The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thread

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.

Resolution #19 (NOTE: if you don't play the nations game, please do not vote)

Poll ended at 19 Nov 2012 22:43

Yay
75%
Nay
No votes
White vote
25%

Total votes: 8

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Nations Game - International Council of Nations thre

Post by Voyager One »

OK, OT for full explanation... but after this I'll keep roleplaying only. :wink:

1. Corsh has been accused of illegal expansions and using slave workforce and forcing people into the army.
2. The ICJ opens a case against Corsh.
3. After Aternia presented evidences against for the accusation, Corsh failed to present proper evidences for its defence and the ICJ rules against Corsh demanding a retreat from Mexico and the Caribbeans. Evidences against an alleged Corsh illegal expansion and other crimes in Africa were not sufficient to this part of the case was rejected.
4. Corsh rejects the withdrawal from Mex-Caribbeans.
5. ICN votes a resolution #20 for establishing a military force that would drive Corsh out of Mex-Caribbeans -> war.
6. Assassination in Corsh. New leader. Corsh withdraws from Mexico but not from Caribbeans.
7. Kira and Wildebeestia offer a compromise, letting Corsh have a "transition" period in the Caribbeans after which it will have to prove its good intents and progress or withdraw otherwise.
8. Wildebeestia again claims Corsh "foul-play" in Africa and proposes a resolution #21.
9. Kira opposes the resolution as it has no legal grounds.

Now... Ark, IF Wildebeestia wished to continue this, I suggest you open a case in front of the ICJ and present HARD evidences that will be considered and ultimately voted by players. Otherwise, your actions are basically unilateral and not supported by any laws or rulings or resolutions and they are actually "hostile acts of aggression" or even some kind of crimes and violations of previous ICN resolutions.

As for Corsh, Jacko, you should ACTIVELY "defend" yourself, not just state "I didn't do it." That's APDAF-style and we all know how his things ended. Post about your country's actions in the disputed areas. Post about anything that will show your country doing actual good for those populations.

I can't tell you what to do, you have to be imaginative. Come on! Dump some crap for the amusement of all!!! :lol:

EDIT: Just crossed my mind. If I was Jacko, I'd even try to accuse Wildebeestia of something like "interfering with interal Corsh matters" or "illegaly undermining Corsh sovereignty" or being behind all crimes! Spice things up, after all, the attack is the best kind of defence.
Last edited by Voyager One on 20 Jan 2013 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

I'm recalling the whole Mexico thing.
It's a bit harsh isn't it? I mean what can I POSSIBLY do now without some intervention or complaint by another nation?
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Voyager One wrote:EDIT: Just crossed my mind. If I was Jacko, I'd even try to accuse Wildebeestia of something like "interfering with interal Corsh matters" or "illegaly undermining Corsh sovereignty" or being behind all crimes! Spice things up, after all, the attack is the best kind of defence.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Hmmm
I would like to inquire the size and origins of Wildebeestias Army.
We feel they are not entirely innnocent in their accusal

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

O/T I feel im partly to blame for this.

I requested people to define what was classed under Corsh's illegal expansion, when no body answered, I simply chose Mexico, the Caribbean, then added a small part of Africa.

After Voyager pointed out that it was too much, It was decided that it would just be Africa and the Caribbean. I feel that Ark simply saw the Africa bit, and assumed it was still happening, then expanded on it.

Currently, the Res stands that Corsh must leave Mexico, which they have done, and prove ample evidence that there dealings in the Caribbean are honest (which Aternia didn't vote on, however with everyone busy, its most likely voted for anyway).

@Jacko: The point is, your not defending yourself. Talking Out of character (as Jacko, not a leader) doesn't effect the ICN, which is In character. Imagine if you will, a real life court case, if a lawyer went "you did this this and this" and your defense was "no i didnt" you wouldn't win, plain and simple.

Aternia has several methods of "winning" Cases like this. During the Kira vs Boeing case, we simply killed witnesses. We didnt win, but it was fun to play. During the rebellions, people were shot in the street, yet the ICN saw nothing of this, or nothing we didnt want them to see.
When the Tribesmen threatened our presence in Africa, rather than giving them the land, we simply put automatic turrets down. We didnt invade there land, but we didnt let them close to ours. Eventually we won.

The problem you face Jacko, is your weak. Im not saying this to be harsh, but you are. As a new nation you have no tech, power, or allies. Then you chose to pick a fight with the countrys that were strong. Rather than beating the weak and growing strenght, you attacked the strong and got made weaker.
In boxing you dont fight the heavy weight champion on your first match, you beat the weaker ones, make a name for yourself, then take him on.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Technically the old "me" (speech marks for a reason) was picking fights with as many as possible, but I am fairly willing to co-operate, though you were the first to start threatening with battles and stuff.
but I would generally agree with what you have said >_<
But you have a stronger (real, AFAIK) character and imagination, than I do by a long way.
I admit I am not doing my best (January A-level exams currently), but soon I should be able to channel more thought into what my land does.

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Proposal of Resolution #22
The ICN:
ASCERTAINING that Corsh has already been under investigation for illegal territorial gains and has not fully complied with the previously accepted Resolution #20 and Resolution #21;

ASCERTAINING that Corsh has no legal grounds to demand any part of British territories in the Iberian peninsula;

ASCERTAINING that Corsh has unprovokedly attacked the British territory in the Iberian peninsula;

CONDEMMNES the Corsh attack on British Iberia;

DEMANDS that Corsh removes itself immediately from areas illegally taken in this conflict;

DEFINES areas illegally taken as all British territories in the Iberian peninsula;

AUTHORIZES any foreign military force to impose a no-fly zone over the Iberian area and a no-sail zone over all waters at a range of 200 nautical miles from the Iberian peninsula coast;

AUTHORIZES any foreign military force to aid the British military in the Iberian area if and only if this will be requested by the British military command.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

We would gladly accept any aid/help offered, and would like this to be taken as a request for such.

We also announce that we fully support this resolution.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

assuming I am excluded from this vote, then Britain shouldn't get one either.
And I cannot think of any support coming from elsewhere.

This is my war not yours.

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Jacko, you have the right to vote too.

Kira votes 'yea'.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

ok then
uhhh....... no
but 2v1 isn't really a suitable majority though.
like in politics, just because you win by one seat doesn't mean you instantly rule.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Aternia votes NO.

Britain attacked our Island, without so much as a word or a statement as to what they wanted. They simply claimed they wanted an island that hasnt belonged to them for 60 yeas. They had the chance to buy it, or take it themselves yet didnt, and thus attacked us, rather than seeking diplomatic situations. This is the same kettle of fish, no one offered to aid Aternia, Britain should be able to handle this themselves.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

The reason we attackes the Island was more the threat of Robots so close to our nation. If you don't remember, we were having that Argument about them before the war. The claims about our History were made to the Public to get them behind us even more (effectively brainwashing)
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

A321Pilot wrote:The reason we attackes the Island was more the threat of Robots so close to our nation. If you don't remember, we were having that Argument about them before the war. The claims about our History were made to the Public to get them behind us even more (effectively brainwashing)

And the battle simply landed more Military robots closer to home, and the 30 Billion debt. We hope you have seen the advantage of robotics, perhaps even to purchase some?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

2:2

Since it is needed to have a 2/3rds majority to be approved (OT - and since we don't really have more players in the game) we assume the resolution has been rejected.
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Forum Games”