The Nations Game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: The Nations Game

Post by Pilot »

MAP LOCK
Map Unlocked

Britain attacks Aternian Isle of Man!
Britain has effectively declared war on Aternia, by launching an Attack on the Isle of Man. The Attack was launched in the dead of night with a several Special Ops teams landing in the north and capturing a portion of land up there. Troop loses in this raid were nil, as there was no resistance in the uninhabited North. The teams locations within the island are unknown, but they are known to be camping and protecting what they've got. More troops are expected to make the trip across!

President Adam said this:
"Aternia left us with no choice, we had to prove our point! We will prove to them that they cannot push around the world with Robotics, we are not threatened! The Aternian Congress should be doubting there Chairman! Not supporting him! He is a vulgar leader, who believes that Military force is the only answer, let him try!"
NationsGameMap.png
(962.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Pilot on 23 Feb 2013 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Last_Ninja_Monk »

A321Pilot wrote:MAP LOCK
Map Unlocked

Britain attacks Aternian Isle of Man!
Britain has effectively declared war on Aternia, by launching an Attack on the Isle of Man. The Attack was launched in the dead of night with a several Special Ops teams landing in the north and capturing a portion of land up there. Troop loses in this raid were nil, as there was no resistance in the uninhabited North. The teams locations within the island are unknown, but they are known to be camping and protecting what they've got. More troops are expected to make the trip across!

President Adam said this:
"Aternia left us with no choice, we had to prove our point! We will prove to them that they cannot push around the world with Robotics, we are not threatened! The Aternian Congress should be doubting there Chairman! Not supporting him! He is a vulgar leader, who believes that Military force is the only answer, let him try!"
NationsGameMap.png
Bullson: "Rapscallions! "

*Chairman Bullson sits in is office, suddenly the phone rings*

*Picking up the phone*
Bullson: Yes? Well put him through if its urgent.

*Meanwhile, on the isle of man*

Commander Savage: This is commander savage of missile base 12, we have a code red, British troops have borded the Isle of man sir, its an invasion. The Spartan project heres been scrapped sir, as per your invasion orders, the 30 spartans are returning back ASAP to avoid leaks, 5 have reamined to aid in defenses. Requesting your premission to start the robotic defense measures sir!

Bullson: You have the all clear! Code 2.1.6.8.4-2, red phase.

Savage: may god have mercy sir!

*He hangs up*

*On the isle of man hundreds of soldiers begin to rush about, alarms begin to sound, and key personnel and equipment head towards the chopper bay. 2 Men in a control room run to a large machine and put in a key each and turn, a button pops up and there press it. In the base below, several shutters open revealing large warehouses, with things hanging off long metal poles. Suddenly the items eyes light up, and the MRU's activate, dropping down and marching out*

MRU's: Emergency protocol activated.

*Several hanger doors can be seen opening across the base, with MRU's marching out onto the the base. Suddenly another alarm sounds, and another hanger opens, suddenly growling can be heard and dozens of Jackals run out from the building. They head into a formation out front, until what appears like instructions are given from a control tower, and around 80 jackal units spread out and run off the base in packs.*

Control tower: Ground base this is control tower, activating anti air.

*A large metal box on the ground begins to rumble, suddenly it opens into a spider (the very large anti air and mobile missile defense system)*

*several officers on the ground begin to shout out orders to troops*

Officer: get those crates moved now! This is not a drill, all FOF systems need to be placed, and they need to be placed yesterday! Move!

Officer 2: Get those UAVs prep'd! Those we need troop movements! Get the navy on the line we need anti surface subs around this island! Preventing troops transports is our main concern!

*Back in Aternia*

Officer: Sir missile command is waiting your orders

Bullson: This is not a missile matter! We will defend this island but we will not attack the mainland! We have no need to missiles, unless we want an ICN sanction. Ready the planes, we need to spheres ready for deployment!
Last edited by Last_Ninja_Monk on 23 Feb 2013 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I've sorted it now, Doesn't help when my PC's full of so much crap :lol:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

*Anonymous* :
Idea : Get the robots rooted ! That'll prove even further !
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

In Downing Street:

President: "Get me Dreamland on the phone now and make sure they know who it is!"
Presidents PA: "Yes Sir!"
*Passes the president the phone"
President: "We are at War General, Sierra-Mike-November! We will restrict the fighting for now! We must back up our troops, and get some SM-72's going! Authorisation Whisky-Papa-Whisky-Niner-Golf! We're not letting them run!
*Hangs up*
President: "They have balls fighting us in our own backyard! Get me General Jackson and you can resume your duties"
Presidents PA: "One problem, General Jackson is on holiday!"
President: "Well tell him to get his ass back here as well!"
Presidents PA: "Sir, Yes Sir!"
*Passes President the phone and resumes duties*
President: "General, get your ass into gear or I'll S***can it! We're at war with Aternia, Not a drill, Sierra-Mike-November! Ready your troops!"
*Hangs Up*

------

4 SM-72 Fighters were seen taking off from Dreamland, and several small RIBs have crossed to the Isle of Man. Unknown numbers of British troops have amassed on the Island, and a War is ready to start.

