, they were allowed to bring some of the goods they were supposed to trade with ashore.

As a sign of his authority in trading, the chief brought his throne down from the raft and set it up in the middle of the tools, fine cloth and rare woods.
The throne was a magnificent chair made from the finest materials the tribes could gather. The feet were of forged iron and the rest was of the finest woods with traditional carvings. The armrests were made of carved ivory (shameless hint as to what my nation could trade as well) to symolize the reign over the animal kingdom as well.
They so sat there and waited for the other traders to make their offers.
Changed my old screenshot-topic into an interactive one ! See here
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

D-CHGU wrote: As a sign of his authority in trading, the chief brought his throne down from the raft and set it up in the middle of the tools, fine cloth and rare woods.
The throne was a magnificent chair made from the finest materials the tribes could gather. The feet were of forged iron and the rest was of the finest woods with traditional carvings. The armrests were made of carved ivory (shameless hint as to what my nation could trade as well) to symolize the reign over the animal kingdom as well.
They so sat there and waited for the other traders to make their offers.

A large crowd begins to gather around the goods. Women begin flocking and buying the cloth by a (heh) "Boat" load. Local shops and tradesmen begin rushing to buy the wood before it sells out, the furniture made form rare wood could fetch a hefty price back home. A man inquires about the cloth and wood, he states that if they can bring more here, regularly, that he will purchase the lot (to then ship home obviously, eventually you'll be able to ship it to Aternia personally).

What seems to take most of the attention however, is the smooth white arms of the throne, unusual in both style and texture. It had never been seen before, and traders were eager to be the first to find out how to acquire it.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

STATS
Chicagoan State
Demography
Ethnicity: Western European mixed, Chippewa, Algonquin
Population [1870 Census]:
Mainland: 581,310
Burma: 125,936
Africa: 152,545
Caribbean: 29,101
Greenland: 860 (est.)
Total: 889,752
Ethnicity: Western European mixed, Chippewa, Algonquin

Political:
Government: Relaxed Democratic Republic
Capital: Chicago
Council Location: Chicago
Other Major Cities: Madison, Milwaukee, Detroit
Colonies: Burma, Gold Coast, Amazon Delta, Various Caribbean islands, Greenland
Enemies: None (known)

Economic:
Produced: Gold, Iron Ore, Iron, Steel, Copper, Lumber, Wheat, Rubies, Sapphires, Jade
Exports: Iron Ore, Iron, Steel (primary), Copper
Imports: Wines, Tobacco Products, Textiles, Silk, Horses, Tea, Spices

Military: None established; all men are battle-trained for militia duty
Weapons, etc.: 5 adapted Rijekan frigates, 2 firearms for each militia member
Wartime leader: None
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Ethnicity: Western European mixed, Roanoke/Hatteras, Catawba, Algonquin
Population [1870 Census]:
Mainland: 832,940
South America: 10,655
Caribbean/Central America: 40,001
Total: 1,243,606

Political:
Government: People's Republic
Capital: Roanoke, VA
Council Location: Greensboro, NC
Other Major Cities: Charleston, New Orleans, Kansas City, Anchorage, Seattle, Vancouver, Memphis, Nashville, Boston, New York
Colonies: Cuba, Central America, South America
Enemies: None (known)

Economic:
Produced: Gold, Iron Ore, Iron, Steel, Copper, Lumber, Wheat, , Cannons, Muskets, Wine, Tobacco, Cotton, Tea
Exports: Iron Ore, Iron, Steel , Copper, Railroad locomotives/rolling stock (US Mainland Only) (primary)
Imports: Textiles, Silk, Horses, Spices

Military:
6 Horseback Cavalry Platoons (400 men per Platoon)
4 700-man Army Regiments (Each man armed with one Winchester Repeating Rifle (6 round mag) and 1 Colt 6-Shot Revolver)
17 Battle-worthy Frigate-class Ships
1 Ironclad Frigate (SS Roanoke)
State-militia: All men are battle-trained for militia duty
Weapons, etc.: 5 adapted Rijekan frigates, 2 firearms for each militia member
Wartime leader: None
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I completely forgot to swear in the new leader after Perkins died :oops:

---