The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thread

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Resolution #19 (NOTE: if you don't play the nations game, please do not vote)

Poll ended at 19 Nov 2012 22:43

Yay
75%
Nay
No votes
White vote
25%

Total votes: 8

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thre

Post by Voyager One »

LNM, you could cast your vote on the poll, you know? :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

I already did, It was Yippe-ki-yay Mother f***
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I wrote:Montanica would like to become a member of the ICN, to become more conscious of global discussions and politics.
And perhaps vote?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Anyone can join but first read the ICN Charter so you know what's this truly about. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

And so I have. Is that it, no induction criteria?
DeletedUser14
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser14 »

It really is that simple. Though officially according to article 3 of the present statute a vote would be required, we have never voted on new members (too much hassle :P )
---

The Dutch Empire welcomes the Montanican ambassador to the ICN and wishes for a prosporous cooporation in the future
Je suis le patron et je vous emmerde!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Kira welcomes Montanica into the ICN.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Thank you. We have also reviewed Resolution #19 and have voted yea.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

The New Government has decided to leave the ICN, as it is not what the Public want. We will however, continue to abide by the Rule regarding Nuclear Weapons.
DeletedUser14
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser14 »

You are still bound by any rule that was issued while you were a member (up to and including #19), due to the Pacta sunt servanda principal. You are however not bound by any new resolutions. Also the nuclear weapons thing was not only an obligation by the ICN, but also because of a treaty you signed with us (the Dutch Empire) and Kira, in order to expand your territory in Asia.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

We shall still abide by all the rules upto #18 that was passed whilst we were member, however, as #19 has not been passed yet, we feel we cannot be forced to abide by it.
DeletedUser14
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser14 »

Poll ended at Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm

I just haven't updated this thread yet
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Oh, Haha, OK, we shall abide by #19 as well then.
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

The Aternia Parliament hands a case over to the ICJ, it reads:

Aternias governing body's have come to the decision to bring Corsh to the ICJ for:

1) Illegal expansion
2) Illegal profiteering

The Case

1.1 Illegal actions

It is believed that Corsh has preformed 2 illegal actions, that of expansions and of profiteering.

reasons:

1) The Global community was not informed. - During the Corsh expansion, the country has taken large amounts of land with little acknowledgement to it. This was shown during the initial take over of Mexico, in which a small part of Mexico was taken, a long with Cuba and the surrounding islands, the message given during this take over of a massive area was "
Expansion in Africa and in Caribbean/Mexico"
. This message, was the only information the world got about the expansion into a massive area on the globe. There was not vote, no statement about moving troops, of supplys, or materials, or aid, merely a statement explaining an expansions.

However more shockingly, was the Full expansion into a large area of Mexico, which was done with this message
SURPRISE!!!
Corsh Troops from Cuba have made a surprise beach landing in Jamaica, catching the Canad'ohan army by surprise and wiping out approx 40% of their army before they managed to react, they are currently dug in outside the beach-head, awaiting more reinforcements and a potential Dutch offensive
(maplock whilst i add it to map)
During this attack on Canad'oh, Corsh actually expanded into Mexico without even a word mentioned to the global word, this suggests that it was done with Military means rather than political (The expansion post was O/T, stated in a map update post, which cannot be included as on topic reporting, was it would be odd to state you had updated a map...)

This comment to the world, stated no where that they had expanded into Mexico, but simply appeared there. This suggests an illegal expansion that was not agree'd to by the country, this is proven in the fact that no other country knew about the expansion, and it was done during an attack on Jamaica.

It is then our belief, that Corsh expanded into Mexico using the same boats used to drop troops off on Jamaica, making the Corsh expansion into Mexico an Invasion, not an expansion.

This means that Corsh expanded into Mexico as a military tactic, not a political one, meaning that the overall expansion was a means of profiteering from Mexico illegally.

2) Illegal profiteering of Mexico and its people. - The reason the word illegal has been used, is due to the fact that every nation profits from the territory they have gained, HOWEVER the profits gained from these areas, are also used to improve a better the lives of people in those areas. This means that if a country takes territory, that they must bring with it government in order to take from it. This means that the people in those areas and treated respectfully, given fair standards and money in return from the country ruling, taking from them, however we feel this is not the case.

Firstly, Corsh expanded without informing other nations, and did so during a military attack. This suggests that the area taken was not planned to be taken as a means of economic stability and bringing government to a area without it, but used in military advancement.

During the initial expansion into the small part of mexico, Corsh stated that it was unable to purchase robots, because:
Since we are still quite a poor nation, we do not see the need nor the resources for purchasing robots
our loyal soldiers are just as good apparently
Yet later, they went to to state when questioned by us, that they were bringing power and housing to Mexico. We fail to see how a nation that is poor, has the funds firstly the expand, and secondly to improve on a nation? Bringing government to that area would require massive funds, into the billions or even trillions, yet they can afford this, but previously could not even afford simple robots? We believe Corsh has firstly lied about its financial motives, and is actually illegally tapping Mexico dry of resources without bringing a return to the land. This is the only reason why we can still see them staying in an area, which should in theory financially cripple them.