------

O/T - I'll carry this on tomorrow, now for some sleep!
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

I think we may start to get some activity now :D
We are watching closely...
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Overnight, Spec Ops teams launched an attack on parts of the island that is further south, however, with the Aternians now being aware of the British Presence on the Island, it has been a lot more difficult, and the Spec Ops teams have sufferred 13 losses. There has not been any movement of the EB-52 and EB-1 aircraft, but a couple of convention BAC-B-4's have been seen nearing completion and rushing through testing.

Also seen moving have been a couple of Frigates, Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers, which have moved into the Irish Sea.

------
Jacko wrote:We are watching closely...
"IF we deem you to be a threat to our nation, we will not hesitate to attack you, in other words...... STAY OUT OF THIS!"
- President Adam
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

OT - This is TV news, it isn't fully correct although most parts are, the person behind this "event" knows all the truth. LNM and A321, you can confirm it or deny it or use it for roleplay.
---

CNN BREAKING NEWS!

British troops continue their advance on the Isle of Man as they see less and less resistance from Aternian robots. Reportedly, massive numbers of these robots lay around with no power, looking like horrifying tin toys.

A few British soldiers have apparently witnessed moments where these robots suddenly seemed to short-circuit in the middle of the battle and drop powerless to the ground.

Our reporters are unfortunately not allowed to get on the island as it is a war zone but a well-informed source from the British military has commented that "they are dropping like flies"!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Well that will change a few things
though I had (somewhat) a way of defeating robot armies anyway.
A321Pilot wrote:"IF we deem you to be a threat to our nation, we will not hesitate to attack you, in other words...... STAY OUT OF THIS!"
- President Adam
Who says we would shoot at you anyway?

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Fox 43 News

"Good morning, and welcome to Fox 43 News. I'm Cathy Morgan and this is Matthew Roger. Today, the US officially decreed that robots are illegal to use. Anyone caught using any robots at all will be arrested and sentenced to 30 years in jail.

"In other News, a deadly shooting occurred in a 7/11 shop in New Town, Virginia. 3 people were left dead, including one of the robbers. State officials have told everyone to look out for the other robber."

"A deadly railroad crossing accident today. A 45 year old woman was trapped inside of her car when a freight train that was going 65 mph slammed into the driver's side of the car."

Today, President John H. Wilson gave a speech today about he current war between Britain and Aternia.

"Today, the world is totally different than it was before. It seems as if several countries have robots to perform tasks that humans can't. These robots are not worth the price nor the time. What if there was a huge solar flare from the sun that knocked out all of our power for years to come? These robots would not function, and we would be left helpless. America does not want these robots, as the only way humanity will progress into the future is if humanity can defend it's self with it's self, not these robots of Aternia!"

"Now onto the war effort between Britain and Aternia. We, as in humanity, can only survive if robots are not used entirely. We do not support the robots and are, as of now, making them illegal in this country. Currently we pledge our full support to Britain on the current situation. Americans are not uncaring as well. I want to serve the needs of the people, and making robots illegal is the best option at this point. But once gain, I do pledge FULL support to Britain in case of total all-out war.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

@ America - did you ever wipe out those rebels to the North?

L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Yes we did. Sorry, forgot to mention it and include a map. Here is the current map.
:oops:
Attachments
NationsGameMap.png
(960.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

hehe, just checking.

Still your Support could provoke yet more support for Britain, or indeed some or Aternia.
We believe the World is watching this one, and not just our guys. :D

Ark Royal
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Ark Royal »

OK, Afternoon all.

I said I would be back in about 10 days, and here I am (9 days later). Apologies for my absence, I have had various things going on, and havent had a decent internet connection for ages.

ANYWAY, back to the game.

Wildebeestia has declared that, while not making them illegal, it will not be allowing robots to be used in jobs where humans could be used, until there is no unemployment. Wildebeestia will not therefore be purchasing any robots.

We also Urge the aternians not to attack the british mainland. We feel that the issue should stay within the isle of man. While it does so, we will remain neutral, but any attempt to attack mainlands (on either side) will lead to our entry. Our Military is on alert should it be needed.

OT - is there anything that i need to respond to, that i may have forgotten about?
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

apart from me now owning all your land, uh... no
I'm joking of course, as the world would've declared war on me had I tried that :D

Our Leaders are showing 'Background Support' (i.e. no action/supplies/anything) towards Britain.

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Voyager One wrote:OT - This is TV news, it isn't fully correct although most parts are, the person behind this "event" knows all the truth. LNM and A321, you can confirm it or deny it or use it for roleplay.
---

CNN BREAKING NEWS!

British troops continue their advance on the Isle of Man as they see less and less resistance from Aternian robots. Reportedly, massive numbers of these robots lay around with no power, looking like horrifying tin toys.

A few British soldiers have apparently witnessed moments where these robots suddenly seemed to short-circuit in the middle of the battle and drop powerless to the ground.

Our reporters are unfortunately not allowed to get on the island as it is a war zone but a well-informed source from the British military has commented that "they are dropping like flies"!

