The Map Game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Map Game

Post by Voyager One »

Weather control satellites launched from Guyana spaceport. Testing in progress over Cuba. We will try forming clouds and rainstorms on one side and dispersing a tropical storm (a mild hurricane) on the other side.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

We would like to have our land back please.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

He never posted a Map Taking your land.

(Also, aren't we in like the 25th Century or something, why is there no Time travel)

Since there isn't South Britfraca look into the possibilities of Time travel.
We have started construction on a Time machine after finding TOP SECRET Information to do with this.
We will update you at a later date.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

A321Pilot wrote: aren't we in like the 25th Century or something
I'll play APDAF... "No we're not!" :lol:
I think we're somewhere near year 2280-2300.

500th ANNIVERSARY OF ROHAN!

Most anniversary goals have been reached:

- no more money or other currency in Rohan any more - all transactions are made by "credit points"
- almost 50% of trade goods are now completely free due to replicator use, the other 50% has had it's price significantly decreased
- food replicators are free to use for all inhabitants
- Rohan has renounced violence and war forever and has discarded most of it's military forces
- the army remains at 15.000 troops in ESC (Elite Space Core) and National Guard (200 Sabre VII tanks remaining)
- the navy has been completely disarmed, all ships have been either dismantled or transferred to the Coast Guard; 25.000 troops remaining
- the airforce has been reduced to 15.000 troops and 200 Hammerhead advanced fighter aircrafts
- all military bases have been transferred to Coast Guard, National Guard or to research purposes.
- all ballistic missiles have been dismantled
Attachments
Hammerhead.jpg
Hammerhead.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 4116 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Veto on time travel "You do not know what it can do."

And I was talking to anyone who has taken my land.

Ps Veto on that "credit points" thing it is playing with other countries currencies.
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

veto time travel, it would get really frustrating real fast :P
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I didn't say I've stopped trading with others. Only Rohan citizens don't need money any more. You want to trade with me? Get some money.

EDIT: Let me explain further. Rohan citizen do their jobs and are paid in "virtual" money called credit points. They use their credit points to pay for things that still need paying (i.e. buying an aircraft). However, when going abroad, they exchange their credit points into a foreign currency. Also, when foreigners come to Rohan, they exchange their currencies into credit points. In any case, for international exchange purposes, 1 credit point is valued as 1 Rohan Mark.

Veto time travel too.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

So a credit point is a type of money. So why not just call it money?
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
L.A. Noire Fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by L.A. Noire Fan »

Since APDAF is not here, I removed his country from the map. :wink:
Attachments
Map Game (1).png
Map Game (1).png (151.12 KiB) Viewed 918 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The USAf's greatest scientists are developing a new technology: Energy Absorption Coils. They are simply special coils that absorb all heat energy around them and transform it straight into electricity. We have reason to believe that it will be beneficial for the following technologies:
- Geothermal power
- Solar Power, including the Solar Array receivers
- Nuclear Power (fusion and fission)
- Anything that generates excess heat, eg industry, incinerating
- Cooling starship reactorsand engines while providing power (because cooling is a problem on starships)
- Creating energy out of warm air to power vehicles while cooling the atmosphere
- Greatly extending the energy efficiency of computers by reabsorbing the heat generated by the cpu.

It will make steam turbines obsolete and will be the final step in turning the USAf and the rest of the world into a completely emission-free planet.

The USAf will remain fully armed, unlike Rohan, because there is still a chance of conflict with other nations. Giant fortresses on crawler tracks ply the Sahara Desert and the Kalahari Desert, armed with missile launchers and ICBMs, ready to block any land attack. A new generation of twin-hulled aircraft carriers with buzzplanes and atmospheric fighters are in the Navy along with Ultra fast destroyers and submarines armed with plasma missiles and fusion rays. New stealth bombers are built to carry Drill-bombs and Buzzplanes, and also regular and nuclear bombs. We have huge amounts of new generation miltary MPVs, refitted to troop transports, heavy missile launchers, fusion rays, plasma cannons and various special equipment. Our troops wear a special biosynthetic armour suit which is fully flexible but can withstand heavy damage. The TerraHub station is home to an experimental Starfighter squadron, a special type of starship designed for agility and fighting in space (for research and testing only, so far)

Also, we still use African Dollars, which were introduced at the formation of the USAf. It was pegged to the previous currency, the Marran Krona. All transactions in the USAf are now fully electronic,
@Voyager One: A question - What if a USAf citizen orders a product from Rohan over the Internet? What about the other way round?

