The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thread

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Resolution #19 (NOTE: if you don't play the nations game, please do not vote)

Poll ended at 19 Nov 2012 22:43

Yay
75%
Nay
No votes
White vote
25%

Total votes: 8

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thre

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

We consider the matter to be closed. (9 country's, 4 votes for B/C with Wildebeestia most likely voting B, plus its been about 2 years now)

4 votes have been cast, 3 for B, 1 for C, 5 white vote's (we cant wait forever). The verdict is settled.

(We'll leave either Kasper or Voyager to render what should happen now).
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I need to be listed as a non-member now, but as Britain (not 'The New British Empire')
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Last_Ninja_Monk wrote:(We'll leave either Kasper or Voyager to render what should happen now).
Well, IMO, the ICN should make a resolution on this and I'd prefere LNM to make it as he's the one who has initiated this. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

well we all know whats going to happen now :roll:
im just going to add those lands provide 60% of our food supply
therefore we require food supplies or we refuse to leave
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Res 20#?

International Council of Nations,

CONSIDERING That the ICN has voted against Corsh

REQUESTS That Corsh removes itself from areas illegally taken

DEFINES areas illegally taken as Mexico, Caribbean islands, Kenya, Ethiopia and part of the Sudan

AWARE That withdrawal from these areas takes time

SUGGESTS that Corsh should be removed from:

Mexico/Caribbean islands within 1 year.

Kenya within 2 years

Ethiopia within 3 years

Sudan within 3 years.

REQUESTS That a military force be used in the event that Corsh fails to leave these areas within the allotted time.
(Im not good and making Resolutions :| )

Aternia believes that once Corsh goes down in size by around 50%, that your food supply's should be enough to support yourself. Corsh can always remove some of its military budget to purchase food from other country's.

Aternia also believe's that due to Res 20, if Corsh does not show immediate signs of withdrawal from Mexico, then we will use military force to ensure you do leave.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

first of all
we already have cut our military budget to about 1/20th the size it was before
secondly if we withdraw from all those areas, our only remaining land would be our leader's back garden!
thirdly we feel it is too rapid a withdrawal, and our country will be forced into a collapse and make living conditions WORSE if you implement this ridiculous ruling, simply because we would have no resources apart from a small patch of desert.
therefore imposing these orders would only hinder our country and our people rather than help.

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Yet it only took you 1 year to move into Mexico and the Caribbean. This would reduce your size by around 40%, we merely care about Mexico and the Caribbean island, however Wildebeestia has expressed their displeasure at your involvement in the African tribe-lands.

You have 1 year to remove yourself from Mexico and The Caribbean. We will be there in 1 month to see the withdrawal taking some sort of shape. Put your case forward to the ICN about Your African territory, but as far was Aternia is concerned, you are leaving Mexico within the next few months, either by boat, or by coffin.

If you feel you will be financially worse off for this, we suggest that it would have happened anyway due to your expansion, merely another reason for you to be removed from these areas before you cause and economic crisis. (Taking land is not cheap, but leaving it is a hell of a lot cheaper than keeping it, see Britannia's ruling over India etc).

As for hindering your people, the ICN is more concerned about the hindering you did with your slavery and forced military expansion. The hindering of your people, is merely karma.

Pray we do not have to remove you by force, or you will see what hindering is.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

and your slanted views
your twisted opinions
your biased beliefs and actions

we fail to understand how a council with reputation has fallen into his cage of lies and devious acts. We expanded peacefully, and nobody bashed an eyelid, but as soon as this lot see someone who could advance to be more powerful than them, hey simply lie and cheat to remove them as a threat.

This isn't about the people, its our nation as a whole, and our army, as they always have done, with their will and beliefs, will stand against yours if you think you can wipe us away.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jacko wrote:and your slanted views
your twisted opinions
your biased beliefs and actions

we fail to understand how a council with reputation has fallen into his cage of lies and devious acts. We expanded peacefully, and nobody bashed an eyelid, but as soon as this lot see someone who could advance to be more powerful than them, hey simply lie and cheat to remove them as a threat.