Veto Robots not working, as stated I have built robots using anti EMP tech, no message has been given to me about how they are been disabled. It would be unfair if:

a) The thing you PM'd me about has happened in less than a year.

B) Someone, without even posted, managed to find a way to disable my robots without informing me.

C) Found a way to disable my robots, over the Aternias who built these things.... Saying you can control the robots, is the same as they taking control of stealth bombers etc. If This tech hasn't been posted on here, it doesn't exist. I refer to the case that no major tech breakthrough can be posted without at-least a development post, and not a "Code name alpha" post >.>.....

I would also like to know why every nation in the world has gone against robotics, without the doing 1 illegal thing. Britain attacked ME. For those of you thinking of aiding Britain, let me be frank, Britain had a reason to attack me, you do not, if you dislike robots, you still do not attack a nation that has them.

If i discover a nation aiding the UK role-play wise, I will ensure you feel the total wrath of Aternia, the likes of which you will not expect.

On topic:

*As what voyager posted about robots falling down and not working was never Pm'd or even hinted at to me, im ignoring it*

Several Mammoth trucks role out from the military base. As British troops head forward, they meet Aternia robotic resistance and a trench war begins. The British, held up at one side of the cliff face, the MRU's ontop of the hill covered in trees.

For moments, it seems like each side is in a stale mate, Neither able to move forward into the open cover.

*Im just making a little story, no loses or anything*

British soldier: Damn robots, we cant advance, we'll just have to wait for reinforcements.

soldier 2: Theres atleast 40 of us, we could take the, there only seems to be 7 or 8 that ive counted!

Soldier 3: Oh yeah, until we get to the auto turrets in the trees, they'll pick us off in seconds!

Soldier 1: As i said, we'll just have to wait

*A rumbling can be heard, like a large jeep, a mammmoth truck can be seen in the distance

Soldier 4: Incoming! Its probably more MRU's!

*The soldiers appear to ready themselves. The truck disappears behind the tree lines, afew minutes later it can be seen driving away into the distance (its a massive truck, so it could probably be seen for miles)

Solider 3: They'll be coming out the trees any minute!

*The tree line in the distance suddenly starts to move, some of the trees disappear asif they have been cut down*

Solider 2: What the hell, are they cutting down the cover?

*Suddenly small tremors can be felt*

Solider 1: Whats going on.

*suddenly 1 of the trees falls, and a massive metallic robot can be seen (A RATH, so far unseen by the public) *

Solider 4: Jesus christ!

*The RATH begins opening fire, suddenly missiles begin to fire out towards the soliders cover*

Officer: Move back! Everyone back! retreat, thats an order!

*The soldiers begin to run as the RATH sets a blaze of bullets towards them for its mini gun turret*

(Pilot can state if there were any loses. Not saying his troops are wimps, but 40 men vs a tank and no heavy weapons would do the same. FYI heavy weapons would only make a dint in this thing....)
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

you cannot veto my method as it already worked once.
And who says I cannot tell those who wish to fight your robots mwahaha

Last_Ninja_Monk
Tycoon
Tycoon

Jacko wrote:you cannot veto my method as it already worked once.
And who says I cannot tell those who wish to fight your robots mwahaha

It hasnt already worked once. Its never worked, and youve never told me about this method, you can just say "I can defeat these now" without 1 word!

Ive hacked into your missile defense system and blown up all your missiles, destroying all your bases. Its already happed so it works, I dont need to tell you how. Thats basically what youve just done :x

Also, We'll see how well attacking Aternia reflects on this ICN judgement.....

Im gona state why this would never happen:

1) You dont have any robots, no robots, no testing.

2) It was never created or even posted.

3) Somehow you managed to get this super weapon to the British, and they managed to get it to the first wave of attack?

4) You gave a super weapon away for free, simply to destroy another country's tech, that had no treat against you?

5) Your a poor nation, thats somehow, even though it doesnt even have modern tanks, managed to create a super weapon that can destroy the most high tech thing on the planet currently? (Other thigns aside obviously)
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

may I dig up the quote? (wait whilst I search)

Here we go, you cannot veto it now, as it was not vetoed before.
I Previously wrote:one jackal was caught in a magnetic field generated by a nearby science lab and disabled
however it exploded before we could get its overload function disabled.
1. Was completely random accident revealing the weakness
2. it was posted
3. its fairly simple to make, no actual weapon
4 Well its not like you weren't thinking of wiping me out anyway, besides if I don't have enough weapons, I can help someone who does.
5. See numbers 1 & 3

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Our total losses so far amounts to 43 as of now. What are yours LNM? I have attacked some of your troops, and suffered losses yet advanced, so you should have had some?

------

An BAC-B-4 was diverted on a testing run, and using its limited stealth capabilities, has bombed a portion of the Islands Runway using 340lb gravity drop bombs, the bomber was later attacked by some Aternian jets and took a little damage, before the Bomber was able to get a fighter escort, causing the Aternian jets to retreat. Around 6,500ft of the runway is still useable, as Gravity drop bombs aren't the most accurate. More Spec Ops units have crossed to the Island with the RIBs being too small and fast to be detected by most ships radars.

Return to “Forum Games”