The USAf operates on a proven and successful system called "commu-capitalism", a blend of the best elements of communism and capitalism.
Example: All people are given a home and a basic job by the government by default (communism). If a person is smart and/or successful, they have a better job and earn more money (capitalism). There is no homelessness or unemployment, and the whole nation is very clean, since otherwise homeless people clean streets and trim gardens for the government, getting a home and basic pay in exchange. If they find a non-government better paying job, they keep the home, but if they are able to afford a better home, the government buys back the old home.

The government is something different again - politicians have been completely done away with, instead the country and its various agencies are administered by "experts" who propose things to the public and they vote on it. This "democracy without politicians" system is working well, because there are no promises that won't be fulfilled, just "we will do this if enough people vote for it, full stop."
Example: "Should we build this new train line?"
Politician: "I promise to build this train line blah blah blah"
Result: Train line is never built.
Team of Experts: "This train line would be feasible. People affected will vote."
Vote=Yes: Train line is built.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Level Crossing wrote:So a credit point is a type of money. So why not just call it money?
Because there is no more actual money involved. No money - no robberies. Since all transactions between credits and foreign money are done online via our central bank's super-secure system, no frauds are possible too. No robberies, no frauds - no crime. At least that's what we're aiming to.
Emperor Jake wrote:A question - What if a USAf citizen orders a product from Rohan over the Internet? What about the other way round?
1. You would get the price in Rohan Marks or African Dollars, then you can pay online, our national bank receives your money and instead of money, our seller gets these credit points on his account.
2. Exactly the other way round. Our citizen pays with his credit points and our national bank sends real money to your account.

In any case, in Rohan, i.e.
- food, water and beverages are free
- clothes are free
- power is free
- all trains, buses and metros are free to use (aircrafts not yet but the ticket price is very low)
- since electricity is free and all road and rail vehicles are electric, "fuel" is free
- standard communication systems are free to use

However! Exporting free goods would collapse other nations' economies. We don't want to do that. Instead, when you order something from Rohan, you get a price like you would get in your own country. We only hope that our system will prove to be acceptable to all other nations, then we can change this policy.

Basically, the best wages are in those sectors where replicators still can't completely do the job - turning the hyerarchy almost upside down from i.e. today's real world. So manual workers earn most.
Emperor Jake wrote:Starfighter squadron, a special type of starship designed for agility and fighting in space
Why don't you use our Hammerheads? They're designed both for atmospheric and space use.
Emperor Jake wrote:The USAf will remain fully armed, unlike Rohan, because there is still a chance of conflict
We also believe that their still a chance of a surface conflict but even without the army we're not defenceless. Those nice weapons on the Spacedock and other installations can easily be turned towards Earth - AGAINST ANY VILLAIN, NEVER AGAINST FREE AND FRIENDLY NATIONS OR CITIZENS!
(anyone thinking of a war against the world peace, consider this first)

The Daedalus class has been officialy introduced into UESPA fleet. Rohan has built 7 of them for its needs, other UESPA nations are welcome to build their own on the Spacedock. We intend to use them for exploration and research purposes outside our solar system.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pottsy »

POTTSANIA SWITCHES TO MAGLEV
It's official. The only regular railways in Pottsania are international ones.
Also, I took a bit of Apdaf's land.

@Rohan. What make's sure you use ONLY your credits? and what if you receive money as a gift?
Do people have Credit Cards? Or do they have a chip implanted in the left hand at twelve years old like Pottsanian citizens?

PS: Pottsania now has two capitals. Leeds, the north capital and York because it has lots of international rail links.
Attachments
Map Game.png
Map Game.png (172.98 KiB) Viewed 918 times
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Pottanda wrote:@Rohan. What make's sure you use ONLY your credits? and what if you receive money as a gift?
Do people have Credit Cards? Or do they have a chip implanted in the left hand at twelve years old like Pottsanian citizens?
"Credit" cards are the most common way of making transactions. We're slowly introducing chip implants but some people don't like it - yet.
These credit cards are not just credit cards - they're all-in-one, ID card, passport, bank account card, medical card...

