The Map Game

Want to let off some steam? Come and join in our forum-based games.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Forum rules
No consecutive posting in word games. If starting a new game, please check to see if there is already a similar game - such topics are likely to be locked.
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: The Map Game

Post by Pottsy »

I would like some Magma for power too please. Hot as the sun.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The development on the Shielding technology is progressing well - we anticipate it could eventually use it for improving the structural integrity of starship hulls. With this technology, an accident such as that of the RSS Beta would have been prevented.
The UES Avenger and the UES Admiral are carrying out experiments with new hull structures and stellardynamic cowling. The latter is proving to increase structural stability at high speeds such as Warp 1.1.

After this research is complete, the UESPA will construct a new flagship that incorporates the M/AM technology, a completely new hull structure and active shielding, and a top speed of Warp 2. It has already been commissioned as Hull 25, and is yet to be named. If you are a UESPA nation, please feel free to suggest a name.

Because the Earth Spacedock is now under full operation, the old OrbitHub and LunarHub space stations will be salvaged by tug-stips and the materials will be recycled to build more ships. The space stations that remain are the Discovery research station (its location behnd the Moon shields it from Earth interference) and the TerraHub station (which is at the top of the space elevator, and hosts shipyards and ore processing facilities)

@A321Pilot: You can order starships from either the UESPA or Makuse. The advantage of UESPA built ships is they are faster and larger, but they cannot land. Makuse Cargohoppers and MX spaceplanes are smaller and can land on Earth and use the Moon's launching rail.

The UES Pioneer and the UES Endeavour have been put up for sale by the UESPA! The Pioneer was used to transport goods and passengers on a regular shuttle run to Mars, but has been replaced by a fleet of CargoHoppers with fusion engines. The UES Endeavour is capable of travelling all over the Solar System, and has a large cargo hold so it may be useful for mining or colonisation. Please place your bids. (Please note that neither are capable of interstellar travel)

Also, why is the silly and ineficcient magma system proving much more popular than the Solar Array? It's much cheaper to build a receiving dish that provides power for a whole nation than it is to build magma pipes over long distances, that can't power your whole nation. Or just plonk a fusion reactor there...
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

we have our own source of magma already, its called iceland :)
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

We would like to offer the USAf CSAR 200,000,000 each for both Spacecraft.
SprungGeoduck21
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SprungGeoduck21 »

@Emperor Jake. You want to know why the magma system is so popular? Because it's CHEAP! If you want to power the entire world with your space array, then try. Mark my words, though, you won't want to. It'll involve lugging lots of bit in to space, while our magma pipes are just upgraded water lines. They're cheap to build and, thanks to our magma plasma digger, cheap to dig holes for too. See my point?
When life gives you lemons, you take advantage of the ECS lemon vector!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Material fatigue is the conclusive cause of the RSS Beta incident. We are switching to a different material, the newly "melted" duranium. It's another composite of aluminium and titanium but with different percentages than before.
SprungGeoduck21 wrote:If you want some materials to strengthen your ships, how about our ceramic composite pipe material
Nope. Ceramics are too brittle for strong acceleration, decceleration and torque forces in warp.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

SprungGeoduck21 wrote:@Emperor Jake. You want to know why the magma system is so popular? Because it's CHEAP! If you want to power the entire world with your space array, then try. Mark my words, though, you won't want to. It'll involve lugging lots of bit in to space, while our magma pipes are just upgraded water lines. They're cheap to build and, thanks to our magma plasma digger, cheap to dig holes for too. See my point?
The Solar Array is already capable of powering the entire planet; it is only being used at 30% capacity. It's cheap too, you only need a single pair of receiving dishes to power your entire nation. Plus, we build the satellites in space and our space tugs handle all the transport problems. Even if it isn't powerful enough, we can always put more satellites out. I'm telling you, you're never going to advance beyond a 1 on the Kardashev scale with your methods :P
In case it fails, we always have backup fusion reactors. What will you do when the Earth's core dries up, or someone puts ice on the pipe to freeze the magma?
Pottsy
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pottsy »

OK cancel my order of magma and get me some solar arrays

Ps: noones posted a map on this page.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56094 My screenshots.
Formally know as Pottanda
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

The RSS Alpha has been retired due to unsurmountable problems of changing the hull materials.

In the meantime, with some help of those 'replicators', six new ships have been built and lauched. These ships are considered a separate class as they are somewhat different from the NX Alpha and NX Beta design. They are slightly larger, allowing a passenger+cargo version within one ship. The outer design remained the same.
They are:
USS Ferdinand Magellan
USS Ibn Batutta
USS Marco Polo
USS Amerigo Vespucci
USS Cristoforo Colombo
USS James Cook

Notice the USS prefix instead of RSS - they are now UESPA SpaceShips.