This isn't about the people, its our nation as a whole, and our army, as they always have done, with their will and beliefs, will stand against yours if you think you can wipe us away.

You were given several warnings from nations before it was brought to the ICN. When hit with facts, you simply claimed slander, rater than bringing fourth evidence.

Who is the ICN to believe, when 1 nation provides cold hard facts against you, and you simply state "no we didn't". You had 3 years to provide evidence, or argument, or even begin removals. You ignored every request, every threat, every action and now it came to this point in time where you are not prepared.

Well it is too late, although you have 1 year to remove yourself from mexico, you had actually been given around 2 years during this hearing to remove yourself, as well as around 2 years before that. Not only that, you managed to expand quickly into these areas without any reason/warning other then stating "This is ours now" yet now we ask you to remove yourself, suddenly its all "too sudden".

Let me ask you, what is longer, 2 years of warning, a 2 year trail and 1 year to actually remove yourself, or the 1 year it took you to expand AGAIN from Africa to Mexico?

They did not fall into our cage of lies, but in fact walked into our Library of facts. Evidence was given, maths, simple number crunching was provided, yet your defense was "we did not". The council are educated individuals, that vote on facts, not on 1 mans statement of "we are innocent". If you truly were innocent, then you had 2 years during this trail to prove it, yet not 1 piece of evidence was given to back your claims.

But now of course, your "innocent", now the trail is over you'll have evidence. Its too late, you had 2 years to provide at-least 1 legitimate defense and you failed to do so.

Again, you have 1 month before an Aternian Rep from the ICN visits Mexico to see how the withdrawal is going, if we fail to see any sign that you have begun to remove yourself, we will return with an army to liberate the area.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Kiran Ambassador to the ICN:

"As we see it, it's not a matter of 'peaceful expansion' or 'occupation' any more. Aternia has presented a case in front of the ICN and Corsh has failed to present any clear evidences that would show their 'innocence', if I can use this word.

Our view is that any nation is entitled to a peaceful expansion based on democratic processes which involve local populations. We have not seen this in the case of Corsh in Mexico as we have not be presented with any evidences that would unquestionably say it was a peaceful democratic process. Therefore, we have determined that it was a violation of basic human rights and the process *could* be even borderline called an occupation.

However, as I've said, this has gone far beyond this latter. Corsh has simply decided not to respect a legal and civilized way of creating a solution. Corsh has either witheld evidences or, as we believe it, there are no evidences to support their claims. Once again, the only acceptable way to do things on a global scale is by strictly observing laws and regulations and we will oppose any other attempts.

Let me give you an example from Kira. After the Kiran-USRV war, we have not occupied the Mediterranean mid-eastern regions, Anatolia and the Bosporus. The Kiran government has seen these areas of strategic value for Kira, we have offered several benefits to local populations and authorities and eventually organized referendums for their decision to join or not. Fortunately for both sides involved, they have accepted our proposal for joining and now both sides enjoy mutual security, financial, development and progress benefits. On the other hand, several populations in the middle and northern Arabia have decided they are better left alone and we respect their wishes while still having good relationships with them.

We can only hope that other countries and regions in the world can find mutual grounds to allow more people into these 'betterment' areas."
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

We hope that the ICN stands behind any action we take to ensure that Mexico and the Caribbean are withdrawn from properly *Within a degree*
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

Wildebeestia will support any action (within reason) taken by Aternia to remove, Corsh from mexico, and offer any assistance we can, If they will reciprocate in Africa.