Money as a gift? You mean paper or coins, I suppose. You go to the nearest bank and exchange it to credit point placed directly on your account. Foreigners receive accounts too - for free of course.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The USAf wishes to launch a mission to Vega, a star that has been of interest to scientists for hundreds of years. For this many month long mission, a Daedalus class ship will be built specially fitted out for long missions, to be accompanied by the USS Fasa Manubi (an Explorer class ship) and the USS Victoria, the new large flagship built to the USAf's design. It is similar in size and shape to the Commodore class, but with a completely new hull and frame, and of course a M/AM warp drive. It has five decks and a very large cargo space. A second one, USS Gazelle, is being built at the Spacedock.
The UES Avenger is being decommissioned - it is no longer useful to anyone and has served its purpose as a testbed for many new technologies. The UES Jupiter mining base ship is for sale to any interested mining companies. (Current UESPA and Vanesco mining operations are carried out remotely using movable platforms)

Plans are also underway to designing a replacement for the space tugs such as the Juno and Pamela class, plus similar vehicles owned by private companies. Vanesco Specore has already placed a bid for the six Pamela class ships currently in service with the UESPA. Either way, Juno class tugs are going cheap! They are not the fastest, but they haul 20,000 ton mineral/ore containers really well.

The USAf is introducing a national ticket system. All forms of public transport will be payable automatically by each citizen's card, and foreigners can obtain a universal pass. This applies to all forms of public transport, from long distance maglevs, aircraft, regional and local trains, buses and coaches, metros and trams, ferries and submarine ferries, taxis and those personal rapid transit things that have been installed in some cities, and in a few places even commuter lanes, carpooling and conveyor belts!
All maglevs operate from a centralised system and are driverless; many city bus, tram and metro services are also becoming automated. Retrofitting existing regular trains for automatic control is underway.
Basically, the best wages are in those sectors where replicators still can't completely do the job - turning the hyerarchy almost upside down from i.e. today's real world. So manual workers earn most.
Like what, for example? Surely all repetitive and simple tasks have been mechanised?
Why don't you use our Hammerheads? They're designed both for atmospheric and space use.
The Hammerheads are all well and good, but we need an alternative. We will compare them in simulated battles in space once the development is complete.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Like what, for example? Surely all repetitive and simple tasks have been mechanised?
I.e. there's still need for some manual labour in construction and mining (not all processes can be mechanized), also the medical staff is still definitely superior to any machine, many hand-manufactured unique items are valued much more than "machine-produced-stereotypes". For instance, hand-made decorations like simple vases or table cloths are considered almost art and are mostly valued.

Rohan citizens no longer desire to just accumulate material wealth, they stream for quality of life and excellence.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

Voyager One wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:
I.e. there's still need for some manual labour in construction and mining (not all processes can be mechanized), also the medical staff is still definitely superior to any machine, many hand-manufactured unique items are valued much more than "machine-produced-stereotypes". For instance, hand-made decorations like simple vases or table cloths are considered almost art and are mostly valued.

Rohan citizens no longer desire to just accumulate material wealth, they stream for quality of life and excellence.
this makes no sense... its money in bank accounts, why bother calling it differently, and what about the people who maintain the replicators, wouldn't they be technical workers and make more money

and quality of life and excellence is Material wealth :roll: ...
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Voyager One wrote:I.e. there's still need for some manual labour in construction and mining
In the USAf, those jobs involve sitting in an air-conditioned cabin and pushing buttons on a computer. The cabin is usually attached to a huge machine of some sort.
rdrdrdrd wrote:
and quality of life and excellence is Material wealth :roll: ...
Typical 21st century thinking :roll: Here's some 23rd century thinking:

You can have a good quality of life, ie enough "money" to give you a good home, food every day for you and your family, vacations, etc. without making too much money. If you were manager of a profitable company that makes goods, why would you do things like cut corners and charge more for an inferior product just so you can make more money than you need?