Other news: Rohan moonbase has installed a new antimatter production facility. It will produce enough antimatter for supplying it to the constantly growing spacefleet.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
SprungGeoduck21
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Emperor Jake wrote:
SprungGeoduck21 wrote:@Emperor Jake. You want to know why the magma system is so popular? Because it's CHEAP! If you want to power the entire world with your space array, then try. Mark my words, though, you won't want to. It'll involve lugging lots of bit in to space, while our magma pipes are just upgraded water lines. They're cheap to build and, thanks to our magma plasma digger, cheap to dig holes for too. See my point?
The Solar Array is already capable of powering the entire planet; it is only being used at 30% capacity. It's cheap too, you only need a single pair of receiving dishes to power your entire nation. Plus, we build the satellites in space and our space tugs handle all the transport problems. Even if it isn't powerful enough, we can always put more satellites out. I'm telling you, you're never going to advance beyond a 1 on the Kardashev scale with your methods :P
In case it fails, we always have backup fusion reactors. What will you do when the Earth's core dries up, or someone puts ice on the pipe to freeze the magma?
You seriously think that a( the earth's core will eventually dry up, and b( that ice will freeze magma? Morons. I am currently hatching a plan to sabotage your solar array.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

What? Why, what reason would you have to do such a thing, which would only incite conflict between our nations?

Go on, try it. I dare you. The high energy power transmission beam might somehow "accidentally" get pointed directly at your capital city if you were to sabotage it.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

SprungGeoduck21 wrote: I am currently hatching a plan to sabotage your solar array.
Rohan uses the solar array power too. In response to these threats, the Rohan army, the Spacedock and all Rohan space installations and ships have been put to alert.

"Let me just remind you of those nice spatial torpedoes we have on board the Spacedock. They're not meant for you or any other nation but they can easily be turned towards Earth too, you know?"
President Chukkie Noris
Leon

Image Image Image Image
SprungGeoduck21
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Sorry. I don't really mean to mess up the array, I just don't like people dissing my ideas.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

"We don't dislike your geothermal idea. In fact, Rohan was one of the first nations to implement this kind of energy production. If you wish, we would gladly share our knowledge on this matter with you.

Also, we, as well as several other nations, have developed other energy sources that are more productive than geothermal power - Helium-3 and Helium-6 fusion reactors, the solar array installation, even the newest matter/antimatter reactor. We only suggest you consider those as well, as they have proven to be very effective, powerful and longlasting with minimal environmental effects and building and implementation cost.

However, any threats to our sovereignty or the world peace and stability will be met with utmost force."

President Chukkie Noris
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

@Voyager one
when is this Spacedock ready to do stuff? our M.A.R.S. Base is complete with safety checks and everything.
Also we wish to help with the development in Fusion Reactors. The Cold-ness of Further-Away Planets and stuff may be very useful in creating suitable conditions for Fusion Reactors. Plus we may need it in long-term powering of M.A.R.S. Base.

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

The UESPA Spacedock is fully operational. Those ships we're building are being built inside the Spacedock i.e.
Jacko wrote:Plus we may need it in long-term powering of M.A.R.S. Base.
A matter/antimatter reactor is exactly what you need! Only one of them powers the whole Spacedock (we still have three minor fusion reactors as backup).
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

@ Emperor Jake: Did you see my offer for UES Pioneer and UES Endeavour, If not I offered 200,000,000 for each.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The UES Pioneer and Endeavour have been sold to South Britfraca for 200,000,000 each, since nobody else has expressed any interest. (I was just waiting in case anyone else made a bid). As a UESPA nation, you are free to use all of our facilities.

@Pottsy: One pair of solar array receiving dishes coming up! Just tell us where, preferably far from major cities...

@Jacko: The spacedock must be ready, since we've already dismantled our old space stations, LunarHub and OrbitHub.

@Voyager One: Do we have a name for the new class? Also we need a name for the new flagship that is being developed since the UES Commodore is now technologically behind, as it is still powered by a Helium3/Lithium6 Fusion reactor.

MAP UNLOCKED
Map Game.png
Map Game.png (133.8 KiB) Viewed 784 times
- Finished/added more maglevs
- Removed Lunarhub and old space stations
- Cleaned up WSA's borders (That's enough expansion, WSA, your nation is already a bit too big)

OT: Have you noticed at the beginning of the game topic there was a new map almost every post, and now there's a new map every three pages? :P
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Emperor Jake wrote:Have you noticed at the beginning of the game topic there was a new map almost every post, and now there's a new map every three pages?
Our world finally works as the real world should and I hope one day will. No severe conflicts, wars, bickering over petty differences.
Emperor Jake wrote: Do we have a name for the new class?
Class name? Noone thought of it so far. How about the "Explorers" class?
BTW, do you need some of these built for your activities? We're still planning to send these six to Alpha Centauri.

Other news: The design bureau has started drawing a new ship, a very very large one. This one has been planned as a 'generations' ship, there are already many interested people who would like to embark on a long jurney across our galaxy.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Are we in UESPA yet?
If so we would like to help with the generations ship

Return to “Forum Games”