OT - for the avoidance of doubt, should someone do a map of where corsh should be (then maybe we can have a nice war or 2 to put them there :-) )
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

This is what we believe the map should look like:
new map.png
(115.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
(It was a quick 2 second job, just to show a basic outline)
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

You appear to have missed a few bits that were requested in Africa. I'll do one to show africa as well in a bit.
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

That is what we felt, if you feel more that is between you and Corsh. Aternia has shown the land it will expect Corsh to leave.
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

Here is the map showing african land we that we suggest should be given up AS A MINIMUM.
We will be holding plebicites (if the ICN is happy) in areas shown shortly. (pink = withdraw for now, we will hold plebicite.)
The Plebicite will be:
1) Return to Corsh Control
2) Become independantly ruled
3) Come under wildebeestia rule.
new%20map.png
(116 KiB) Not downloaded yet
As I see it, Corsh offers: Not a lot
Self rule offers: Chance to make own decisions, but little ability to carry them out
Wildebeestian Rule offers: Garuenteed Water, Electricity, Internet within 5 years to ALL homes (majority within 1 year). Long running and stable country with decent political clout. Opportunity to self rule (thought not as much as B) due to Wildebeestia allowing local parliaments to make as many decisions as they want.

OT - what should I do about the plebicite? should I just make up a result and announce it, or should there be an official vote, or what. (N.B. - if I announce it I wont do all areas in my favour. I will go about 50% option 3, 45% option 2, and 5% option 1 (by area))

OT - does anyone think Corsh should be allowed to negotiate which land they lose, or should they just revert to where they were a few years ago? Opinions?
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jesus that's a lot of land for them to lose, but also for you to gain.

We feel that you wouldn't be able to offer then everything within 5 years, without bankrupting yourself.

about half of that should still remain Corsh, but even if they do lose it, its a lot of territory to put either a "keep, lose or give to Wildebeestia" poll on.
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

I'm not putting one poll on, I'm putting lots on. I can change the &ages if you want. In principal, every 10,000 people (and the land they reside on) will be given a vote. this means that it will end up slightly blotchy.

BTW, they are loseing a lot of land, but it's only land that they recently gained. Effectively putting them back where they should be if they hadnt overexpanded.

And we can afford it - we do it all by hand, install things above ground (it's cheaper), and we have a large workforce for this kind of thing.
Instead of prison, we make prisoners be useful. So they do this kind of thing. that way, we end up with people with some skills, it costs about the same to keep them (prison is expensive, keeping them in the dessert where they can't escape is less so, so we can pay them to work. They live in large camp sites, in tents. They get paid to work, and they can spend that money at the insite bar/shop. Or they can save it. When they are released, they have money, experience of getting up and going to work, discipline (it is run along military principles, but without the weapons) and some skills.
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ark Royal wrote:I'm not putting one poll on, I'm putting lots on. I can change the &ages if you want. In principal, every 10,000 people (and the land they reside on) will be given a vote. this means that it will end up slightly blotchy.

BTW, they are loseing a lot of land, but it's only land that they recently gained. Effectively putting them back where they should be if they hadnt overexpanded.

And we can afford it - we do it all by hand, install things above ground (it's cheaper), and we have a large workforce for this kind of thing.
Instead of prison, we make prisoners be useful. So they do this kind of thing. that way, we end up with people with some skills, it costs about the same to keep them (prison is expensive, keeping them in the dessert where they can't escape is less so, so we can pay them to work. They live in large camp sites, in tents. They get paid to work, and they can spend that money at the insite bar/shop. Or they can save it. When they are released, they have money, experience of getting up and going to work, discipline (it is run along military principles, but without the weapons) and some skills.

So your prisions are...towns? They go to work, get paid, them spend the money on something they like? What a nice way to treat psychopaths and rapists.
Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

Thats not for the really bad people. They dont get paid much, and they dont have much freedom (i.e. only certain, short amounts of time in the shop)
and it's only for minor offendors. We firmly believe that it is better for people to learn a skill rather than sit in prison for ages. That way they are less likely to reoffend.

Return to “Forum Games”