The USAf has passed a new law of "making money justly". This ensures that there are no scams, vendor lock-in, poor quality goods etc. The "commu-" part of our commu-capitalism government ensures that there is no motivation for earning large amounts of money, as any too large income will have their brains taxed out. A system of "just goods and services" taxes goods and services differently based on what the premise is. For example, cheap mass-produced goods sold cheaply are hardly taxed at all, while cheap mass-produced goods sold for too much are taxed so heavily that the company is much better off selling them for cheap. The same goes for companies who try to lock you in by seling a cheap device and then selling expensive refills or accessories (eg. printer inks, home replicator cartriges and coffee machines). This business model is illegal in the USAf, as are goods that are designed to fail after the warranty expires. Also if a device does not use standard connectors, it will be taxed; if another company creates something that uses the same non-standard connectors, it will be banned (so no ipod docks in cars as long as ipod dock connector is not standardised - once it is standardised, all smartphones and PMPs should have it, and custom docks and in-cars are allowed). All electronic devices must be able to be used to their full potential out of the box, so there are no underclocked computers, locked-out CPU cores, down-tuned car engines (yes this still applies to fuel cell cars somehow) and most importantly no operating systems or software that prevents anything the hardware is capable of. There is only one type of memory card available, and it is illegal to develop an alternative unless it has so many advantages that it can become the new standard (Even then, it must remain backwards-compatible) High quality goods that are easily reparable, simple to maintain and modify, and last a lifetime are the norm in the USAf now, since anything else is unfeasible due to the tax. So don't think of exporting cheap, crappy goods to us, since we will tax it so hard that nobody will benefit.

Furthermore, all media (movies, software, literature, art) produced by USAf citizens is now released under a license similar to CreativeCommons Non-Commercial. This ensures that nobody pirates anything, as all media is free to download or view. Cinemas make money purely due to selling the privilege of watching a film in a huge 3D room with optional Scent-o-vision. All media is able to be freely modified and released at will. In order to make money, people register their work with the government media agency, and the government gives tehm money depending on how much work it was. For example, a full feaure film involving the best actors and hundreds of people would receive millions from the government, giving people an incentive to make films. The film continues to make money if more people keep downloading it and watching it.
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Map lock
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Emperor Jake wrote:In the USAf, those jobs involve sitting in an air-conditioned cabin and pushing buttons on a computer. The cabin is usually attached to a huge machine of some sort.
That is the case in Rohan too, maybe I've expressed myself wrong. I've wanted to say that it's still impossible to fully robotize some works like these.
rdrdrdrd wrote: its money in bank accounts, why bother calling it differently
One of the main reasons is the psychological effect of the word "money". Troughout centuries, this word has inspired many negative qualities in the human race: greed, lust, violence... We're aiming at cancelling these effects by discarding "money".
rdrdrdrd wrote:and what about the people who maintain the replicators, wouldn't they be technical workers and make more money
Of course, any kind of manual labor is most appreciated. When I say "manual", I mean labor that still cannot be completely automatized or mechanized, labor that needs a human worker even for juts pushing buttons.
OTOH and i.e., politicians earn very little but they have other benefits provided by the state, like a free car. Also they earn extras regarding their achievements that contribute to the state's progress and prospering.
Emperor Jake wrote:So don't think of exporting cheap, crappy goods to us, since we will tax it so hard that nobody will benefit.
No more "cheap crappy things". Rohan has imposed severe criteria regarding quality and replicators do what they're programmed to do, can't to something of a lesser quality than their program has stated. Regardless of that, we're in fact coordinating import-export with all trade partners, setting a "standard" price for anything involved. "Donations" are still present (food, medical equipment and similar) but these are also subject to inter-government agreements.
rdrdrdrd wrote:and quality of life and excellence is Material wealth
Not true. Material wealth has always meant something like "more, more, more..." No longer. Our citizens have learned to value pleasure and excellence in life and they like contributing to this in their own way each (and they are all rewarded for their efforts). It doesn't matter if someone works as an artistic gardener or as a construction worker or a painter or a Coast Guard officer or a politician, they all do their best to improve the quality of life not just for themselves but for the whole society. Giving satisfaction to someone else has become the highest reward of all.
Of course there are still some that think the "old-fashined" way of the previous centuries but they've become a very very small minority.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

yeah i just cant see human nature changing so drastically, also as we have gotten to an exteme date i vote for a restart to take place december 1st

Return to “Forum Games”