Secondly, we believe them to be profiteering through means of able bodies. Corsh stated during the Cand'oh attacks, that at least 20% of its population was soldiers, not in the army, but actually fighting men and women. Again, we fail to see/understand how a nation which stated it was poor, has the ability to afford to pay 20% of its population to have a job with no return rate. Corsh even went as far to state that people join the army, because it is the better paying job.

Using simple maths and a standard number system:

Average wage = $8,000

If a solider is above average, that means it must be above 8,000, possible 10,000.

Average wage is set by several determining factors, the main been country's income. If a country has a large income, it has a bigger average wage, poorer country's have a lower average wage, also set by how much the hiring company's make. This means that if a solider has a high wage then a worker, then the factory's either do not pay fairly, or that they do not bring in a large amount of money.

So, by that simple logic, a highly paid solider, means that most of the country's money is actually going to there wages (again, if average wage is low, and a government paid job is high, then the country's income must be low, but with high expenses to government areas).

So if 20% of the country is paid more than the 80% of the country, and that 20% make nothing, then the country is actually spending around 30-40% of its budget for wages, on 20% that have no return. Which means that 40% of the money invested into wages, just disappears, as they are not in a job which financially benefits the country.

That been said, there are only 2 logical outcomes:

A) The country is a few years away from become a economic hazard, spending more then it brings in, or

B) The country does not pay a lot of its soldiers.

If a poor country, which Corsh stated to the world it was, can afford to pay soldiers a high wage, as well as have a high percent of soldiers, then it therefore must be losing massive amounts of its government budget on soldiers alone, which means it should have the budget to actually take land, that is, unless it did option B.

We believe Corsh is actually using its high military recruitment, to go into poor areas such as Africa, Cuba, and Mexico, a force people into the army. This would mean that out of the areas they take, they are not spending money on soldiers, and are getting returns in forced labor and extortion. This is the only logical conclusion.

Simply put, the expansion does not make LEGAL sence

A country which:

A) Has a massive military
B) Pays the military above average wages
and
C) Stated it was poor

Cannot possibly expand unless 1 of the following are met:

A) The country heads for economic disaster, having zero money its in economy and been serverly in debt to other nations.
B) Does not pay its soldiers
C) Taps dry territory it has taken for resources, leaving the people there with nothing.

We beleive that both B and C are true in the case of Mexico, and possibly other territory such as Cuba and smart parts of Africa. I they are not, then A must be true, in which case we again ask them to leave Mexico to ensure they do not bring down an area which is self sufficient, with their country's debt.

We also argue that not once did any of the areas Corsh claimed hold a vote, or speak in the global world about benefits, Corsh has acted as there voice, this is why we feel these nations have been oppressed by Corsh and we want to see them leave.

In conclusion, we want:

Corsh to leave Mexico and possibly Cuba.

Corshs leaders to be brought before the ICC if found guilty of exploiting Mexico and Cuba.
Last edited by Last_Ninja_Monk on 18 Dec 2012 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

I refusse to join the ICN until this degenerate is removed or this whole case is proved ridiculous
We are caring people who feel a need to defend others should things get hairy with other nations, like yours.

We have already pointed out our army intake has dropped substantially, and our tank production has been cut furiously
We refuse to leave Mexico and Cuba now matter how much you fabricate about our growth
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:So if 20% of the country is paid more than the 80% of the country, and that 20% make nothing, then the country is actually spending around 30-40% of its budget for wages, on 20% that have no return. Which means that 40% of the money invested into wages, just disappears, as they are not in a job which financially benefits the country.
Sounds like Croatia! HAHAHA!!! :lol:
---

OK, seriously now...

The Kiran Ambassador to the ICN has examined these allegations closely and he thinks there IS a case here, however, all documents have been sent to Madras for further examinations.
---
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jacko wrote:I refusse to join the ICN until this degenerate is removed or this whole case is proved ridiculous
We are caring people who feel a need to defend others should things get hairy with other nations, like yours.

We have already pointed out our army intake has dropped substantially, and our tank production has been cut furiously
We refuse to leave Mexico and Cuba now matter how much you fabricate about our growth

Again, this comment only strenghtens our case. Any innocent nation would prove evidence, yet each time they have been accused, they simply stated they care about people, this is not a defence and pointing fingers at other nations rather then answering the questions only proves a point!

Also, a "drop in intake" doesnt argue against 20%, infact it actual proves it more. If you a recruiting by 100 people per week, and that drops, it still means your recruiting, maybe just 50 a week, but slowly over time, 20% becomes 21%. No recruiting would mean the number decreased slowly via retirement and other factors, but if recruiting goes down, it still means its increasing
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

you do of course forget that overall population can increase as well
it has dropped to 18% now anyway
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

18% is still massively high.
@ Voyager - 100 people per week isnt that rediculous - about what the UK does IRL I think
DeletedUser14
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser14 »

The Dutch Empire agrees with Kira and Aternia, there may be a case here and if the Corsh Empire claims it's ridiculous it should bring the case before the ICJ to prove so.

Return to “Forum Games”